IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

37 minutes ago, adamski said:

Real sorry, but I just realised that I missed  Rovers Ruby Double Digit Thousand Average Attendance Anniversary. For it was the season of 1975-1976 when they last passed the 10,000 mark with a massive 10,022.......perhaps it was a misprint!!!

And they only reached that figure by selling out against us!!!!

6 hours ago, stephenkibby. said:

If memory serves me right we had one or two (quite a lot) that entered the ground at the end of the game.

Wasn't it a 26,000 crowd that day?

And didn't they hold us to a 0/0?

Correct, I think it was played over the Easter, 6000 of us in the pit called Muller Road end

20 minutes ago, Super said:

I see they go to Northampton tomorrow still remember 1998 when they met in the playoffs and after 3-1 first leg home win lots booked coaches for the final at Wembley! :facepalm:

Remember that well! Laughed for weeks! And I also recall they had a monstrous home crowd at the Mem of just over 9,000 for the first leg - couldn't even sell out for a play off game with promotion at stake!

Funnily enough, didn't Grimsby beat Northampton in the Final that year? "Print that b@stard Dopey".....

• Like 2

11 hours ago, stephenkibby. said:

If memory serves me right we had one or two (quite a lot) that entered the ground at the end of the game.

Wasn't it a 26,000 crowd that day?

And didn't they hold us to a 0/0?

Was it that many ? I thought the rest of the ground was "under subscribed". Our end was totally rammed and it was sweltering hot !

So has the Mem been sold ? Heard from the gaseous side of the family it had been, which seems odd as presumably the owners would have a timeline in which they would want to do something with it, and not want people squating on the site. If true then UWE surely must start at least on some level soon.... or is it just more wishful thinking ?  Also heard a few jokes about Telegraph corruption and we should keep our heads down, pointed out that it was his team who just had it's owner duck out, pocketing cash from a Arab businessman, in a undisclosed deal.

Edited by Fiale

20 minutes ago, Griffin said:

Lucky that the sags can't afford internet or he would've got 1000 times as many.

Rounding off the top six were Bristol Rovers' Matty Taylor (493), David ball of Fleetwood Town (380) and Millwall's Steve Morison.

Fleetwood, the town with 26,000 residents ?

1 minute ago, Fiale said:

Rounding off the top six were Bristol Rovers' Matty Taylor (493), David ball of Fleetwood Town (380) and Millwall's Steve Morison.

Fleetwood, the town with 26,000 residents ?

Fleetwood the town with 2.6m obviously! Haven't you checked your facts over at gaschat??

On 26 September 2016 at 00:09, Smaller than a flea said:

And this means what exactly? Some sort of implication that the new Jordanian owner of Bristol Rovers must mean there is some kind of spurious link with extremism?

Shame on you.

How's that feasibility study coming along?  Must be pouring over every fine detail, like  where will Santa's Grotto go.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Fiale said:

So has the Mem been sold ? Heard from the gaseous side of the family it had been, which seems odd as presumably the owners would have a timeline in which they would want to do something with it, and not want people squating on the site. If true then UWE surely must start at least on some level soon.... or is it just more wishful thinking ?  Also heard a few jokes about Telegraph corruption and we should keep our heads down, pointed out that it was his team who just had it's owner duck out, pocketing cash from a Arab businessman, in a undisclosed deal.

I thought the Mem (like The Gate), had one of those community asset things associated with it, meaning if they get an offer then interested groups have a period of time to raise the funds to match the price.

2 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Was it that many ? I thought the rest of the ground was "under subscribed". Our end was totally rammed and it was sweltering hot !

Both ends were rammed that day. Remember at end of game City fans invading pitch first then Rovers came on and chased them all the way up the Muller Road terracing.Mind you apart from one or two who left on stretchers. A certain Bob D was in his heyday that game.

4 hours ago, Super said:

I see they go to Northampton tomorrow still remember 1998 when they met in the playoffs and after 3-1 first leg home win lots booked coaches for the final at Wembley! :facepalm:

Still one of their funniest moments!

Well, that along with...

The end of season capitulation where they dropped from 1st to out of the play offs with a final day defeat at already relegated Cardiff.

Hitchin. 

Mansfield at home in their own kit =relegated out of football league. 

Several of their NON league results.

Chesham.

Bath City.

Numerous failed stadium projects. 

The list goes on and on. Feel free to add to it..! 

• Like 1