IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

13 hours ago, Malago said:

Exactly.  Even if we average 18-20 k per game and with the Kodja money we'll more than likely only just about break even.  There are no clubs in the championship which are sustainable without either getting promoted or the owner putting his hand in his pocket big time.

I am genuinely interested to see our financial figures over the next couple of seasons. I am interested in what savings come from the Bristol Sport umbrella covering the stadium costs, and the other revenue generated both on match days and the rest of the week. 

54 minutes ago, roylegalatyeo said:

Just noticed no game for the gash today!Are all their team on international duty,or is Gosling playing for the giants od Gibraltar again?

Couldn't get a full team out ? Forgot to book the pitch ? Forgot to book a Ref ? I ran little teams for a while and we've all done it.

• Like 9

26 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I am genuinely interested to see our financial figures over the next couple of seasons. I am interested in what savings come from the Bristol Sport umbrella covering the stadium costs, and the other revenue generated both on match days and the rest of the week. 

I think Bristol sport add 10 per cent to any dealings on behalf of Bcfc. That's how they make thier penny or two.

31 minutes ago, WayOutWest said:

I saw this and thought of this thread.  

Business idea no 1. Instead of r*****s fans standing under one tent. They could have their own individual one!

FB_IMG_1475936165543.jpg

They could charge a premium for them - do they come with any heating options ? 

53 minutes ago, WayOutWest said:

Business idea no 1. Instead of r*****s fans standing under one tent. They could have their own individual one!

FB_IMG_1475936165543.jpg

And I thought Rovers didn't have any decent corporate hospitality options..! 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Seriously? A 5% charge is the standard for these sort of transactions.

Had some business dealings with Bristol Sport on behalf of Bcfc early this year, sure it was mentioned that if orders were placed by Bristol Sport on behalthen a 10 per cent 

9 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Seriously? A 5% charge is the standard for these sort of transactions.

Had some business dealings with Bristol Sport on behalf of Bcfc early this year. Sure it was mentioned that if ordered by Bristol Sport on behalf of Bcfc they add 10 per cent. Interesting that Bristol Sports credit rating is OK, Bcfc on the other hand, pants.

15 minutes ago, BobbyC said:

Just seen this on the Bahdiff forum (Annis).......... Rovers is in the far nicer northern suburbs of Bristol too, the level of support in the city itself always seemed even to me. The red lot just draw support from areas south of Bristol to gain a few more. :facepalm:

Just had a look myself mate, utterly clueless bunch of dicks, laughable, I'll informed rubbish, exactly what you'd expect

3 hours ago, BobbyC said:

Just seen this on the Bahdiff forum (Annis).......... Rovers is in the far nicer northern suburbs of Bristol too, the level of support in the city itself always seemed even to me. The red lot just draw support from areas south of Bristol to gain a few more. :facepalm:

Crapdiff are as big a bunch of morons as the gash. They suffer from an inferiority complex that goes back to pre Roman days. Did you know that the Romans named that part of Britain as 'Wielsa' which is a derogatory term for a slave nation. The morons that inhabit that part of the world took it for their name hence 'Wales' was born. They will always be 'Wielsa' nothing more, nothing less.

As for the sags... don't get me started... :P

5 hours ago, Malbec said:

Crapdiff are as big a bunch of morons as the gash. They suffer from an inferiority complex that goes back to pre Roman days. Did you know that the Romans named that part of Britain as 'Wielsa' which is a derogatory term for a slave nation. The morons that inhabit that part of the world took it for their name hence 'Wales' was born. They will always be 'Wielsa' nothing more, nothing less.

Not sure about that, I thought the word Welsh derived from a Saxon term to describe anyone not Saxon?

17 hours ago, WayOutWest said:

FB_IMG_1475936165543.jpg

You could be on to something here.

Why individual tents? They could probably squeeze the whole extended family including the horse into one of those!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Malbec said:

All that sounds true until you realise that "Wales" is what we call it. Their name for their country is "Cymru".

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cynic said:

P'nawn da.

You forgot Garej for garage - despite the fact that there is no J in the Welsh alphabet.

On the subject of cars - how about teiars for tyres, or Tacsi for Taxi.

Gutteral, bastardised language that differs according to which region you are in.

My particular favourites are dim parkio and dim cyclio. No parking and no cycling are the translations. Its a very easy language. We could also add to our vocabulary. Dim crowdio could describe Saturdays in North Bristol, or maybe Wally will learn some Welsh and admit Dim cashio.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Welsh for "bus" is "bws"; "ambulance" is "ambiwlans"; "video" is "fideo"; "digital" is "digidol".  It's all made up! ;)

and  my favourite - snwcer which is snooker. 

Although they pronounce 'w' like the English 'oo' rather than like a 'uu', given it's name of 'double u' it kind of makes sense that it is used as a vowel.

Oh, and microwave is meicrodon, not popty ping.