IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

Interesting he showed match action for this game, but didn't when he was at Ashton Gate? I thought all league football was copy write?  

He had a video copywrited by the Football League at a Championship game, hence when ever he visits a Championship ground he never shows any match action.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

Interesting he showed match action for this game, but didn't when he was at Ashton Gate? I thought all league football was copy write?  

"Roll out the barrel, we’ll have a barrel of fun. Roll out the barrel, we’ve got the Blues on the run."

Really think S82 should be booming this one out at every game! How many years is it now, gAssholes?

PS. Great to see Wally Al Khazi on that video - what a top job that man is doing! 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Slippin cider said:

i thought it was a mini documentary about really crap grounds and that they'd won a 'really crap ground' competition! ...:yawn:

Yes wasn't it lovely to see the Portaloo toilets, the pasty huts, the south "stand" or do I mean tent, the ridiculous Centenary Stand (Centenary of the Rugby Club, mind - the ground's rightful owners), that vagrant who runs around in midfield for them always raises a laugh, a Bodin finishing on the losing side... I could go on...

I popped out to watch 2nd half of Spurs - Arsenal in the pub which had rather too many gAssholes in it for my liking (long story). There was a bit when, with Spurs 2-0 up, the coverage cut to Spurs supporters holding up a "Mind the Gap" banner - cue an embarrassed silence in the pub whilst silently, inside, I laughed my ass off  

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 6

20 minutes ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

Now the season is effectively over ............

............ have they got any other 1/2 tidy players we can sign on the cheap?

£300,000 was about right for Taylor.

tfj

Like his old man, Bodin has a good left foot.

Is he quick enough - of thought and movement - for life in the Championship?

You watch Taylor and think he ain't quick enough of either but look at the results in the last few weeks!

PS. No, no, no - let's not sign any more gAssholes. Whisper it quietly but the reason for the Blue Few's recovery is down to dopey Darrell Clarke, a Coach far better at getting 100% out of the resources available to him than someone else I could mention...  

Edited by Merrick's Marvels

Just now, Merrick's Marvels said:

Like his old man, Bodin has a good left foot.

Is he quick enough - of thought and movement - for life in the Championship?

You watched Taylor and think - nope - but look at the results in the last few weeks.

Its a big step up into this league but he does seem to have something about him according to my ill informed gas mates.

I can see them finishing similarly next season. The teams coming down will be there or thereabouts and the three promoted into the league now are big teams at league one level. 

1 hour ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Love it - a fat gass'ole actually filmed himself running away, and then put it on the internet.

Is there no end to the meme vanity of today's yoof!?

Pretty sure he wouldn't say "**** off Millwall" to their faces either.

1 hour ago, kmpowell said:

I may be wrong, but I don't think Adam is 'Gas'.

59 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Fair enough, but he celebrates a little bit too much for my liking when they score.

Nope he ain't Gas. Watch the video of Adam in the S82 for the Hudds game. 

I watched a really old vid where someone asked him City or Rovers and he says clearly that he uses to have a ST at AG but played in Rovers academy. So a neutral really. He's also Chelsea as his old man is from that way.

Just now, Septic Peg said:

I watched a really old vid where someone asked him City or Rovers and he says clearly that he uses to have a ST at AG but played in Rovers academy. So a neutral really. He's also Chelsea as his old man is from that way.

Fair enough.

Still not sure about filming yourself running away and then putting it on the internet though.

As I said - is there no end to the meme vanity of today's yoof!?

25 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

I'm on that video, shocked to see how big my chin really is! Like a young Jimmy Hill!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Fair enough.

Still not sure about filming yourself running away and then putting it on the internet though.

As I said - is there no end to the meme vanity of today's yoof!?

He isn't a hooligan, so why would he stand and take a pasting from some inbred knuckle draggers?  His videos highlight the match day experience, including running from retards, if that is part of the experience.

Any sane human wouldn't want a punch in the face or a stamp on the head just for watching a football match would they?

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, TRL said:

He isn't a hooligan, so why would he stand and take a pasting from some inbred knuckle draggers?  His videos highlight the match day experience, including running from retards, if that is part of the experience.

Any sane human wouldn't want a punch in the face or a stamp on the head just for watching a football match would they?

Why put it on the internet?

Mememememememememe.

16 hours ago, lenred said:

Jesus. What an absolute embarrassment they are, still dining out on that shite from years ago.  Desperate they are. Desparate and bitter!! 

I absolutely love that their "prowdest" moment of the last 20 years is something that Hull did.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, lenred said:

Jesus. What an absolute embarrassment they are, still dining out on that shite from years ago.  Desperate they are. Desparate and bitter!! 

Got to admit it, i find it embarassing myself. At the time yeah of course we celebrated, but they way some of them treat his 'God' like status is sad.

It was supposed to be a Tote End Boys night and thats the best thing they can come up with

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Hello said:

Got to admit it, i find it embarassing myself. At the time yeah of course we celebrated, but they way some of them treat his 'God' like status is sad.

It was supposed to be a Tote End Boys night and thats the best thing they can come up with

Agreed.

We haven't had Colin Daniel down to do one of those poshie breakfasts have we or a senior reds night...

They go on and on about Windass like a cage full of two bob budgies.

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

I absolutely love that their "prowdest" moment of the last 20 years is something that Hull did.

Must be difficult for the gAssholes mind.

Their own big hero from the last 20 years now plays for us....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Agreed.

We haven't had Colin Daniel down to do one of those poshie breakfasts have we or a senior reds night...

They go on and on about Windass like a cage full of two bob budgies.

Two bob budgies! Quality, never heard that before but sure as hell will be using it whenever the opportunity presents itself!

Respect Peg.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Reigate Red said:

Never heard that before - love it.

Just now, Red Right Hand said:

Two bob budgies! Quality, never heard that before but sure as hell will be using it whenever the opportunity presents itself!

Respect Peg.

Seriously? I thought it was a very common Bristolian colloquialism.

Showing my age a bit too... very broadly used by those of the older generation. I'm 31 but my brain is in its 70s.

• Like 2