IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Just now, Red Army 75 said:

Bringing back some great memories. I'm laughing this morning. Keep it coming lads and lasses

I've not laughed so much in ages, and I lived through the Thatcher Years, had 2 divorces.....

• Like 2

Do they still publish their fanzine '2nd of May' or was that cancelled?

Its better than fiction, at times with that lot.  If I wrote it as a noval critics would be saying things like "nice idea, but too far fetched" and "ridiculous!".  "Where the xxxx did you get headbutting a mini bus from?" and "signing the player that sent you down?".  

No wonder they hate us but it's not our fault we have neighbours of such ineptitude.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

Do they still publish their fanzine '2nd of May' or was that cancelled?

Its better than fiction, at times with that lot.  If I wrote it as a noval critics would be saying things like "nice idea, but too far fetched" and "ridiculous!".  "Where the xxxx did you get headbutting a mini bus from?" and "signing the player that sent you down?".  

No wonder they hate us but it's not our fault we have neighbours of such ineptitude.

No it folded after this, think they were a bit embarrassed!590993f050345_2ndMay.thumb.JPG.1875d78239b18b221a6379bbca2c0b22.JPG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

So they celebrate a bloke who scored a goal who stopped us getting in the PREMIERSHIP. And we celebrate a bloke who scored the goal that sent them into the CONFERENCE. Wearing a rovers shirt. :rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br:. Gaslogic right

All they have is straws to clutch. They celebrate 2nd May when it was also the date that Wycombe sent them to the basement division for the first time in their history, after always telling us that they had never been in the 4th, then suddenly they didn't even have that to throw at us anymore. Let them carry on celebrating Wycombe Wanderers day and we'll keep on celebrating Sir Colin in a Rovers shirt day! All they have left is 82 which is ludicrous considering we have done more since 1982 than they have done in their entire history, Dean Windass - Oh that was the day they all shit themselves until the game was over, and Rickie Lambert's goal that helped them become runners up in a competition that we have won more times than anyone else and appeared in more finals than anyone else.....They are that much of a joke! Hilarious 

• Like 2

Update from someone at the AGM ...

"I was there last night and all the same questions were asked and all the same answers were given. Both parties working hard to conclude a deal etc...... WAQ was there last night handing out £50 notes and Rolex watches and was his usual good humored self but Steve Hamer did most of the talking. SH did say he spoke to Joe Lumley after Sundays game and the JL said he has enjoyed his time here and would like to return to Rovers next season if something can be worked out with Absolutely Fabulous. One thing I found interesting was that we are still receiving payments for Scott Sinclair which in 2017 will total £50,000 (Bristol Rovers money) or £4.99 in real money. How or who is making these payments I'm not sure, I'm assuming it's the local benefits office. Training ground planning application going in, in the next 5-6 weeks and then it will take 12-16 weeks to get through the South Glos planning process by the time they have finished laughing. Mem pitch to get a new £80,000 drainage system installed over the close season to get the pitch ready for the Championship next season. Not much else to report really."

http://gasheads.proboards.com/thread/9818/rovers-agm-tonight?page=3

1 hour ago, pride of the west said:

Apparently the mem pitch is getting a championship ready drainage system next season. Mind the gap

... at a cost of £80,000 prompting one of them to write "80k in the footballing world isnt really a lot of money. Dont think the Al Qadis would miss it."

Oh yes they would. It would be £80K more than they've spent to date.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

So they celebrate a bloke who scored a goal who stopped us getting in the PREMIERSHIP. And we celebrate a bloke who scored the goal that sent them into the CONFERENCE. Wearing a rovers shirt. :rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br:. Gaslogic right

To be fair, If City had got to the Premier League it would've had disastrous consequences for the Gas. They probably would've had to regularly play in front of sub 10k home crowds and they might even have ended up suffering the ultimate humiliation of dropping out of the entire league...

....oh wait

umm

3 hours ago, Sergio Georgini said:

In honour of Sir Daniels day I am going to keep with tradition and blame everyone else for shortcomings today. 

I was late for work this morning because I overslept. I told my boss that the reason I couldn't get to sleep until the early hours was because my bastard neighbours had a house party....5 years ago.

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

To be fair, If City had got to the Premier League it would've had disastrous consequences for the Gas. They probably would've had to regularly play in front of sub 10k home crowds and they might even have ended up suffering the ultimate humiliation of dropping out of the entire league...

....oh wait

umm

I was late for work this morning because I overslept. I told my boss that the reason I couldn't get to sleep until the early hours was because my bastard neighbours had a house party....5 years ago.

Don't you mean nearly 17 years ago..? 6,030 days ago, to be exact.