IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

42 minutes ago, Judda said:

Does anyone else find it sad that there is such a massive thread - 'bristol rovers dustbin thread ' when they are pretty much just our irrelevant and not remotely noisy neighbours....?

Being new to this long running thread, if you find it sad....just ignore it.

I'm sure we'll manage without you.

:thumbsup:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Judda said:

Does anyone else find it sad that there is such a massive thread - 'bristol rovers dustbin thread ' when they are pretty much just our irrelevant and not remotely noisy neighbours....?

You're right about not being noisy...I lived in Horfield for several years and you couldn't tell when they were home, ******* silent every home game which was a bit of a surprise considering how much they've always blown their own trumpet about making an atmosphere. When I was a young kid in Bedminster you could always hear the crowd at the Gate.

As for the length of this thread, it's only this big due to the ammunition they've given us over the last few years, in particular the hilarious year in the '5th division'. Comedy gold, such a funny little football club. 

I'll miss them when they up sticks like a 'franchise' club and move out of Bristol again.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I'll miss them when they up sticks like a 'franchise' club and move out of Bristol again.

See , now that has the ring of truth about it. A  very similar situation  between  gAss and LA Rams. Rams moved to St Louis , and apparently are moving back. Where as the gAss moved to Bath , moved back and are now leaving again. NOW THAT IS A FRANCHISE CLUB !!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Murraysrightplum said:

credit where it's due. We are happy to give them abuse when they do stupid stuff but we shouldn't ignore it when they do well. Red cards or no red cards they just can't stop winning and if they keep it up will have the worst ground in the championship 

If they do I guess the Mem will get them lots of atTENTion !

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Murraysrightplum said:

credit where it's due. We are happy to give them abuse when they do stupid stuff but we shouldn't ignore it when they do well. Red cards or no red cards they just can't stop winning and if they keep it up will have the worst ground in the championship 

They won't just like no team does ever excluding Arsenal 03/04

32 minutes ago, Kim_il_sung said:

The chance of them getting a third successive promotion is virtually zero in my opinion, but imagine if they do it. They are going to be so completely out of their depth up here that it will be great entertainment.

Why is it virtually zero? What a ridiculous statement considering the form they are in 

10 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Why is it virtually zero? What a ridiculous statement considering the form they are in 

Thanks for that.

How many teams have ever won three successive promotions? The answer is zero. So theyve had a good start on the back of some momentum and a fair amount of good fortune. Do they have the ability, squad depth and resources to stay up there for 35 or so more games? Absolutely not is my opinion. Its not ridiculous. Your touchy and defensive post about our arch rivals is though.

Edited by Kim_il_sung
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Kim_il_sung said:

Thanks for that.

How many teams have ever won three successive promotions? The answer is zero. So theyve had a good start on the back of some momentum and a fair amount of good fortune. Do they have the ability, squad depth and resources to stay up there for 35 or so more games? Absolutely not is my opinion. Its not ridiculous. Your touchy and defensive post about our arch rivals is though.

Also considering the quality of teams currently above and the fact they lost to Bolton, Scunthorpe and Sheffield United. Still got plenty of decent L1 teams to come yet as well, they won't be saved by the ref & the linesmen nearly every game.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kim_il_sung said:

Thanks for that.

Not touchy at all. I can't stand the cretins and hope they implode very soon. It just looks desperate and petty when some fans on here try to mock their league form. By all means...mock them for believing they have pots of cash, mock them for believing that they will get a new ground. Mock them for thinking they are better supported then us. 

We proved a few years back under Johnson senior that with momentum and a bit of good fortune with injuries ...you can go a long way.

Letc hope your right and they implode soon. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Not touchy at all. I can't stand the cretins and hope they implode very soon. It just looks desperate and petty when some fans on here try to mock their league form. By all means...mock them for believing they have pots of cash, mock them for believing that they will get a new ground. Mock them for thinking they are better supported then us. 

We proved a few years back under Johnson senior that with momentum and a bit of good fortune with injuries ...you can go a long way.

Letc hope your right and they implode soon. 

In all fairness, they have won 5 in 7 but before they didnt win in 6 just before that and some were already questioning Clarke, I'm sure that they will implode soon enough and again they'll be calling for their 'hero' to be sacked

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Like us, some of their form/results are down to loan players who have come in from a higher placed club.

Be interesting to see if either club strengthen these key positions during the window.

After 2007-08 and bringing in NC and DA only, and then the overspend that followed when less attractive, I think it's safe to say the chequebook would be wide open if we were in such a position and found a player we wanted.

Their recent history in the transfer market, I'm not so sure.