IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

5 hours ago, Midred said:

Interesting comments on BBC  websiteafter last night's match  by Karl Robinson, (of all people!), saying that his team will have to start learning to cheat a bit more when playing teams like Rovers. Perhaps if they stopped cheating themselves they wouldn't give away 2 goals in the last 3 minutes. Seems like 3-3 was a fair result.

Having just watched the goals Taylor blatantly trips the guy marking him off the ball and so is left alone to score the second and looks to be well offside when he scores the third.

What with a staggering combination of regular opposition red cards and penalty awards they do seem to have a lot of "luck".

Perhaps that is why Wael doesn't spend any money on players?

2 minutes ago, Smaller than a flea said:

DC, taking Matty with him. Rumours. 

Wael will stop it happening, I'm sure.

Haven't swansea just appointed a manager? Or is dopey going to be a number 2?

Edited by Super

10 minutes ago, Smaller than a flea said:

This is banter on very thin ice here. You can criticise the fans, the stadium, the lack of wealth of the new owner, and the players, but slagging off the man who has totally transformed our club in two years is never going to work.

I hate to think where we might be if Nick Higgs hadn't turned to him in desperation and said "Well, all the other overpaid buggers have failed miserably, so it's on your shoulders now, lad."

He's joining Swansea soon, apparently.

What slagging off? Everything about the Salisbury City days is fact, try looking it up. They would probably have gone bust at the end of Dopey's last season but for the fortuitous windfall from Matt Tubbs's transfer.

They were always a fit side and threw the kitchen sink at opponents, especially at home, but came unstuck badly at times. Is that anything but fair comment, especially as I doubt you saw any of it?

21 hours ago, 8menhadadream said:

The dogs of Horfield will be in mourning when Dopey leaves. ;)

In fairness to the Blue Few they have already recognised Dopey as a modern day hero! I've managed to get the first picture of their planned memorial. A fitting tribute I'm sure you will agree...

hachiko_ueno_02.jpg

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, BS3City said:

In fairness to the Blue Few they have already recognised Dopey as a modern day hero! I've managed to get the first picture of their planned memorial. A fitting tribute I'm sure you will agree...

hachiko_ueno_02.jpg

They could never afford that, it would be worth more than the stadium!

• Like 3