IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

32 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

I'm pretty sure it's defunct unless someone else picked up the baton. I actually know the woman who used to run that fanzine in person - she's a very pleasant person incidentally and always got on well with her despite the rivalry.

However, she got fed up with the endless shenanigans at Rovers behind the scenes and no longer goes to watch them. She now follows AFC Wimbledon instead I believe.

From one amateur club to another

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

I've been reliably informed by a gashead the new stadium will be built! 

Why does he think this I hear you say!?

They purchased a new scoreboard..... 

:facepalm:

Did Millwall break the old one when they scored their fourth goal last weekend? Not sure BRFC's old scoreboard was used to coping with such big numbers.

1 hour ago, WessexPest said:

I'm pretty sure it's defunct unless someone else picked up the baton. I actually know the woman who used to run that fanzine in person - she's a very pleasant person incidentally and always got on well with her despite the rivalry.

However, she got fed up with the endless shenanigans at Rovers behind the scenes and no longer goes to watch them. She now follows AFC Wimbledon instead I believe.

She does. I was known for penning the odd article meself actually!

I think the fanzine just died a natural death as did many others after their heyday in the early 90s.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

She does. I was known for penning the odd article meself actually!

I think the fanzine just died a natural death as did many others after their heyday in the early 90s.

Do you mean after they had to change the name of yours, because of it being a relegation date..? 

• Like 1

Colin Daniel has been fined by magistrates for polluting the countryside. Waste dumped in a lane by a contractor paid by Daniel, was found to have items that were deemed dangerous to the environment. The waste, which included cardboard boxes, bin liners full of plaster, a delivery box addressed to Daniel and an old football shirt, was fly-tipped on Old Newark Road in Mansfield. Magistrates ordered Daniel to take the majority of the waste to a proper refuse site at his own expense and, imposed a fine of £850, a victim surcharge of £170 and costs totalling £521, after the council were forced to dispose of the shirt at the Sellafield nuclear recycling plant.

Read more at: http://www.chad.co.uk/news/former-mansfield-town-footballer-colin-daniel-fined-for-waste-offence-1-7059382

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rich said:

Colin Daniel has been fined by magistrates for polluting the countryside. Waste dumped in a lane by a contractor paid by Daniel, was found to have items that were deemed dangerous to the environment. The waste, which included cardboard boxes, bin liners full of plaster, a delivery box addressed to Daniel and an old football shirt, was fly-tipped on Old Newark Road in Mansfield. Magistrates ordered Daniel to take the majority of the waste to a proper refuse site at his own expense and, imposed a fine of £850, a victim surcharge of £170 and costs totalling £521, after the council were forced to dispose of the shirt at the Sellafield nuclear recycling plant.

Read more at: http://www.chad.co.uk/news/former-mansfield-town-footballer-colin-daniel-fined-for-waste-offence-1-7059382

The shirt must of been the gas one he relegated them in :rofl2br:

• Like 2

Sainsbury's have reported profits are down by 8%.

Is this due to the challenging market place, the value of the pound falling or a change in shopping habits...

No! It's because 'Gashead Dave*" has decided not to buy something from them. Bless them. How many stores in Bristol have closed since they made their reversal? Would that be none?

Stopped buying fuel? Yeah. That'll kill them. Not buying a loss leader....

*with apologies to anyone called Dave.

I'm sure all of the boycotters have checked their company pensions to ensure that their lifetime investment doesn't include shares in the same.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Sainsbury's have reported profits are down by 8%.

Is this due to the challenging market place, the value of the pound falling or a change in shopping habits...

No! It's because 'Gashead Dave*" has decided not to buy something from them. Bless them. How many stores in Bristol have closed since they made their reversal? Would that be none?

Stopped buying fuel? Yeah. That'll kill them. Not buying a loss leader....

*with apologies to anyone called Dave.

I'm sure all of the boycotters have checked their company pensions to ensure that their lifetime investment doesn't include shares in the same.

Surely it's Gashead Cletus?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rich said:

Did the Gas sue him for sending them down?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nick Wilde said:

20k posts will happen the other won't.

Odds for 20k posts to be reached first - 1/4.  Not taking bets on new stadium build, that's Octember 32nd a year from next summer solstice if it's raining and there's a peacock on the htv news reporters head at Stonehenge. Stranger things have happened though ...,,,

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rich said:

Seems odd to take a football shirt all the way to Sellafield to dispose of it? Although having tried to burn a Gas one at Oxford one Sat afternoon many a year ago and failed miserably because it simply wouldn't combust, i can see why the might and power of a nuclear incinerator might be called upon!

6 hours ago, WessexPest said:

I have AFC Wimbledon leanings, due to a friend of mine.  

I suppose she's switched then from a club with a bitter chip to a club of legitimate anger?