IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

27 minutes ago, Fiale said:
Dwane Sports Group, owners of Bristol Rovers FC, today have completed their acquisition of a 29 acre training ground site in Almondsbury which will be known as ‘THE COLONY’.  

Dwane Sports Group will develop the site to accommodate the Club’s Academy and, to and to satisfy the training requirements of the full time professional players, as well as providing medical treatment and gymnasium facilities.

In addition, it is hoped to establish Gas Girls football teams under the banner of Bristol Rovers and they, too, will benefit from the facilities available.

It is proposed that Academy 2 status will be obtained, enabling the Club to develop and prosper a new generation of young aspiring professional players.

Chairman of the Dwane Sports Group, Hani Al Qadi said: "This is an exciting new development that, again, illustrates our ambition to build constructively for the long term future of the Club and its supporters."

Steve Hamer, Chairman of Bristol Rovers believes that the new training ground is one of the most significant acquisitions in the Club's history.

Meanwhile Rovers’ manager Darrell Clarke recognises the real ambition driving the Club forward and can't wait to work with the entire Club's playing staff all at one centre and said; “I am delighted Bristol Rovers now have their own training ground. I have spoken, many times, about getting the right infrastructure in place and this is a very important part of our plans for the future.”

President Wael Al Qadi is delighted that this fulfils one of his goals in providing the heart and soul and long term future of the football Club.

Lepers.

It's a good move - if Rovers are ever sold then Dwayne sports still own the training ground and facilities so Weal and family can collect rent and fees from Rovers. Either Rovers dismantle their youth/training set up, buy somewhere else and put in  new facilitites that will take time and money, or just bend over and be at the mercy of Dwayne Sports.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Fiale said:
Dwane Sports Group, owners of Bristol Rovers FC, today have completed their acquisition of a 29 acre training ground site in Almondsbury which will be known as ‘THE COLONY’.  

Dwane Sports Group will develop the site to accommodate the Club’s Academy and, to and to satisfy the training requirements of the full time professional players, as well as providing medical treatment and gymnasium facilities.

In addition, it is hoped to establish Gas Girls football teams under the banner of Bristol Rovers and they, too, will benefit from the facilities available.

It is proposed that Academy 2 status will be obtained, enabling the Club to develop and prosper a new generation of young aspiring professional players.

Chairman of the Dwane Sports Group, Hani Al Qadi said: "This is an exciting new development that, again, illustrates our ambition to build constructively for the long term future of the Club and its supporters."

Steve Hamer, Chairman of Bristol Rovers believes that the new training ground is one of the most significant acquisitions in the Club's history.

Meanwhile Rovers’ manager Darrell Clarke recognises the real ambition driving the Club forward and can't wait to work with the entire Club's playing staff all at one centre and said; “I am delighted Bristol Rovers now have their own training ground. I have spoken, many times, about getting the right infrastructure in place and this is a very important part of our plans for the future.”

President Wael Al Qadi is delighted that this fulfils one of his goals in providing the heart and soul and long term future of the football Club.

Ooh, we can mug them off AGAIN in a couple years time then !

1 hour ago, RumRed said:

Before getting smug,  how are our fantastic stadium, training facilities, shiny new changing room, and our multi million pound players doing?

Currently where we usually are, div 2/3.

Correct and where are Rovers ? - where they usually are in division 3 without any of the above and with about a third of our home support.

Don't get me wrong, we are underachieving but this is a pisstake thread and the title is the give away. I probably share 90& of the same views as you, but honestly, you shouldn't really post on here if you don't want to join in pisstaking.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Loon plage said:

Correct and where are Rovers ? - where they usually are in division 3 without any of the above and with about a third of our home support.

Don't get me wrong, we are underachieving but this is a pisstake thread and the title is the give away. I probably share 90& of the same views as you, but honestly, you shouldn't really post on here if you don't want to join in pisstaking.

My posting history shows plenty of pisstaking, just getting a bit too close for comfort now!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RumRed said:

My posting history shows plenty of pisstaking, just getting a bit too close for comfort now!

You know though that if we said absolutely nothing about them and maintained the moral highground they would be even noisier about how we are shitting ourselves, coming for you blah blah ! Whilst we share the same environment and probably education, the vitriol on their forum and how they approach non gasheads on asschat is a world away from us.

I suspect relations between the two clubs at executive level have rarely been lower hence the "welcome to Bristol" advert being sanctioned and Wally's stupid tweet and babbyassing to the EFL about us. I don't feel any need therefore to let up on them even though in terms of league status there isn't much between us at the moment.

I have so many old school gas chaps as mates and I would back them to the hilt and vice versa, but we share two things - a respect of each other and a fervent desire for the other's team to crash and burn. That's how it is and Bristol really isn't any different to any other city with two teams.

From asschat

'The Colony' reflects that it is on the site of Colony Farm, which probably took it's name from the now long gone 'Hortham Idiot Colony' which was nearby.

and
That colony farm was called because it served the hortham colony hospital for what was then called a mental hospital, not PC now I know but I can see the Ted's having yet another field day at our expense.

Well predicted!

Whilst I agree that it may not be a PC name for it's former use, the Hortham idiot colony is certainly a fitting name for the new residents 

• Like 6

• Admin
1 minute ago, Cider_boy said:

From asschat

'The Colony' reflects that it is on the site of Colony Farm, which probably took it's name from the now long gone 'Hortham Idiot Colony' which was nearby.

and
That colony farm was called because it served the hortham colony hospital for what was then called a mental hospital, not PC now I know but I can see the Ted's having yet another field day at our expense.

Well predicted!

Whilst I agree that it may not be a PC name for it's former use, the Hortham idiot colony is certainly a fitting name for the new residents 

The gift just keeps giving.....

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Couldn't they come up with a more chavvy sounding name for a holding company......  every time I hear Dwane it transports me back to watching Red Dwarf...  an out of this world farce,  much in common with the sags

Is Wally a hologram billionaire, like Rimmer.....in that he does not really exist?

15 minutes ago, Cider_boy said:

From asschat

and

Well predicted!

Hortham... Horfield...

Somewhere to pitch their caravans though whilst Wally is raising funds for some cones.

1 minute ago, Malago said:

Do they really believe that an owner who hasn't spent a bean on transfers in the year he's owned the club is suddenly going to spring for £1.5 million per year to run a level 2 academy, not to mention the costs (2-3million) of building it in the first place?

Begging bowl to South Glos council no doubt with an offer to "share" the facility with the community because after all they are a community club.

1 hour ago, Malago said:

Do they really believe that an owner who hasn't spent a bean on transfers in the year he's owned the club is suddenly going to spring for £1.5 million per year to run a level 2 academy, not to mention the costs (2-3million) of building it in the first place?

Well as his company is registered in Jersey, giving him the same tax benefits about which the Blue Few lambast Mr Lansdown, he could probably pay for the front gates to be re-painted...

19 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:
col·o·ny
ˈkälənē/
noun
noun: colony; plural noun: colonies
  1. a group of people of one nationality or ethnic group living in a foreign city or country.
    "the Bristol Rovers (2015) Ltd colony of footballers have now been exiled to Almondsbury"
    synonyms: community, commune;

Priceless.