IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 minute ago, Griffin said:

Gas heads on the Rovers forum saying how they think championship clubs want to sign Taylor & it'd take £2m+. If they wanted to sign Taylor they would've literally ONE month ago when he was FREE!!

On a one year contract isn't he? Meaning as soon as the window is open he's free to sign a pre-contract agreement elsewhere? That being the case can't see that it's more than £500k to sign in January. 

1 hour ago, Griffin said:

Gas heads on the Rovers forum saying how they think championship clubs want to sign Taylor & it'd take £2m+. If they wanted to sign Taylor they would've literally ONE month ago when he was FREE!!

He was more of punt in the summer even on a free as he hadn't scored above league 2 level, I suspect that a few people might have been waiting to see what he did in League 1

1 hour ago, 29AR said:

On a one year contract isn't he? Meaning as soon as the window is open he's free to sign a pre-contract agreement elsewhere? That being the case can't see that it's more than £500k to sign in January. 

That also might explain the one year contract, he may have got feedback along those lines when he was touting himself around the clubs before coming back to them.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

He was more of punt in the summer even on a free as he hadn't scored above league 2 level, I suspect that a few people might have been waiting to see what he did in League 1

Hardly going to cost a lot, for a team willing to spend £2m+ on a L1 player that's played 5 games. I can't imagine any team not taking that cheap 'risk' if they have that budget.

Edited by Griffin

1 hour ago, Griffin said:

Hardly going to cost a lot, for a team willing to spend £2m+ on a L1 player that's played 5 games. I can't imagine any team not taking that cheap 'risk' if they have that budget.

you forgot to add the ruleofgas, and figure they come up with you divide by 5 and get the actual figure, any figure they come up about us double it and its the truth

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bs3 said:

Worst supporters in the country, that is a fact because all the fans of other clubs I speak to really hate the gas and much prefer City.

Even when I lived in Swindon their lot would tell me that much as they loathe us they hated the sags much, much more....

Edited by Icelandic Clap

On 22/09/2016 at 13:17, Weezord said:

Abraham's bailing you guys out a lot. Being a one-man team is not always plain sailing.

Wish we weren't so reliant on our top scorer the past two seasons and so far this season.

Still, at least he's actually ours.

While I think it's good opposition fans are allowed to post on here I do think the line should be drawn at complete ****wits ! But hey I'll bite.

Abraham is on a season loan, as a striker. Now you may not quite grasp the nuances  of modern football, so I will attempt to enlighten you.

Strikers are employed to score goals , their role is to finish off move by putting the ball, into the net. If you are still with me , you may have had a moment of clarity and realised he is doing exactly what he is here to try and do. Admittedly  , he is probably doing rather better than expected but he is doing what he was brought in for . If you're going to mention late goals , the first minute counts just as much as the last and a goals count the same, for or against , you may feel aggrieved or elated but it's just part of the 90 minute game( it's not really added time more 'lost' time ).  

As for one man team , FFS , it's not like he does it all on his own. Clive Allen 1986-87 , scored nearly 50 goals for Spurs . Surely the epitome of a 'one man team'???  Except that team had Waddle , Hoddle , Ray Clemence , Steve Hodge and the list goes on. One man teams may exist at school level where you get one player and ten others , but not in pro sport. Stand out players maybe, stars even , but one man team nah, not even yours.

Oh and on that point, what will you do when your only player leaves in Jan ? Be interesting to see what happens with the few hundred thou' you get, re-invest in players for your relegation fight (if you slip that way) , or will it be used to take your owner closer to Billionaire status ? Just sayin' ;)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Oh and on that point, what will you do when your only player leaves in Jan ? Be interesting to see what happens with the few hundred thou' you get, re-invest in players for your relegation fight (if you slip that way) , or will it be used to take your owner closer to Billionaire status ? Just sayin' ;)

Good point.  I am sure it will be stuck in draw someplace.  Wally will come up with an excuse as to why "its the wrong transfer window to do business".  They will lap it up as financial prudence, and the sensible thing to do.  They will be mugged again and defend it.

Stevo

1 hour ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Also can they take several thousand to sheff wed in league one....

If I remember rightly I think they did, although it is the only time they've been there in 30 years....just like this trip to Brammell Lane. Games against genuinely big clubs at big grounds will always draw out larger numbers of travelling supporters for clubs like the Gas who rarely get the chance to go to these venues. We're the same when Newcastle find themselves in the Chanpionship.

Whilst both Sheffield teams are much bigger than us we have become used to playing at these grounds. Would the Gas take much more than 400 to Hillsborough early in the season on a Tuesday night if they'd played there 10 times in the last couple of decades?

Doubt it very much.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, bs3 said:

I see that's  rovers have only sold 56 tickets so far for their trip to Sheff Utd. Worst supporters in the country, that is a fact because all the fans of other clubs I speak to really hate the gas and much prefer City.

Outrageous comment, the Gas are the most beloved bunch of fans in the universe... Maybe they're misunderstood ;)