IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 minutes ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

He boycotted it just like the millions of Gas fans have...

Bet they regret it now mind after beating the titans of L1 football in their own backyard, open top bus celebration tomorrow ;)

Doubt Swindon will be that bothered, they`ve still got two and a half months before they win the league.

• Like 8

Well regardless of the fact it's Rovers, I don't mind saying I'm glad they won tonight. It means there is at least some justice for Swindon's detestable decision to charge again. Swindon deserved nothing from that game and I'm glad that's exactly what they got.

As for those attempting to mock the Rovers fans for their poor turnout, you miss the point entirely. In my eyes, the fewer they took tonight, the more impressive it would have been.

Edited by ChippenhamRed
  • Like 13

...anyway, to ensure normal service is resumed...I see one of 'them' thought it was 'disrespectful' for us to call him 'Dopey Darrell' BUT...

...after their last game away at Bradford he was quoted in the Bristol Post as saying 'Kelle Roos has made a match-winning save at the end...'

How does a match-winning save secure a 1-1 draw???!!!

Yep - 'Dopey'

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

...anyway, to ensure normal service is resumed...I see one of 'them' thought it was 'disrespectful' for us to call him 'Dopey Darrell' BUT...

...after their last game away at Bradford he was quoted in the Bristol Post as saying 'Kelle Roos has made a match-winning save at the end...'

How does a match-winning save secure a 1-1 draw???!!!

Yep - 'Dopey'

Did he not listen to Dopey on Radio Nottinghamshire or whatever station it was in his Mansfield days?

Calling him stupid would be an insult to stupid people

1 hour ago, Tomarse said:

Maybe I'm in the minority but I totally support the boycott of tonight's game 

^ This. I'll gladly mock them for all manner of reasons, but the only Gas who need mocking on this occasion are those who paid more for their second visit than they did for the first.

Fair play to those who voted with their feet and wallets and elected to stay away.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Sure, but weren't we boycotting the first away game of last season in protest at being charged £39 per ticket by Sheff Weds - but we still took 1,184 ?

And that was a long journey for those hardy souls. 

Oh ffs. I couldn't have made my point much clearer.

But if you are more interested in taking the piss than anything else knock yourself out.

12 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Well regardless of the fact it's Rovers, I don't mind saying I'm glad they won tonight. It means there is at least some justice for Swindon's detestable decision to charge again. Swindon deserved nothing from that game and I'm glad that's exactly what they got.

As for those attempting to mock the Rovers fans for their poor turnout, you miss the point entirely. In my eyes, the fewer they took tonight, the more impressive it would have been.

Well said.   No way was i going to pay again, and in the same circumstances most City fans would have done the same.     They actually only gave us the more expensive seats this time and not the open terrace,just to exploit the situation even more.  Looks like they ended up making a lose on the day with the reduced attendance and policing costs and getting 0 points.  Shame

• Like 5

1 hour ago, S_Y_G said:

Well said.   No way was i going to pay again, and in the same circumstances most City fans would have done the same.     They actually only gave us the more expensive seats this time and not the open terrace,just to exploit the situation even more.  Looks like they ended up making a lose on the day with the reduced attendance and policing costs and getting 0 points.  Shame

It was a disgrace and I was fully in support of your boycott. It's a shame that 400 still went. 

I draw the line at ever wanting you to win a match though. Even against Swindon! 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

It was a disgrace and I was fully in support of your boycott. It's a shame that 400 still went. 

I draw the line at ever wanting you to win a match though. Even against Swindon! 

Prob the same morons that went to that trophy game the other week.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Super said:

Prob the same morons that went to that trophy game the other week.

More likely that it's the small percentage of those who are so sick of being shut out for every match that their desperation to actually get in overwhelmed their disgust at Swindon's double-charging decision....the other 999999 would have stayed in the car park like normal 

2 hours ago, Seventeen said:

You create your own luck.

Or cheat to get players sent off. Dive outside the box into the box to con the referee and generally get every bit of luck that's been going for the past 2 seasons to scrape fortuitous promotions. 

The only way you "create your own luck" is by cheating. 

It wont last forever. Serious question... When was the last time Rovers won a football match against a team who finished the game with 11 men or didn't have a  penalty to help them..? 

15 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Or cheat to get players sent off. Dive outside the box into the box to con the referee and generally get every bit of luck that's been going for the past 2 seasons to scrape fortuitous promotions. 

The only way you "create your own luck" is by cheating. 

It wont last forever. Serious question... When was the last time Rovers won a football match against a team who finished the game with 11 men or didn't have a  penalty to help them..? 

Luck occurs when preparation meets opportunity.

• Like 1