IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 hours ago, Red Thai said:

Ashton Gate stands are usually sparse at that time as well.

That's because we're all in the bars having the last few drops of our cider,where as they were hiding in the bogs,too scared to come out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

That's what they used to wear when I first saw them in the mid 60's .

Yep me too. November 1966 -the first time that as a young 'un, I came across Millwall in the old East End.

To be fair, there was a good number of them. They tended to do a lot more singing than fighting and were therefore less of a menace in those days.

35 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Yep me too. November 1966 -the first time that as a young 'un, I came across Millwall in the old East End.

To be fair, there was a good number of them. They tended to do a lot more singing than fighting and were therefore less of a menace in those days.

My first "full season" watching City and first time I noticed "paddy wagons" about the place. Millwall had a bit of a rep, even then!

Edited by slartibartfast

24 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

My first "full season" watching City and first time I noticed "paddy wagons" about the place. Millwall had a bit of a rep, even then!

I believe their ground was subject to closures even back in the 1930's. In a book I read about the formation of the London Underground, they reproduced reports of trouble the first time a line linked the East and West End of London, I think it's fair to say they have always had a rep!

8 hours ago, Tomarse said:

The Blackpool game was the final straw of my support for Wilson. He should have gone at the end of that season.  Seem to remember half the away end walked out at 4-0 and went back to the Manchester pub.. :whistle:

I was one of them.  First and only time I have left the ground at half time

7 hours ago, gordie said:

as much as I don't care about him being sent off it was extremely harsh and if that had been a City player sent off for that I would have been fuming, as for that 4th goal that was comedy genius, keep it up. 

7 hours ago, glynriley said:

Totally agree, never a red card as long as I have a hole in my pipe.

******* funny though.

6 hours ago, cityloyal473 said:

Terrible decision for the sending off.  Terrible defending for all four goals.  WTF has happened to Millwall's kit?  I thought they played in blue?

3 hours ago, 8menhadadream said:

Yep, totally agree. Never a red but as it's the rovers, I think it was a superb decision! ;) 

Pretty sure he wasn't sent off for the foul.

The referee very clearly gets a yellow out, I think he was going to be booked but was sent off for something then said to the ref.

• Like 1

There's a clown on Gas Chat saying they didn't have poppies on their shirts versus Millwall because it 'probably cost too much' (he/she estimated it would be £50 a shirt to produce a new poppy kit) - the proverbial penny seems to have well and truly dropped, cos I thought they had a zillionnaire owner for whom £50 per shirt would be small change, have I missed something?!

50 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

There's a clown on Gas Chat saying they didn't have poppies on their shirts versus Millwall because it 'probably cost too much' (he/she estimated it would be £50 a shirt to produce a new poppy kit) - the proverbial penny seems to have well and truly dropped, cos I thought they had a zillionnaire owner for whom £50 per shirt would be small change, have I missed something?!

Surely £900 isn't too much for their zillionaire?!

5 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

The impression given at the q&a was clearly inaccurate, the silence at the moment is eerily similar to the higgs era. Something obviously isn't right, it's getting a bit concerning now.

i think the penny droped

5 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

The impression given at the q&a was clearly inaccurate, the silence at the moment is eerily similar to the higgs era. Something obviously isn't right, it's getting a bit concerning now.

i think the penny droped

Not claiming to be genuinely ITK or anything because this comes from chatting to Wael at half time on Saturday and nothing else. No idea if he's telling the truth or not, but he was complaining about how UWE were asking for residential prices for the site of a sporting venue. Basically the issue seems to be that they think they can get a massive windfall although we're the only interested party. Said both sides know it'll get done at some point but they're dragging it out by not being realistic with their asking price.

• Like 1

• Admin
15 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Pretty sure he wasn't sent off for the foul.

The referee very clearly gets a yellow out, I think he was going to be booked but was sent off for something then said to the ref.

Good spot - but looking at the pictures the lad that got sent off was never anywhere near the ref and neither are acting like anything was said - more likely his mind was changed by the Millwall players in the refs ear !

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Good spot - but looking at the pictures the lad that got sent off was never anywhere near the ref and neither are acting like anything was said - more likely his mind was changed by the Millwall players in the refs ear !

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

wonder what was said in the official ref's report

14 hours ago, Coombsy said:

Not claiming to be genuinely ITK or anything because this comes from chatting to Wael at half time on Saturday and nothing else. No idea if he's telling the truth or not, but he was complaining about how UWE were asking for residential prices for the site of a sporting venue. Basically the issue seems to be that they think they can get a massive windfall although we're the only interested party. Said both sides know it'll get done at some point but they're dragging it out by not being realistic with their asking price.

To be fair to UWE, why wouldn't they ask for market value for a premium piece of land? None of us would flog our houses cheaply, unless it was to family. Another case of rovers  stealing / wanting things on the cheap again maybe?

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, 8menhadadream said:

To be fair to UWE, why wouldn't they ask for market value for a premium piece of land? None of us would flog our houses cheaply, unless it was to family. Another case of rovers  stealing / wanting things on the cheap again maybe?

I thought the diggers were on site in September and they were just waiting for a feasibility study that should take 2 weeks (2 months ago),

I'm surprised they still lap up the bullshit their club feeds them

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, pongo88 said:
5 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

If you think it's pure rubbish, which you're entitled to, why did you bother to read 322 pages?

If you think it's pure rubbish, which you're entitled to, why did you bother to read 322 pages?

What does he know,he thinks gas is a great name.

24 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Surely he'd have to read it to realise it was rubbish, if he said it was rubbish without reading it he may as well be gAss :fear:  :gasmask: