IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Libertine1 said:

I wasn't really aware of Darrell Clarke before he was at Rovers so just did a quick wiki check. I'm not sure when this radio interview happened but he left Mansfield in 2001, that's quite some time ago to be fair. 

Anyway, turns out he played for Hartlepool against us in that playoff game in 2004. Never knew that before.

Maybe that explains the "Happy Days" comment more than him just being Manager of Rovers?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Libertine1 said:

I wasn't really aware of Darrell Clarke before he was at Rovers so just did a quick wiki check. I'm not sure when this radio interview happened but he left Mansfield in 2001, that's quite some time ago to be fair. 

Anyway, turns out he played for Hartlepool against us in that playoff game in 2004. Never knew that before.

I didn't know that! 

I didn't think my memories of that night could be any better, but they are now! 

• Like 1

• Admin
16 minutes ago, Calculus said:

I think it's even better than that. Wasn't Clarke the one that Christian Roberts skinned just before scoring the winner?

I think that is wishful thinking, I always thought it was a centre forward playing at right back due to an injury

Looking below it was Eifion Williams

christian-roberts-679607.jpg

Maybe my memory isnt what it used to be so have checked youtube. (Always worth doing btw).

So, previous posters are right, it was Clarke (number 7) that lost the header in the build up. I knew he was somehow culpable.

Whilst we're looking, take a glimpse at Goodfellow's goal. Great cross from Roberts brilliant header but nobody anywhere near Goodfellow never mind challenging. Who's their static number 7, helpfully standing 3 yards from Goodfellow? 

To be fair, Daz was a 72nd minute substitute and Hartlepool were only one up before he made his contribution...

Edited by Calculus

BREAKING NEWS

PUBLISHED

11:00 15th September 2016

Bristol Rovers will be hosting a stall at the University of the West of England's Freshers Fair tomorrow [Friday 16th September].

After a successful appearance at last year's fair, the club will again be present to try and attract more fans to the Memorial Stadium.

Students will have the chance to ask questions about the club, join the Supporters Club and find out more about special student offers.

Rovers are offering UWE students the chance to watch local football while they are away from home as well as a opportunity to win tickets to future games.

The fair takes place next Friday [16th September] between 11am and 4pm.

3 minutes ago, Super said:

BREAKING NEWS

PUBLISHED

Bristol Rovers will be hosting a stall at the University of the West of England's Freshers Fair tomorrow [Friday 16th September].

After a successful appearance at last year's fair, the club will again be present to try and attract more fans to the Memorial Stadium.

Students will have the chance to ask questions about the club, join the Supporters Club and find out more about special student offers.

Rovers are offering UWE students the chance to watch local football while they are away from home as well as a opportunity to win tickets to future games.

very corporate very professional 

6 minutes ago, Super said:

BREAKING NEWS

PUBLISHED

I'd love to show up to this and play the dumb student...

"So, are there any other clubs in the area?"

"Oh right, so what division to they play in?"

"Oh.  So do they play in a stadium with tents for stands too, or is something a little more up-together?"

"Oh OK.  Sorry, why exactly would I choose this option?"

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Super said:

BREAKING NEWS

PUBLISHED

Love to be there to ask a series of pressing questions.

Like for example what motivated one of their fans to punch a horse after they lost a football match,

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Super said:

BREAKING NEWS

PUBLISHED

Clearly things are moving ahead with the UWE/stadium.  An early attempt to snare students (although all those there now will have graduated by the time the UWE is built). Not even these morons would be stupid enough to advertise this given all the speculation and questions that will come with it.  

14 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

Clearly things are moving ahead with the UWE/stadium.  An early attempt to snare students (although all those there now will have graduated by the time the UWE is built). Not even these morons would be stupid enough to advertise this given all the speculation and questions that will come with it.  

Not necessarily, I've had several business ventures that haven't worked out for whatever reason, but due to building a relationship with them it's easier/convenient to do future business.

Edited by Griffin

1 hour ago, Super said:

BREAKING NEWS

PUBLISHED

Maybe when they said the funding was in place to press ahead with the plans at UWE, this is what they meant?? Someone's paid for the hire of their tressel table for the fair..!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Super said:

BREAKING NEWS

PUBLISHED

Time to find a nice big advertising hoarding close to UWE showing the shiny west stand, the fans village and a action shot of tammy scoring again in the championship 

1 hour ago, RedRaw said:

Time to find a nice big advertising hoarding close to UWE showing the shiny west stand, the fans village and a action shot of tammy scoring again in the championship 

You just know Rovers will bring the white plastic patio table and chairs.

• Like 2

Makes sense, many students when they finish UNI stay in the city and if they have any interest in the game will look to go to a few games. Even if they attract only 50 people across the whole of UWE each year 50 / 100 / 150 / 200 / 250 / 300 / 350 ---- these things then tend to blow into larger movements/numbers at which point is just a thing UWE/Rovers where you/friends students/ ex students are Rovers supporters...

I would think it's the kind of thing our club would look to do as well.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Makes sense, many students when they finish UNI stay in the city and if they have any interest in the game will look to go to a few games. Even if they attract only 50 people across the whole of UWE each year 50 / 100 / 150 / 200 / 250 / 300 / 350 ---- these things then tend to blow into larger movements/numbers at which point is just a thing UWE/Rovers where you/friends students/ ex students are Rovers supporters...

I would think it's the kind of thing our club would look to do as well.

They have.  It doesn't work.