IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, cityloyal473 said:

Agreed.  I loathe the guy, but there is no denying what he's achieved has been superb. 

I reckon he'll stick with Rovers though, if he does get an offer from Norwich.  

I would guess a lot would depend on what the Billionaire told him, new ground, more funds etc. Norwich are a good club with ambitions and money to spend, would be a big decision to turn it down.

Oh I should say ..... if offered 

Edited by 1960maaan

3 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

I would guess a lot would depend on what the Billionaire told him, new ground, more funds etc. Norwich are a good club with ambitions and money to spend, would be a big decision to turn it down.

Oh I should say ..... if offered 

He`d be off like a shot. He saw through Wally and his pipedreams months ago as was proved by his interviews during the January window. They`re only as high as they are because of Taylor and he knows next season will probably be a car crash. His stock is pretty high at the moment but will only go down IMO.

1 hour ago, Wanderingred said:

Agree that Rovers have probably hit a glass ceiling now. Top half league 1 is just about their limit. If Norwich want dopey theyll get him.

Don't count your chickens. They've got a relatively easy run in. Could easily attain another 20 odd points and get promoted via the play offs. 

Can we buy some more of their players to stop this happening? 

• Like 1

I dont think we will make the play offs but we have a decent outside chance. We dont have to play anyone above us and we have 3 of the bottom 5 in our next 3 games. 

Either we will win these easily and keep up the momentum, or the likes of Coventry and Chesterfield will make it difficult and we will drop points that will put us out of the running

2 minutes ago, Hello said:

I dont think we will make the play offs but we have a decent outside chance. We dont have to play anyone above us and we have 3 of the bottom 5 in our next 3 games. 

Either we will win these easily and keep up the momentum, or the likes of Coventry and Chesterfield will make it difficult and we will drop points that will put us out of the running

Millwall at home - last game of the season! 

12 minutes ago, Hello said:

Millwall are above you.

20 minutes ago, Hello said:

Cheers for the info..:sub:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Redstoke said:

Millwall are above you.

They won't be by the time we play them.... ;)

Joking aside, we won't go up and it looks like you may just survive. Disagree about the comments that DC has taken us as far as he can, he's the man to keep taking the club forward and he has a very bright future as a manager. 

Edited by Seventeen

3 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

Joking aside, we won't go up and it looks like you may just survive. Disagree about the comments that DC has taken us as far as he can, he's the man to keep taking the club forward and he has a very bright future as a manager. 

If we have a Bristol Derby in the Championship next season then all things considered I won't complain (much). You lot have annoying knack of rallying to reach the playoffs against the odds (07 springs to mind!)

7 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

If the guy has any ambition at all and a team like Norwich come Calling he should be off like a shot, he wouldn't want make the same mistake as Karl Robinson whose stock has dropped dramatically after staying with MK for too long

7 hours ago, Seventeen said:

Begrudgingly, I find myself agreeing with you.  He's done wonders there and I get the feeling he really believes he can take them places.  All depends on how much Wally supports him.

7 hours ago, Seventeen said:

I'd have the dog fondler any time, in preference to Lansdown's sock puppet.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, harrys said:

If the guy has any ambition at all and a team like Norwich come Calling he should be off like a shot, he wouldn't want make the same mistake as Karl Robinson whose stock has dropped dramatically after staying with MK for too long

I think the difference currently though is Robinson and MK had the stadium and facilities and they had opportunities to go up and have never taken them. I guess they stagnated and a change was needed

currently we are playing at a not fit for purpose stadium and IF real progress is annonced on this in the summer before the start of next season DC MIGHT decide to stay and hope to continue the upward trend we are in at the moment as their is still room to improve

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Hello said:

I think the difference currently though is Robinson and MK had the stadium and facilities and they had opportunities to go up and have never taken them. I guess they stagnated and a change was needed

currently we are playing at a not fit for purpose stadium and IF real progress is annonced on this in the summer before the start of next season DC MIGHT decide to stay and hope to continue the upward trend we are in at the moment as their is still room to improve

True enough in regards to a new stadium but surely any manager with ambition would not turn Norwich down new stadium or not

9 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

Any club who fully looks at the circumstances surrounding that when it comes to hiring DC will understand that he wasn't responsible for us going down.

You're right, he wasn't responsible for taking you down....

....Colin Daniel was!! :dancing6::yahoo::clapping:

• Like 5

19 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

He`d be off like a shot. He saw through Wally and his pipedreams months ago as was proved by his interviews during the January window. They`re only as high as they are because of Taylor and he knows next season will probably be a car crash. His stock is pretty high at the moment but will only go down IMO.

That is complete bollox! 

You keep telling yourself that and living a pipe dream that we will always be in your shadow, when we are now a far better run club then you are.

Wally as you call him has made no random predictions that we will be in the premiership within X amount of time or, like your manager saying you could be playing in European football within 5 years.Or saying he will spend millions on £9million strikers...Unlike your owner he just gets on with his job without making himself look like damm tool..! 

"The Wally" has done more to the infrastructure of our club in his first year then pantysdown did for your club within his first decade, regardless of money the latter spent!  The Ashton gate rebuild has only happened in the last year and is his only legacy.

As for Taylor being the reason where we are hahahaha... He was important to us,but was far from being the reason why we are where we are! 

Nine unbeaten since he has left and scoring goals after DC making adjustments.Still very much in the hunt for the playoffs with planning for next season well underway.

3 minutes ago, icegas said:

That is complete bollox! 

You keep telling yourself that and living a pipe dream that we will always be in your shadow, when we are now a far better run club then you are.

Wally as you call him has made no random predictions that we will be in the premiership within X amount of time or, like your manager saying you could be playing in European football within 5 years.Or saying he will spend millions on £9million strikers...Unlike your owner he just gets on with his job without making himself look like damm tool..! 

"The Wally" has done more to the infrastructure of our club in his first year then pantysdown did for your club within his first decade, regardless of money the latter spent!  The Ashton gate rebuild has only happened in the last year and is his only legacy.

As for Taylor being the reason where we are hahahaha... He was important to us,but was far from being the reason why we are where we are! 

Nine unbeaten since he has left and scoring goals after DC making adjustments.Still very much in the hunt for the playoffs with planning for next season well underway.

Shut up u soppy**** . Go and have you're roast dinner 

6 minutes ago, icegas said:

That is complete bollox! 

What's he done?  Got some more plastic chairs from Homebase? 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, icegas said:

That is complete bollox! 

Bless. What's your self proclaimed billionaire done for you? How much money has he spent? What's he genuinely done apart from making himself look stupid with the whole Taylor saga, as like your whole club did.

As for managers saying stupid stuff, your moronic manager said Taylor would only be leaving for £10m+ :laugh::laugh: 

You might be 9 unbeaten, how much of the games have you won? If only you didn't sell your best player for peanuts :cool:

Edited by Sergio Georgini

21 minutes ago, icegas said:

That is complete bollox! 

So if you didn't have Taylor and his 60 something goals you'd still be in the position you're in.....