IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 hours ago, roylegalatyeo said:

The only news on UWE is that a £55,million business school and law school on site.No mention of a ragbag stadium.

Hope it's on the same parcel of land

thats already well on its way to being finished  -  http://www1.uwe.ac.uk/about/ourstory/campusdevelopments/businessandlawbuilding.aspx  opens anytime now

5 hours ago, Barrs Court Red said:

They may well be an announcement in the next week or so :fear: 

To coincide with their failure to get in the play offs..? 

Thats not like them, to gloss over negative things with announcements about a new ground. 

7 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Thats not like them, to gloss over negative things with announcements about a new ground. 

Apparently quite the kerfuffle yesterday, with the Chairmans office and its surrounds sealed off as the negotiations got the critical stage. 

Something with substance will soon be announced, but as ever, the devil will be in the detail.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Apparently quite the kerfuffle yesterday, with the Chairmans office and its surrounds sealed off as the negotiations got the critical stage. 

Something with substance will soon be announced, but as ever, the devil will be in the detail.

I'm assuming they've found a way around the 'you cannot buy the land' issue then? That land was 'gifted' by Hewlett Packard IIRC but couldn't be sold. Is that right?

40 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I'm assuming they've found a way around the 'you cannot buy the land' issue then? That land was 'gifted' by Hewlett Packard IIRC but couldn't be sold. Is that right?

I don't know. Maybe they've decided not press on without land ownership, maybe they've acquired the land in principle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gazred said:

I guess there is nothing stopping a Jordanian bank lending the UWE the money to build a stadium then paying them a token rent amount until the debt is paid off to use it.

Dunno.

You need a Jordanian bank that's got enough money to pay for a new stadium to be built, first..! 

On 4/4/2017 at 16:03, Bar BS3 said:

Not sure that they would need to "gloss over" failure to get into the play-offs.  I don't think that back in August anybody would have put money on us even being in with a sniff of a chance of the play-offs at this stage of the season.

As for the stadium, I'll believe it when I'm sitting in it (or, preferably standing) - far too many false dawns in the past.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, In the Net said:

Not sure that they would need to "gloss over" failure to get into the play-offs.  I don't think that back in August anybody would have put money on us even being in with a sniff of a chance of the play-offs at this stage of the season.

As for the stadium, I'll believe it when I'm sitting in it (or, preferably standing) - far too many false dawns in the past.

Really..? All I heard was talk that you were coming for us. 

I don't think that was with any expectation of us having the disaster of a season that we are having and being the ones, who are in fact, sadly, coming for you!

• Like 4

I was in Tinto Lounge on Gloucester Road this morning having a very nice breakfast, when in walked the police. I quickly hid under the table but, luckily, they didn't see me. They were there to warn the staff about Rovers last home match against Millwall which has a 12.00 k.o. The advice was simple - stay closed. It looks as though the family club is turning Gloucester Road into a no-go zone 

1 minute ago, pongo88 said:

I was in Tinto Lounge on Gloucester Road this morning having a very nice breakfast, when in walked the police. I quickly hid under the table but, luckily, they didn't see me. They were there to warn the staff about Rovers last home match against Millwall which has a 12.00 k.o. The advice was simple - stay closed. It looks as though the family club is turning Gloucester Road into a no-go zone 

Of course, no drinking establishments in the Ashton Gate area have ever been advised by the Police to close when Millwall have been coming to town with a promotion place at stake?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Haha. That will be North Street next year - unless of course Millwall get promoted.

On 06/04/2017 at 11:08, In the Net said:

Of course, no drinking establishments in the Ashton Gate area have ever been advised by the Police to close when Millwall have been coming to town with a promotion place at stake?

The ones I frequent usually wait until we're inside. Been locked in the Riser and the Coopers if memory serves !

• Like 1

On ‎06‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 11:08, In the Net said:

Yes, but it's serious for me. I live just off the Gloucester Road :o

• Like 1

On 3 April 2017 at 16:27, Vincent Vega said:

Hence why they struggle to attract investors. I personally believe they will do up the tented village.

I'm just beginning to feel slightly uncomfortable along with others I guess - particularly with the statement of accounts and the debt. I thought we were effectively debt free after the takeover. There would have been a 'due diligence' undertaken prior to the takeover so all these things that are crawling out of the woodwork re The Stafium are coming as a bit of a surprise unless the 'goalposts' have been significantly moved. For the life of me I cannot understand what the 'log jam' is in these negotiations. If we believe Hamer - the total funding is in place - the leasehold issue doesn't appear to be a problem anymore - the value of the land appears to have been agreed - what are the issues? I could understand it if there were planning/design issues these can take an age but these have also been sorted apparently !! The latest statement - "we hope to have it agreed by August" - why that specific timescale - a two year build programme for the start of 2019/2020.? IMO this is really literally a Sh$t or bust situation - all eggs in one basket I'm afraid - if this doesn't happen we are in deep clag. Keep the faith - maybe - but it's being stretched. No UWE still in debt

LUCKY WE GOT THE LANSDOWNS

42 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

I'm just beginning to feel slightly uncomfortable along with others I guess - particularly with the statement of accounts and the debt. I thought we were effectively debt free after the takeover. There would have been a 'due diligence' undertaken prior to the takeover so all these things that are crawling out of the woodwork re The Stafium are coming as a bit of a surprise unless the 'goalposts' have been significantly moved. For the life of me I cannot understand what the 'log jam' is in these negotiations. If we believe Hamer - the total funding is in place - the leasehold issue doesn't appear to be a problem anymore - the value of the land appears to have been agreed - what are the issues? I could understand it if there were planning/design issues these can take an age but these have also been sorted apparently !! The latest statement - "we hope to have it agreed by August" - why that specific timescale - a two year build programme for the start of 2019/2020.? IMO this is really literally a Sh$t or bust situation - all eggs in one basket I'm afraid - if this doesn't happen we are in deep clag. Keep the faith - maybe - but it's being stretched. No UWE still in debt

LUCKY WE GOT THE LANSDOWNS

Yeah , extremely LUCKY.