IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, cynic said:

TBF, I think Wally is like a kid in a sweetshop and wants to do the right thing for the Pikeys.

But his family are business driven and they will have an eye on the prospect of a big building plot which they got for peanuts.

Spot on....I'd have been seriously worried if we suddenly got a Jordanian Chelsea fan as a new owner who simply moved onto us because Gillingham weren't interested in his advances....

Couldn't believe the hysterical reaction of the sags when it was announced....they truly believed (for a while at least) that they were instantly on a par with clubs like Man City in terms of wealth and they truly believed they were top dogs in Bristol overnight.....how did that work out? New canopy over hospitality entrance vs new £50m stadium?!

I am so grateful that we are in the safe, safe hands of the Lansdown family, a Bristolian family determined to give something really tangible back to the South Bristol community. A proper legacy...

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Cod army !!!!!!!!!!! 

They laughed at our attendance vs Blackburn at home because of the '2 friends for a tenner each' offer.....well let's see how much their 'free tickets vs Fleetwood' offer bulges the crowd at the Mem.

Just for comparison purposes and in the interests of balance, we got 21,452 vs Blackburn, I'm on tenterhooks waiting to see their crowd figure released tonight. After all, they laughed at our 'pathetic' crowd that day, what with the cheap tickets offer and all, so I fully expect them to completely sell out tonight, no excuses for anything other than that....

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

They laughed at our attendance vs Blackburn at home because of the '2 friends for a tenner each' offer.....well let's see how much their 'free tickets vs Fleetwood' offer bulges the crowd at the Mem.

Just for comparison purposes and in the interests of balance, we got 21,452 vs Blackburn, I'm on tenterhooks waiting to see their crowd figure released tonight. After all, they laughed at our 'pathetic' crowd that day, what with the cheap tickets offer and all, so I fully expect them to completely sell out tonight, no excuses for anything other than that....

"Bristol Rovers' Crowd" has to be the greatest oxymoron of all time.

• Like 1