IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, phantom said:

So this was the league table the last time that they were above us, we had beaten Peterborough 2-1 at home on Tuesday 24th October 2000 (Lee Peacock and a last minute Tony Thorpe winner) - (Rovers lost 2-1 at Colchester), the following game on Saturday 28th October 2000 two goals from Tony Thorpe saw us beat Wycombe 2-1 away - (Rovers lost 2-0 at home to Oldham), and they have been "Coming to get us" ever since. . . . 

Be sure to tell all those Rovers friends and family you know :clapping:

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

So, they haven't been above us since the Second Millennium?

So, according to the Post, 28th October 2000 is the date that City overtook Rovers in the league, winning 2-1 at Wycombe while Rovers lost 0-2 at home to Oldham. 

Just for the record, it us now 16 years, or 5844 days (including leap years) since Rovers have been above us in the football pyramid.

Just thought I would put that out there! 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Red Homer said:

So, according to the Post, 28th October 2000 is the date that City overtook Rovers in the league, winning 2-1 at Wycombe while Rovers lost 0-2 at home to Oldham. 

Just for the record, it us now 16 years, or 5844 days (including leap years) since Rovers have been above us in the football pyramid.

Just thought I would put that out there! 

I thought it was their average attendance

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Red Homer said:

28th October 2000 is the date that City overtook Rovers in the league, winning 2-1 at Wycombe while Rovers lost 0-2 at home to Oldham. 

To quote from that anthology "My favourite year" - A City away win was never complete unless it coincided with a Rovers home defeat.

24 minutes ago, Doozerchris said:

Thought Fleabag or wazzord would be on here by now.....funny that .

They are basking in the glory of their unparalleled success don't you know..?!

I wonder if anybody has mentioned to them that they are still only back in the same division that they were in, all those 16 long years ago..?

Unparalleled success of #gaslogic

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

They are basking in the glory of their unparalleled success don't you know..?!

I wonder if anybody has mentioned to them that they are still only back in the same division that they were in, all those 16 long years ago..?

Unparalleled success of #gaslogic

too busy wanking each other off at the prospect of a 10k crowd at the weekend

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

One of the biggest non-stories going even by the Post's standards, the terror threat has been at the same level for 18 months, surely the same security has been in place during that time, it sounds like it's the same we pass through at the Gate. 

As with most things emanating out of Horfield, they are, and always will be, stuck in a time warp......security checks, the ground, facilities, marketing, social intolerance, fashion sense, you name it

4 hours ago, Monkeh said:

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/bristol-rovers-fans-issued-with-terrorism-warning/story-29848592-detail/story.html 

I wonder if this is a threat against rovers or football grounds in the country, etherway I hope the game passes by safely with no incident and Peterborough stuff them

Aren't terror threats usually aimed at places with large gatherings of people..?

#tinpotterrorists

• Like 4