IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

8 hours ago, Matty Taylor [BCFC] said:

Genuine question, why do you presume they have funding for it? Given the huge lack of funding since they've bought the club.

I guess it will be funded by the Dwane Sports Group in whichever way they acquire finance.

They maintain finance (again however it has been sourced) has never been a problem for UWE, just getting the deal done.

Perhaps some of the funds from the sale of The Mem will go into the training facilities.

For noe the aim is to get the minimum set out so the youths can play there and the the first team to train. They are visiting Fleetwoods training centre, so I guess future development s will require further PP anyway first

9 hours ago, weeble said:

The site already has planning permission for sports pitches, floodlighting, changing facilities, car parking etc. Presumably the Al Qadis have a method for funding it, as sitting in the green belt it probably has little chance of being sold for housing.

Thanks for that Phil & Kirsty

8 hours ago, Fiale said:

Looks like cystic Acne - he could clear most of that up in 6-10 months, but I have seen videos of him going a while back so I guess he's not getting treatment for it for some reason.

he may be like me as a wee little laddie.

(three characters in this play).

mum: David we are going to the doctors about your acne.

reddoh: ok (see how powerful I was back then)

doctor: I can get rid of that no problem here take this cream and apply to affected areas

reddoh: thank you(polite in those days)

then after going to the chemists and getting aforementioned cream and applying, the acne disapeared, problem my face had swollen to twice its size(alergic reaction) after 4 days my face was back to normal

result. had acne until it was time for it to normaly dissapear.

some days I do wish I had teenage spots again but not many.

29 minutes ago, reddoh said:

he may be like me as a wee little laddie.

(three characters in this play).

mum: David we are going to the doctors about your acne.

reddoh: ok (see how powerful I was back then)

doctor: I can get rid of that no problem here take this cream and apply to affected areas

reddoh: thank you(polite in those days)

then after going to the chemists and getting aforementioned cream and applying, the acne disapeared, problem my face had swollen to twice its size(alergic reaction) after 4 days my face was back to normal

result. had acne until it was time for it to normaly dissapear.

some days I do wish I had teenage spots again but not many.

Did he not offer something else, or did it just put you off after that,  guess it would be pretty scary that young becoming a bobble head over night.

11 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Did he not offer something else, or did it just put you off after that,  guess it would be pretty scary that young becoming a bobble head over night.

I was so scared I counted my fingers , scarily I came up with six, fearing I was a gashead, I was so relieved to find out I was just a w anker.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hello said:

well they bought 29 acres (anyone know what the value of that might be) with theirs or someone else's money

Buying 29 acres of wasteland on a site that no other self respecting company would want to be associated with (let alone naming the new venture after it..!) which has no scope for property development, probably cost around the same as we have paid you for your top goal scorer. i.e: Peanuts. 

The cost of building, developing & maintaining a Cat 2 academy runs into millions each year. Do you really think that Dwayne & co are good for that level of grass roots investment..?

Edited by Bar BS3

6 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Buying 29 acres of wasteland on a site that no other self respecting company would want to be associated with (let alone naming the new venture after it..!) which has no scope for property development, probably cost around the same as we have paid you for your top goal scorer. i.e: Peanuts. 

The cost of building, developing & maintaining a Cat 2 academy runs into millions each year. Do you really think that Dwayne & co are good for that level of grass roots investment..?

I won't be surprised if the Academy has a more international vibe to it, with Jordanian players being given a chance.

Murky funding from overseas is possible.

4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

29 acres for that purpose will be relatively inexpensive because the development upon it will be deemed to be complimentary to the planning use. However, the cost of developing the site is interesting, and maintaining even more so.

I believe that true to form, Rovers are lobbying South Glos Council to "join" them in a "partnership" - for the good of the "wider community" - you know the one, "we got a patch of dirt so meet us half way and fund the development plus the annual cost and you can let Thornbury Falcon's train on it at 9pm on a Tuesday".

The clincher in the case is "South Gloucestershire is staunchly behind the famous Bristol Rovers no doubt...

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I don't know, do you? are you sat in on the Al-Qadi family meetings?

We will only find out in the longer term how serious and what money goes into the bigger picture projects

9 minutes ago, Hello said:

We will only find out in the longer term how serious and what money goes into the bigger picture projects

I can tell you how much, about the amount you recieve from any transfers out of the club, minus fictitious court cases legal frees when you go crying to anyone that listens because the bigger boys are triggering contract clauses your club put in, or that you got relegated because other clubs had the audacity to beat you at a game of football 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Hello said:

I doubt they can afford the table to have a meeting around. 

Not permenently anyway. I'm sure they can stretch to half hour in a Regus office suite, with WiFi included. 

Alas, no, I've not been invited to the meeting, which is silly on their part. I got 3 numbers on last weeks lotto and could have been very useful to them. 

• Like 2

Its about time the rovers started producing youth players. A new trainig set up should surely help.

Skuse, Bryan, Reid, Golbourne, Hill, Carey, Coles, Doherty, Lita? and not to mention all the youngsters that have left for the top prem clubs over the last several years. 

Is lines and ellington the only one with Championship experience in recent years?

Dont know where the myth from rovers fans comes from that they have a better youth set up.

Edited by Kodjias Wrist