IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

14 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Just means he`s worth a bit less really -probably about £250k rather than 300 now. You`re right though, he`s out the door come the new year - probably to some footballing giant like Rochdale or Chesterfield.

Bottem half Championship side will likely take a tilt-worth a gamble if the price was right.doubt it to be us though.

4 hours ago, Super said:

Like Brighton off the pitch? :facepalm:

Training grounds and academies share the same professionalism to be fair...

They may have splashed out on the laminator to protect DC's monthly copy of horse and hound of course.

IMG_0240.JPG

IMG_0242.JPG

IMG_0243.JPG

IMG_0244.JPG

Edited by RumRed
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Now DC is begging Wael for funds.....http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38207761

This is how it all ends in tears.  It's obvious daddy wally has not intention of allowing his gullible boy to waste the family's fortune on the pikeys.  Dopey will either walk or make such a Brad Pitt of himself he'll be pushed.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Malago said:

This is how it all ends in tears.  It's obvious daddy wally has not intention of allowing his gullible boy to waste the family's fortune on the pikeys.  Dopey will either walk or make such a Brad Pitt of himself he'll be pushed.

Resigned to losing their penalty taker, he can see things are about to get worse rather than better.

The noises he is making are those of a man who is positioning himself for a new job, allowing Wally to appoint his own man from the Jordanian league.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Resigned to losing their penalty taker, he can see things are about to get worse rather than better.

The noises he is making are those of a man who is positioning himself for a new job, allowing Wally to appoint his own man from the Jordanian league.

Lennie Lawrence of Arabia ?

• Like 18

Let's face it, unless they have the best scouting network this side of Nagasaki then they have to be looking at spending well over 1 million to buy the number and quality of players in a January transfer window capable of lifting their club into the top end of the playoffs.

I can't see that happening. 

Edited by Midlands Robin

3 hours ago 
Post Options

Post by Topper Gas on 3 hours ago

Christ, as Wael started reading the NH book of sayings "we keep on trying til we succeed no matter how many times we are knocked back" that doesn't sound at all positive to me, it sounds like we're nowhere near getting the deal we need/want? Possibly the UWE have left us with their best offer and it's not acceptable? 

TBH until the new stadium issue is resolved I couldn't careless about the training ground, as having a new one isn't going to resolve the fact we can't play Championship football at the Mem.

45 minutes ago, Malago said:

He`s not daft. It`s the season of the sack with the transfer window a few weeks off and there will be some quite attractive jobs coming up I`m sure. His stock is still relatively high. It`s only going to get lower from here on in so he should get a lot better offers now than if he leaves it until they`re really back in the ****.

19 minutes ago, Coombsy said:
3 hours ago 
Post Options

Post by Topper Gas on 3 hours ago

Christ, as Wael started reading the NH book of sayings "we keep on trying til we succeed no matter how many times we are knocked back" that doesn't sound at all positive to me, it sounds like we're nowhere near getting the deal we need/want? Possibly the UWE have left us with their best offer and it's not acceptable? 

TBH until the new stadium issue is resolved I couldn't careless about the training ground, as having a new one isn't going to resolve the fact we can't play Championship football at the Mem.

B-b-b-but I thought the new sprinklers and gazebos were to make the minimal "championship ready"

Clarke has played a blinder with his post match comments. He knows the cash ain't there as he didn't get any in the summer. He states their budget is 17th in the league yet their turnover must be top 10 at least. 

I think he's already been told not to expect any substantial funds in January and by stating he needs new players now publicly he's thrown the ball well and truly in wallys court.

14 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

Clarke has played a blinder with his post match comments. He knows the cash ain't there as he didn't get any in the summer. He states their budget is 17th in the league yet their turnover must be top 10 at least. 

I think he's already been told not to expect any substantial funds in January and by stating he needs new players now publicly he's thrown the ball well and truly in wallys court.

You may be right and I suspect  the UWE, the MV's, South Gloucestershire Council and many others within what might be termed Bristol's elite know the score as well.

Old Nicholas with his Bentley and big talk was, I believe, fair game for a bit of fun because he was so thick skinned and right till the very end most Rovers fans were convinced he knew what he was doing. In a way of course he did because his priority by that time was to extricate himself with as minimal loss of his own cash as possible.

Wael on the other hand is not so easy to satirize because he comes across as such a kind and gentle man who is undoubtedly passionate about football. I thought the TV programme from Jordan exposed some unusual aspects relating to the background to the takeover and I have heard Wael's style of his communication with fans (highlighted recently on the Rovers forum) is odd to say the least. He doesn't appear to be a strong character or dynamic businessman and I wonder if anyone ever asked what he has actually achieved during his long career at the AJIB ? Why, if he is such a key executive there, does he have so much time to float around the  world of football ?

My erstwhile mate "Oldgas" on the Rovers forum is understandably getting upset with the team's recent form but, just as in Nicholas's time, he and his compatriots are choosing to deliberately turn a blind eye to the club's lack of leadership. The manager is pleading for understanding, and hinting strongly that the 17th highest budget in league one is not what he was promised, but where are the Chairman and President ?  

What will happen when South Gloucestershire give the go ahead for the training ground but the money cannot be found ?

If ever there was a case for fan ownership I think Rovers are it because, despite some slight exaggeration at times, we really do have the numbers to make it viable. 

Plus of course we (Rovers I mean) own the Memorial Stadium and surely no one who is a genuine and passionate football fan would ever consider taking that away from us ?  

1 hour ago, Sergio Georgini said:

I may be wrong but the Wheely Barrow 1-5ers have probably lost to more non league sides in 2 years than we have in about 70 odd years. Maybe even longer.. 

Over 105 years ago(!), City lost to three non league teams in a ten year period. Rovers on the other hand.........

1 hour ago, bert tann said:

You may be right and I suspect  the UWE, the MV's, South Gloucestershire Council and many others within what might be termed Bristol's elite know the score as well.

Old Nicholas with his Bentley and big talk was, I believe, fair game for a bit of fun because he was so thick skinned and right till the very end most Rovers fans were convinced he knew what he was doing. In a way of course he did because his priority by that time was to extricate himself with as minimal loss of his own cash as possible.

Wael on the other hand is not so easy to satirize because he comes across as such a kind and gentle man who is undoubtedly passionate about football. I thought the TV programme from Jordan exposed some unusual aspects relating to the background to the takeover and I have heard Wael's style of his communication with fans (highlighted recently on the Rovers forum) is odd to say the least. He doesn't appear to be a strong character or dynamic businessman and I wonder if anyone ever asked what he has actually achieved during his long career at the AJIB ? Why, if he is such a key executive there, does he have so much time to float around the  world of football ?

My erstwhile mate "Oldgas" on the Rovers forum is understandably getting upset with the team's recent form but, just as in Nicholas's time, he and his compatriots are choosing to deliberately turn a blind eye to the club's lack of leadership. The manager is pleading for understanding, and hinting strongly that the 17th highest budget in league one is not what he was promised, but where are the Chairman and President ?  

What will happen when South Gloucestershire give the go ahead for the training ground but the money cannot be found ?

If ever there was a case for fan ownership I think Rovers are it because, despite some slight exaggeration at times, we really do have the numbers to make it viable. 

Plus of course we (Rovers I mean) own the Memorial Stadium and surely no one who is a genuine and passionate football fan would ever consider taking that away from us ?  

Of course not Bert. Who on earth would dream up such a scheme to rob the club of their spiritual home. A home which they have resided at for over a hundred years? What despicable group of people could do such a thing?

I thought the major shareholder (Wael) owned it. If only he'd give it to the fans, as some have been asking, for more than a few years.

Edited by Rich
addition
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 22A said:

Over 105 years ago(!), City lost to three non league teams in a ten year period. Rovers on the other hand.........

My understanding was that City have never lost to a non league side in an official competitive first team game. The Gas on the other hand must be close to double figures now (not including defeats when they were non league themselves).

1 hour ago, bert tann said:

I'm out of the loop on the UWE project now. Can I ask one thing, as you seem to be clued up...why is there suddenly all this talk about Rovers and UWE being in disagreement over the purchase price for the land for the stadium? The agreement that was put in place was that the land would be gifted to Rovers by UWE in exchange for advertising rights over the lifetime of the stadium. What has happened that has changed this OR is it just a bullshit stalling excuse/supporter rumour?

As you've said previously (I think) Wally has already been around London town, cap in hand, asking for finance for the UWE project - and failed - which suggests he doesn't have the authority to spend Daddy's money, nor that he's a very good businessman!

You're right about the fan ownership idea. When you look at AFC Wimbledon and Exeter and what they achieve as fan owned clubs, Rovers could easily sustain themselves at L1 level and it would be hugely more rewarding to support the club then trying to get behind the jokers you consistently end up with in charge.