IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

6 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Did I hear right on Radio Dribble that the blue few only have until August to start building at UWE or the planning permission runs out?

I thought they had started building the car park to prevent this. Anyway, UWE cannot sell the land, Wael won't build a stadium on leased land.... not sure how much time / discussion either party really needs, as neither of those two key elements will change. Unless Wael changes his stance nothing will happen.

Edited by Fiale

9 hours ago, Pheasant plucker said:

Agree things are very, very disappointing, and incredibly frustrating at the moment.

Do I really need to defend SL too?

Until LJ is fired, he's the manager (ok, head coach) of the team and  club I support. 

"Agent LJ"? A little respect is due maybe, no matter what your feelings of how badly things are going on the pitch.

I still think it was a disgraceful comment; but of course you are entitled to your opinion too.

Ahh, I think I need to clear up that it's not me personally calling the manager "Agent LJ" it's some Sags using the "Agent" tag that we applied to John Ward, David Clarkson and John Akinde.

The point of the post was pointing out that the longer this situation continues the funnier our blue neighbours are finding it, and anyone outside of Bristol looking in are thinking our situation is footballing suicide.

No offence intended on my part.

On 20/01/2017 at 10:25, Kid in the Riot said:

Sounds like you're desperate to get them off the wage bill. Sounds like cost cutting.

Getting a few off the wage bill certainly won't do any harm. It also lets players know exactly where they stand, so they can be pro-active about finding another club now, rather that in July when hundreds of others players are looking for a new club.

1 hour ago, In the Net said:

Getting a few off the wage bill certainly won't do any harm. It also lets players know exactly where they stand, so they can be pro-active about finding another club now, rather that in July when hundreds of others players are looking for a new club.

will you stop posting sense and use gas logic? 

• Like 1

On 20/01/2017 at 18:07, Porto Red said:

Sure it's been covered before, but why do gasheads use the acronym for F*** The Gas? Is that what passes for irony using gas logic? 

It said 'F*** the Gas' at the end of that post on their forum, Sir Colin obviously edited it when posting it on here....mischevious little tinker!

Edit: apologies Sir Colin, this forum automatically changes U P The Gas to FTG! Cos I wrote 'U P the Gas' above and it changed it! 

Edited by BS4 on Tour...

15 minutes ago, cynic said:

I assume they have cancelled their contracts by mutual consent and given them a pay off ?

Or have they got 7 days to find a club before the window shuts and, if they don't, will they just pick up their salary whilst having no game time ?

I don't think any contracts have been cancelled, but if they find a club after the window closes the contract can then be cancelled so they are free to sign elsewhere. 

1 minute ago, In the Net said:

I don't think any contracts have been cancelled, but if they find a club after the window closes the contract can then be cancelled so they are free to sign elsewhere. 

I don't think it works like that. I asked a similar question about player contracts and the only way they can find a new club outside of a transfer window is if they were out of contract during the window. If the are still under contract when the window shuts they will have to wait until summer.

1 hour ago, In the Net said:

How big is the squad exactly? It can be beneficial to get rid of some of the dead wood but didn't realise rovers could let so many go. Potential offers for Taylor and Bodin in this window?

On a sidenote cant believe how bad your away form is at the moment. My gas mates are refusing to go away now but hardly surprising, at least they can enjoy home comforts eh.

2 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

How big is the squad exactly? It can be beneficial to get rid of some of the dead wood but didn't realise rovers could let so many go. Potential offers for Taylor and Bodin in this window?

On a sidenote cant believe how bad your away form is at the moment. My gas mates are refusing to go away now but hardly surprising, at least they can enjoy home comforts eh.

They're probably sick of getting locked out with the other 40,000 away fans

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Midlands Robin said:

I don't think it works like that. I asked a similar question about player contracts and the only way they can find a new club outside of a transfer window is if they were out of contract during the window. If the are still under contract when the window shuts they will have to wait until summer.

Thanks for clarifying that. Seems I was being stereotypical Gas and talking b*llocks! :punish:

Edited by In the Net
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, In the Net said:

Thanks for clarifying that. Seems I was being stereotypical Gas and talking b*llocks! :punish:

It's fine, we don't expect gas visitors here to be anything other than uneducated, incorrect, shite talking morons. 

Hell, we don't even expect anything more from most of our own "fans" on here...! 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It sa fd 'F*** the Gas' at the end of that post on their forum, Sir Colin obviously edited it when posting it on here....mischevious little tinker!

Edit: apologies Sir Colin, this forum automatically changes U P The Gas to FTG! Cos I wrote 'U P the Gas' above and it changed it! 

Gotta love this forum. A labour-saving device, IF you will!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Is our run of form being maintained  just to tease the blue few ? 

How they dream about going on a losing run like ours in the Championship ! 

Yes. It's all just been a bit of a wind up to get them all excited. 

It's boring now though, so we'll bother playing for that last 20 mins of games again from now on. 

16 minutes ago, cynic said:

Off down the pub in an hour, hopefully the gobby gashead is resident tonight - better class of baiting....

On the agenda tonight - UWE (on course for completion in 2018 according to him), january transfers (evolution not revolution), and Wally (still a billionaire apparently).

The evening should fly by ....:laughcont:

46 minutes ago, cynic said:

Off down the pub in an hour, hopefully the gobby gashead is resident tonight - better class of baiting....

On the agenda tonight - UWE (on course for completion in 2018 according to him), january transfers (evolution not revolution), and Wally (still a billionaire apparently).

Is it true that in Gas friendly pubs, when they call time, most customers are invited to a lock in, except the lonely blue fewer who gets a lock out.

On 1/8/2017 at 19:27, Kim_il_sung said:

You sure about that?

http://uk.soccerway.com/matches/2014/01/18/england/league-one/bristol-city-fc/milton-keynes-dons-fc/1484885/

3 years ago this month. Before the rebuild. In the league 1 relegation zone following 3 years of utterly abmyssal football under O Driscoll, McInnes and Millen. 11,500 fans still turning up.

This is one of a billion examples I could drag up to ridicule your claim that your crowds can compete with ours. Check your facts before posting.

Strange thing is both clubs on averaging there highest gates for many years,rovers 9,000+ and our 19,000+ which is good news for both clubs.

Would it be closer if rovers get the uwe? possibly but its a big gap for them to close ie 10,000 fans,

historically i wonder when the last time rovers averaged more than city over a season? i think it must have happened in the 1950"s?