IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

42 minutes ago, Clarky89 said:

The 1,000 doesn't just come from the away contingent behind the goal . . .

Oh dear, those nasty facts again. My Millwall supporting  mate just supplied some information.

Away supporters only get tickets for the (pictured) North End. Sold Out FC only had tickets for the upper tier and sold about a quarter of them.

He's pretty sure that the North End is not POTD.

If any away fans buy POTD tickets in other parts of the ground they are 'relocated' to the North End as long it's not full.

I showed him this thread and he laughed like a drain. He reckons 500 is generous and they were quiet as mice.

55 minutes ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

No it isn't. 5th in the league and they supposedly have one of the best away followings ever... 

Let's also not forget the train service between Gloucester and Brum is disrupted totally so that will affect our following a bit

Sorry, that's bordering on the cycle race or Christmas shopping excuses. 

39 minutes ago, SalisburyRed said:

Sorry, that's bordering on the cycle race or Christmas shopping excuses. 

Not at all, its genuine disruption for people wanting to travel to a game. If the same thing happened with the Gas lags for an away game, its pretty fair however the 'cycle race' or Christmas shopping is just poor, like someone posted Plymouth took a 1000 to Crewe... a 500+ mile round trip... 

26 minutes ago, Clarky89 said:

Each block has 20 rows of 25 seats, which is 500 . . . 

The picture was taken almost 15 minutes before kick off. 

They has about 1,000 there. So what?!  

The centre blocks hold 320 (16x20) the top tier of the stand is 2100, the lower tier is 1900. Millwall's published figures.

The two blocks were 75% full. So about 500.

By your logic, that stand would hold about 7500. It holds 4000. The whole ground only holds 21000.

Millwall's own fans put your "support" at sub-500. The picture tends to confirm that.

Millwall FC have not published away support according to my Millwall supporting friend (and his friends....), and rarely do.

SODOFF FC have not said how many tickets they sold have they, only retweeted some random figure (which is almost certainly POTD).

Still, important not to let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Plus, you capitulated to what my mate refers to as a "cr@p Millwall side".

18 minutes ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

Not at all, its genuine disruption for people wanting to travel to a game. If the same thing happened with the Gas lags for an away game, its pretty fair however the 'cycle race' or Christmas shopping is just poor, like someone posted Plymouth took a 1000 to Crewe... a 500+ mile round trip... 

But we are far better than them and the disruption is known about in advance so can be planned for by those who want to go.

Christmas is, of course, a huge surprise and in Sagsville they can only do internet shopping while a match is on.

I'm not going next week. We always lose when I go to Birmingham and I can't stand the place anyway.

52 minutes ago, Clarky89 said:

Each block has 20 rows of 25 seats, which is 500 . . . 

The picture was taken almost 15 minutes before kick off. 

They has about 1,000 there. So what?!  

All this attendance stuff does seem a bit petty.

We're better than them, surely that's all that matters?

3 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

We got Birmingham away next week. I've not heard anything on ticket sales for that. Hope we don't embarrass ourselves by taking a similar amount. Our away support has been poor this season 

I think we probably will only take around a thousand. Birmingham and Reading are similar distances and with over 1500 already sold for Reading the week after I think most of our fans with bills and mortgages are opting to go to that game instead of Birmingham, especially with Christmas coming up....probably swayed by the fact that the railway line is shut north of Cheltenham. 

We sold out our allocation for Brum last year.

I think our away support has been ok this year, over 1200 average and, as someone else has pointed out, that includeds midweek fixtures in Sheffield and Norwich as well as Rotherham and Barnsley. 

I've never heard any City fans claim that our away support is anything special....unlike the Gas who seem to think their away followings are something for the whole Football League to admire. They are the ones who build themselves up as something special, 1000 to London on a Saturday is not impressive for a club who claim to have huge support in one of Britains biggest cities. They didn't have to go by rail replacement buses either.

Nice to hear from Millwall fans that they were as quiet away from home as they are at the Mem. That's another one of their myths busted.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, SalisburyRed said:

The centre blocks hold 320 (16x20) the top tier of the stand is 2100, the lower tier is 1900. Millwall's published figures.

The two blocks were 75% full. So about 500.

By your logic, that stand would hold about 7500. It holds 4000. The whole ground only holds 21000.

Millwall's own fans put your "support" at sub-500. The picture tends to confirm that.

Millwall FC have not published away support according to my Millwall supporting friend (and his friends....), and rarely do.

SODOFF FC have not said how many tickets they sold have they, only retweeted some random figure (which is almost certainly POTD).

Still, important not to let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Plus, you capitulated to what my mate refers to as a "cr@p Millwall side".

I'm a City fan, thank-you. You can debate something with a fellow Red without having to call them Gas, you know that right? Chucking something in that is targeted to insult/anger someone you're talking to doesn't make you're argument any more correct. 

The bottom tier, appears to be 12 rows per block and the blocks on the end are a lot smaller in both tiers - which would make about 4,000, not the 7,500 you conjured up. 

Whether its 500 or 1,000 - still poor for a London, 3pm Kick-Off. I'm sure we can both agree on that. 

EDIT; Check the Milwall official Twitter feed - just so you can see how wrong your Milwall supporting mate is regarding publishing away attendance. Take that point he got wrong, multiply that by all his other claims then work out who's wrong and who's right. 

Edited by Clarky89

2 minutes ago, Clarky89 said:

I'm a City fan, thank-you. You can debate something with a fellow Red without having to call them Gas, you know that right? Chucking something in that is targeted to insult/anger someone you're talking to doesn't make you're argument any more correct. 

The bottom tier, appears to be 12 rows per block and the blocks on the end are a lot smaller in both tiers - which would make about 4,000, not the 7,500 you conjured up. 

Whether its 500 or 1,000 - still poor for a London, 3pm Kick-Off. I'm sure we can both agree on that. 

the away end at millwall holds 4000 rovers filled up 2 blocks, the max they took is 600, it was piss poor but it won't stop the ***** boasting about it and comparing it to our trip to Scunthorpe in 2003

5 hours ago, SalisburyRed said:

capitulated to what my mate refers to as a "cr@p Millwall side".

They certainly weren't anything special, and very lacking in confidence bar woeful Rovers defending. I assume that your mate is being self-depreciating and somewhat humorous when he says 'cr@p', but I was amazed at the number of Millwall fans who actually ridicule their own team and routinely abuse their own players even at 4-0 up. It makes the idea AG is full of moaners seem very misplaced. One Cockney must have referred to every one of his own team as a "C".

More seriously one player we might want to look at (and logic says probably are) is Mahlon Romeo, a young right back, he might be Mark Little MKII but gets forward well, makes the right decisions to give and go, wants to get crosses in, and in defence is persistent in chasing down and closing down the opposite number out on the flank. Someone in my local said West Ham are considering a £2m bid for him. Would be one for the future and a replacement for Matthews.

5 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Nice to hear from Millwall fans that they were as quiet away from home as they are at the Mem. That's another one of their myths busted.

• 15:00 "Goodnight Irene"
  • 15:01 "All hate Bristol City" (largely inaudible, Gas lot look miffed that Millwall haven't joined in)
  • 15:02 Millwall started singing their largely forgettable Miiiiiillll nonsense (plus the usual Wales / tractor things), didn't hear the Gas again

I get that it was a poor performance for them with little to cheer (I was at Colchester in the promotion season and know how flat an away end can go when you're being stuffed) but it said a lot that their second song was already about us, and that they had nothing after that. Even at 10 men their team played some decent stuff on the break through Boateng, but there wasn't any group in their away crowd trying to get anything going. Very quiet and definitely not special*.

*Well, not in that way.

Not wanting to bust any other myths, but the family club had teenager in glasses who spent the final 15 minutes on his feet gesticulating at the rowdy Millwall fans in the Dockers stand and bizarrely offering them outside (half heartedly accompanied by an overweight mate behind him, who didn't look quite as certain that was the right thing to be doing). He looked more like a kid (Millwall fans called him "Harry Potter") so to be honest I actually felt quite sorry for him.

Regarding this 1,000 away attendance, I didn't expect it to be such a source of debate, and I don't really care as either way it looked like a pretty poor following to me, but for the avoidance of doubt, Rovers did have late comers who then used a third block to the right of those in my picture, but that block was less than 50% as much full as the others, which I took into account when I estimated around 600 of them in total. I certainly did not ever see 1000 in that stand.

• Like 6

The red card decision winds me up the more I watch it.

As soon as the ball bounces, the Millwall player looks at Leadbitter and actually changes his run, and goes into Leadbitter. If anything, a foul the other way. Absolute shitfest of a decision. Call it clever, I call him a cheating ..........

How on earth he has arrived at that decision I will never know. It wound me up at the time as it was evidently a collison (I had one view, like the ref) but its wound me up even more now. Has to be overturned. But the damage is done. Clear dive, I know moaning like a bitch wont do anything but its proper frustrating.

now they know what's it's like with the boot on the other foot 

happy days

On 12/11/2016 at 19:56, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

We lost 5-0 to Blackpool, I'm sure. Last game of a season?

23 hours ago, BCFCFreeman said:

5-1 wasn't it? Tony Thorpe got the goal I think

23 hours ago, WR5 said:

Swansea 7-1 2005?

Ah yes. I was at both of those as well..!

1 hour ago, Tomarse said:

The Blackpool game was the final straw of my support for Wilson. He should have gone at the end of that season.  Seem to remember half the away end walked out at 4-0 and went back to the Manchester pub.. :whistle:

Yes, that was the only game I've ever chosen to leave early. Went back to the pub and missed Thorpe's consolation goal. 

Thankfully I didn't do that one afternoon at Mansfield...! 

13 minutes ago, gordie said:

as much as I don't care about him being sent off it was extremely harsh and if that had been a City player sent off for that I would have been fuming, as for that 4th goal that was comedy genius, keep it up. 

Totally agree, never a red card as long as I have a hole in my pipe.

******* funny though.

16 hours ago, Coombsy said:

The red card decision winds me up the more I watch it.

As soon as the ball bounces, the Millwall player looks at Leadbitter and actually changes his run, and goes into Leadbitter. If anything, a foul the other way. Absolute shitfest of a decision. Call it clever, I call him a cheating ..........

How on earth he has arrived at that decision I will never know. It wound me up at the time as it was evidently a collison (I had one view, like the ref) but its wound me up even more now. Has to be overturned. But the damage is done. Clear dive, I know moaning like a bitch wont do anything but its proper frustrating.

now they know what's it's like with the boot on the other foot 

happy days

Terrible decision for the sending off.  Terrible defending for all four goals.  WTF has happened to Millwall's kit?  I thought they played in blue?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gordie said:

as much as I don't care about him being sent off it was extremely harsh and if that had been a City player sent off for that I would have been fuming, as for that 4th goal that was comedy genius, keep it up. 

1 hour ago, glynriley said:

Totally agree, never a red card as long as I have a hole in my pipe.

******* funny though.

I believe it's called "karma"