IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

21 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Which is all the more amazing, given we has only existed since 1982....

#gaslogic 

Using #gaslogic we have never lost to a non-league side, which actually made the statistic better in a way.

In the 34 years they limit our history to we have a net promotion of 2 divisions, 3 EFL Trophy wins and a league title, a league cup semi final, 2 EFL Trophy runners up medals, and been runners up in a division 3 times.

In the same amount of time Rovers have 1 league title, been runners up in the ELF trophy twice and been relegated in the semi-professional leagues. The also managed the honour of being the only league side ever to fail to qualify for the league cup.

Rovers do have a number of Gloucester Cup wins, but I ignored them as they are played against sides 4-5 plus leagues below them, and even those teams send out their reserves. In the interest of balance I ignored the Johnson Cup win and our defeat in the Blackthorn Cup (that friendly against Rangers about 3 years ago).

19 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Using #gaslogic we have never lost to a non-league side, which actually made the statistic better in a way.

In the 34 years they limit our history to we have a net promotion of 2 divisions, 3 EFL Trophy wins and a league title, a league cup semi final, 2 EFL Trophy runners up medals, and been runners up in a division 3 times.

In the same amount of time Rovers have 1 league title, been runners up in the ELF trophy twice and been relegated in the semi-professional leagues. The also managed the honour of being the only league side ever to fail to qualify for the league cup.

Rovers do have a number of Gloucester Cup wins, but I ignored them as they are played against sides 4-5 plus leagues below them, and even those teams send out their reserves. In the interest of balance I ignored the Johnson Cup win and our defeat in the Blackthorn Cup (that friendly against Rangers about 3 years ago).

And they've only had a home for a brief amount of time! Don't forget that.

Eastville, Bath and then the Mem. It's almost as if they DON'T want to be a Bristol club.

Imagine the shame their supporters would feel if their long term plan was to put them outside of Bristol like some sort of geographical franchise.

Course, that would never happen.They'd be protesting, wearing funny colour scarves, demanding action and insisting they are the number one club in the city... 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I still think Glyn jones was man of the match, if it wasn't for him it could have been 18 - 0!! 

I thought it was Martin Thomas in goal that day.

Can't remember the opponents but the pre-2015 sag incarnation got thumped 5-0 on MOTD prompting the "what's the time?" "Five past Kite" gag.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SalisburyRed said:

I thought it was Martin Thomas in goal that day.

Can't remember the opponents but the pre-2015 sag incarnation got thumped 5-0 on MOTD prompting the "what's the time?" "Five past Kite" gag.

I am sure the commentator keeps referring to Jones, but I wouldn't know one from another to be honest.

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

I am sure the commentator keeps referring to Jones, but I wouldn't know one from another to be honest.

Can't say I give a flying (any more than you do), sags lost 9-0 on the telly is all that really matters. By the workings of saglogic I guess it doesn't count as it was before 1982.........

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Malago said:

OMG the ref's only gone and sent off a player from the wrong side.  #boundtofacethewrathofdopey.

13 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

**** me ! Slags player sent off, ref's obviously got it wrong !

Mistaken identity ???

• Like 1

Disgraceful goings on at the new den. Doesn't the Ref know the rules..?

I bet this clown will even require Rovers' players to be fouled inside the box before he awards them a penalty! 

I hope he's brought his thick skin with him, because he's going to be in for a full barrage after this game! How dare he..?! 

• Like 2