IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 hours ago, Monkeh said:

I see rovers continue to be the most liked club, by singing "is there a fire drill" to Bradford fans

good taste that, asshats

4 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

And incredibly ironic, I'd say!!

That's not irony, that's tasteless, insensitive, offensive FWittery of the first order. 

• Like 5

One step closer to there being just One Team In Bristol

If the UWE stadium falls through they will be able to relocate to their new training ground and call themselves Almondsbury Rovers...

http://developments.southglos.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=OCS0FUOKG6G00

There is nothing on the planning documents explaining whose land they are stealing this time.

52 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

One step closer to there being just One Team In Bristol

If the UWE stadium falls through they will be able to relocate to their new training ground and call themselves Almondsbury Rovers...

http://developments.southglos.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=OCS0FUOKG6G00

There is nothing on the planning documents explaining whose land they are stealing this time.

Yikes, they have had planning permission for 15 years on that land, first submitted in 1998...... or was this going to be Almondsbury's local ground that never took of, and Rovers bought the land with it's current planning application agreement - if so pretty shrewed purchase.

ScreenShot_20160918134641.png

ScreenShot_20160918134527.png

2 minutes ago, SalisburyRed said:

That was vandalism and treated as such. People went to Valley Parade to watch a football match and died in a fire. There is quite a difference.

Yes, of course. I'm not saying they are even close to the same thing. 

I was clearly noting the irony that Rovers, of all fans, think that mocking a club because of a stadium fire was... Well there are no words to describe what they might have thought it was. 

Dispicable is the only word that sums it up. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fiale said:

Yikes, they have had planning permission for 15 years on that land, first submitted in 1998...... or was this going to be Almondsbury's local ground that never took of, and Rovers bought the land with it's current planning application agreement - if so pretty shrewed purchase.

ScreenShot_20160918134641.png

ScreenShot_20160918134527.png

As far as I am aware Rovers have never had anything to do with it

The site for Bristol Rovers' proposed new training ground has been revealed in planning documents that have been published online.

Chairman Steve Hamer revealed last week that 29 acres of land in an unnamed location had been identified and a South Gloucestershire planning application has now confirmed that Colony Farm in Hortham Lane, Almondsbury is the site Rovers are proposing to develop new training facilities on.

In the document, which was submitted on August 31, Rovers are named as the applicant and are seeking the green light to carry through to completion on a historical planning application that was approved for the 'erection of clubhouse, floodlights and store.' The plan also includes 'construction of vehicular and pedestrian access and car park'.

Planning permission for a similar use of the site was granted in 2001 but the development of training facilities by Bristol Combination Trustees – the original applicant – was never completed and the land, which currently has marked out football pitches, has since been used to house local amateur football clubs.

The site in Hortham Lane where the new training ground is planned

The club's decision to see the project through to completion depends on the removal of two conditions that were attached to the original planning permission that prohibited use of the facilities before 6pm during school term time.

They have also submitted justification for the removal of a condition that limits use of the site only to the previous applicant for non-professional and Under 18s matches unless a written request for consent is submitted to the council.

The plans are believed to include the construction of facilities that would initially meet Category 3 Academy status with the possibility of applying for upgrade to Category 2 status in the longer-term.

Rovers' first team has been a tenant at the Lawns - a 15-acre site that was previously owned by AXA – in Henbury since 2012, while the youth and academy sides are housed some 3 miles away at the Golden Hill Training Centre in Horfield.

The lease on that site expires in March and the club is keen to house their first-team and all of their age-group sides under the same roof at the proposed new training facility.

22 hours ago, Smaller than a flea said:

Actually there are several posters on both Rovers forums who take a cynical/pessimistic view of our new owners. These people aren't banned, but they do face a barrage of criticism, as you would expect. They would get the same on here, if they were City fans who consistently criticised the club.  That's to be expected.

I'm talking about a relentless and bizarre campaign to criticise everything Rovers do nowadays, all expressed on your forum.  No praise for promotions, no praise for a good manager, no praise for a good striker.  Just negativity.  And all this from a Rovers fan. Please.....

As I've said before, if the alter ego of Bert (let's call him Fred (Ford)), existed on Gaschat, those on here who read his bile would be seriously critical of him for a) his total negativity and b) his cowardly decision to only post on a rival forum.

He is not a fan of Bristol Rovers. He is either a fake or disturbed.

I'm not letting him off.

Great news about the training ground planning application but the sense of apprehension on both club’s fans forums is palpable. For Rovers fans the feeling is “what will go wrong this time ?” and City fans are split between some thinking “is this a sign that Rovers really are going to start catching us up ?” and others licking their lips at the prospect of another mammoth catastrophe to lampoon. 

For the latter there is a promising start with the pig farm and the caravan park adjacent to the site. But the real fun will begin when the Portakabins appear and unflattering comparisons are made with the City training ground at Failand.  As the local residents objections are thrust into the public gaze it will be the Rovers reaction which causes the storm. Quite probably another hate campaign or boycott will be instigated to cement our image in the minds of the public as the poor perennial victims. However, assuming all the hurdles are overcome then, next March we can fully expect to see photo’s of Darrell and the lads huddled outside some temporary accommodation next to a windswept field as training is once again cancelled due to unplayable pitches. 

Great fun for OTIB readers but why in the world does it have to be like this Mr Flea ? 

The training ground project offers an excellent opportunity to start the process of rebuilding the Rovers brand so why waste it by blundering in and creating a hostage to fortune by talking about a March opening date ?  Rather than building up expectations and egging on the fans with hints of “diggers moving in” why not take a more measured approach and explain in detail exactly what the vision is and how it is going to be achieved. Surely we can extend the current training ground lease for another twelve months ? We’ve done things “on the hoof” for years and it always ends up in disappointment and ridicule. 

The “Tann Plan” would be based on the stated aim of Rovers to be “Successful, Sustainable and an Asset to the Community”. It would stress the importance of the training ground as a base for the academy and highlight what is being done now and what is planned for the future. The Rovers academy http://roversacademy.co.uk/ is a credit to the club and deserves much more attention than it gets. By using professionals to both design and publicise the whole project we would show we really mean business this time and that the rag bag image is gone forever. The morale of our current supporters would be genuinely strengthened and the unhealthy need to forever compare ourselves with Bristol City would be diminished. By demonstrating in detail how Rovers plan to be promoting sport at the heart of the community we would be differentiating ourselves and creating an entity where success is not necessarily measured just by league tables or spending power but is judged by it’s positive impact on society in North Bristol and South Gloucestershire. Among the uncommitted sports fans in the area we would be forging a desire to come and be part of our new club.    

As Winston Churchill once said “we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and streets, we shall fight in the hills, we shall never surrender" 

Or as Fred Ford once said  “we shall fight where we got a chance of f*cking winning”     

#Bluelivesmatter

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hello said:

The site for Bristol Rovers' proposed new training ground has been revealed in planning documents that have been published online.

Chairman Steve Hamer revealed last week that 29 acres of land in an unnamed location had been identified and a South Gloucestershire planning application has now confirmed that Colony Farm in Hortham Lane, Almondsbury is the site Rovers are proposing to develop new training facilities on.

In the document, which was submitted on August 31, Rovers are named as the applicant and are seeking the green light to carry through to completion on a historical planning application that was approved for the 'erection of clubhouse, floodlights and store.' The plan also includes 'construction of vehicular and pedestrian access and car park'.

Planning permission for a similar use of the site was granted in 2001 but the development of training facilities by Bristol Combination Trustees – the original applicant – was never completed and the land, which currently has marked out football pitches, has since been used to house local amateur football clubs.

The club's decision to see the project through to completion depends on the removal of two conditions that were attached to the original planning permission that prohibited use of the facilities before 6pm during school term time.

They have also submitted justification for the removal of a condition that limits use of the site only to the previous applicant for non-professional and Under 18s matches unless a written request for consent is submitted to the council.

The plans are believed to include the construction of facilities that would initially meet Category 3 Academy status with the possibility of applying for upgrade to Category 2 status in the longer-term.

Rovers' first team has been a tenant at the Lawns - a 15-acre site that was previously owned by AXA – in Henbury since 2012, while the youth and academy sides are housed some 3 miles away at the Golden Hill Training Centre in Horfield.

The lease on that site expires in March and the club is keen to house their first-team and all of their age-group sides under the same roof at the proposed new training facility.

Couple of questions.

1. Do the trustees of Bristol Combination still own the land? An applicant for PP does not need to own the land.

2. If the land is owned By Bristol Combination Trustees, will a similar tale to the Memorial ground ownership fiasco ensue?

2 hours ago, Hello said:

Ironic or what? it is on the site of an old lunatic asylum !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

Massive following expected in the North Stand.....

I'm not usually one for boycotting matches, but I'd refuse to pay again to go to this match, so let's give them some leeway on attendance at this one. We'd only look stupid if we tried to mock them for a very valid boycott, on this occassion.

As for the match, I can't remember a game where I've wanted neither team to win quite so much! 

A crap 0-0 with lots of sendings off would probably be the favoured outcome. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I'm not usually one for boycotting matches, but I'd refuse to pay again to go to this match, so let's give them some leeway on attendance at this one. We'd only look stupid if we tried to mock them for a very valid boycott, on this occassion.

As for the match, I can't remember a game where I've wanted neither team to win quite so much! 

A crap 0-0 with lots of sendings off would probably be the favoured outcome. 

Thought that about Cardiff V Leeds on Saturday, Hate the clubs their owners and their Managers, just about came down on the side of Leeds because of Luke Ayling. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

So, what have they done today to keep us amused..?

Been a quiet few days from them, not shot themselves in the foot for a few days, which is why this thread is dead right now. Just shows we are not obsessed and only post on here when we're (often) laughing at them.

Edited by Griffin

3 minutes ago, Griffin said:

Been a quiet few days from them, not shot themselves in the foot for a few days, which is why this thread is dead right now. Just shows we are not obsessed and only post on here when we're (often) laughing at them.

Hold tight. There is bound to be something in the next couple of days. 

26 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

So, what have they done today to keep us amused..?

Met one of them at a dinner party in Droitwich on Saturday Evening. He was chatting to some Birmingham supporter who got him started by saying that he always preferred the Rovers to the City (less of a threat I assume?). He then went on to spout the usual guff about how he would have been in Bradford that day with "the other 2000" but for this dinner! Then how they were now able to compete thanks to their "Billionaire owner" and their "new stadium", when I pointed out that neither existed and that even Wael had made it clear that it was all bullshit, he continued with the "he obviously wouldn't admit he had money would he?" line. (Thus confirming my earlier post "only the true messiah", etc etc).

I just sat their laughing but my wife, who has little or no interest in football or sport in general, got really annoyed when he said how he could no longer go to the rugby because it was no played "at the sh*ts ground" she thought this was ridiculous. She got my phone out  (which is usually confiscated from me at these sort of events) and showed the Brum fan their ground and the pictures I had uploaded to facebook of their "stall" at the UWE fair. 

This did the rounds and caused such hilarity that he changed the subject completely and never mentioned it for the rest of the evening.

• Like 16

4 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Met one of them at a dinner party in Droitwich on Saturday Evening. He was chatting to some Birmingham supporter who got him started by saying that he always preferred the Rovers to the City (less of a threat I assume?). He then went on to spout the usual guff about how he would have been in Bradford that day with "the other 2000" but for this dinner! Then how they were now able to compete thanks to their "Billionaire owner" and their "new stadium", when I pointed out that neither existed and that even Wael had made it clear that it was all bullshit, he continued with the "he obviously wouldn't admit he had money would he?" line. (Thus confirming my earlier post "only the true messiah", etc etc).

I just sat their laughing but my wife, who has little or no interest in football or sport in general, got really annoyed when he said how he could no longer go to the rugby because it was no played "at the sh*ts ground" she thought this was ridiculous. She got my phone out  (which is usually confiscated from me at these sort of events) and showed the Brum fan their ground and the pictures I had uploaded to facebook of their "stall" at the UWE fair. 

This did the rounds and caused such hilarity that he changed the subject completely and never mentioned it for the rest of the evening.

Good work Sir!

I to have on occasion overheard them talking about the club in a similar manner. They'll reel that same load of nonsense out to anyone that will listen. Heard the game at Chelsea described recently as "amazing, really really good" Match ticket still on display for all the world to see like one of last years Glasto wristbands.

14 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Sounds like standard Gas, spreading the gospel of shite and then looking a fool when someone speaks up and clarifies the truth. 

If they weren't so full of crap, people might have a little bit more tolerance. 

What's wrong with what he could have said, along the lines of ..

"If I wasn't here I'd be at Bradford away. I expect we'll take about 5-600 today, which isn't bad at all for a club of our size. Infact we probably have one of the better away followings in relation to our home attendances. 

We've just got investment that should secure the club's future and give us some stability, although he's hardly splashing the cash, hopefully he'll finally get us out of our current shitpit of a ground and into desperately needed better facilities. 

We've clawed our way back to where we should be now, after a disastrous last 5/10 years. 

Anyway, where's your Mrs? Do you mind if I inappropriately grope her in front of your children, oh and you don't happen to have bought a horse here with you, did you..? Only I'm feeling a little irritated and need to punch a defensless animal. 

What do you mean that's wrong? What are you, a fcuking sh'ed..?!"

Edited by Bar BS3
  • Like 18