IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

14 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

It`s not unusual. You have to remember that they often have to crap in the basin at home once the toilet and bath are filled up.

And once the basin in full to over flowing,the pockets of their donkey jackets.

3 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Love this from LastMinuteLosers on the Sag 2nd May thread:-

"However greater the teds think they are, and however much money Lansdown continues to throw at them, I'm sure they will never eclipse that end to the season and for that magical moment alone I will always be glad I chose blue rather than red."

I think he is clearly confusing 2nd May with 3rd of May and why he made the decision to support Tinpot shite in his quest to become a clown amongst Bristol's biggest laughing stock.

Picture the scene......He is on the pitch at Wycombe singing "Now you're gonna believe us the Gas are staying up" before knowing for definite that you are mathematically safe, whilst offering out 15 year old public school boys because you are paranoid that Teds are following you en masse to revel in your relegation to the abyss. Followed the very next weekend by a win for both Wycombe and Northampton whilst witnessing Sir Colin Daniel of Mansfield kitted out in his black Rovers shirt derailing the Sag Express and sending it directly to Nonleaguesville.

Now, in context of wanting to become an absolute clown supporting a Tinpot laughing stock his statement is far clearer......

"I'm sure they will never eclipse that end to the season and for that magical moment alone I will always be glad I chose blue rather than red."

Yes clown. We are pleased for you. Enjoy your Championship ready sprinklers and Pimms tent.

He "CHOSE" Blue?

Red "CHOSE"  me. :) 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

It did get all a bit 'North Korean' at our place for a bit. I'm not sure if John was banned, but he-along with several others- were treated pretty shabbily by some at the club. Lansdown has come in for some-in my opinion ridiculous- stick on here at times, you might do well to remember that at least he hasn't resorted to excercising his substantial financial muscle to keep people quiet.

Haven't heard much from you lately Miah, still celebrating those hammering over those woeful bluenoses? What has happened to Higgs? Does he still attend home matches?

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

there will be 2,000 more fans in the West Stand on Sunday, than Rovers average home league attendances. One stand holding more than their whole ground.

And they still think there's a comparison between the two clubs.

:rofl2br:

there will be more fans in the west stand then rover's capacity 

I maybe wrong but because it was gifted they cannot sell it. That's how I understand it. Personally I've never been a fan of the UWE and have always said I'd much prefer a rebuilt mem. It's become home for me in any case. 
If it is freehold or bust then it's a peppercorn rent anyway, at least it was. Seems NH really was ready to do anything to be able to get his cash back then ride off into his holiday home. History will judge him a diabolically bad chairman. I suspect more will come to light in due course. 
Now, I can't help but wonder if the Al Qadi family will want to stay. I imagine that Wael's comments about running a football club being much more difficult, has a lot to do with this. 
I have always thought that the owners thought the stadium was basically ready to go and have found out they've stumbled into a minefield. I feel the longer this goes on, the more it becomes a no go thing. Just my opinion obviously but my gut feel is it ain't happening. 
I just dread the thought of going through the whole process again, planning and the rest etc. It may be the one reason the Al Qadi's stay though. I think the plan, prior to buying the club, was to build the stadium then move on. They are a banking family afterall 

Read more: http://gasheads.org/thread/6201/uwe-imminent-news#ixzz4gDrpZJg5

• Like 1

On 04/05/2017 at 15:40, Red Right Hand said:

You don`t mean there were teds in the home end?

In the 70's their end was our end.

We would start walking from East St and by the time we got to Stapleton Rd we were half a million strong.

• Like 1

May 3, 2017 at 8:54pm 
Post Options

Post by kingswood Polak on May 3, 2017 at 8:54pm

droitwichgas Avatar
Let's be honest if the guttering on your house which was being demolished in a couple of years started leaking, would you do a temporary fix costing a £100 or spend £2,000 replacing the whole lot? I could understand it if we were spending on a desso pitch we could dig up and take it with us but to literally throw money down the drains seems odd. Plus we have the new gates and the Pirates portacabins being moved means it doesn't suggest that the UWE will be built anytime soon. I wonder if the club will also look at trying to squeeze more fans into the Mem?

One of the stewards let it slip, v Millwall, that the temporary bar to the rear of the West stand is to be permanently covered and now I read this I can't help but wonder if my hope of a revamped mem could happen as plan B ? 80K on the pitch is all down to DC as he's very unhappy at the pitch, grass length and way it runs. I guess we shall see soon enough. 
You know, I just can't imagine our owners spending that amount + the other small but meaningful things, without good reason. 

Read more: http://gasheads.org/thread/6424/bristol-rovers-1883-agm-730pm#ixzz4gEzegA2D

46 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

Post Options

droitwichgas Avatar
Let's be honest if the guttering on your house which was being demolished in a couple of years started leaking, would you do a temporary fix costing a £100 or spend £2,000 replacing the whole lot? I could understand it if we were spending on a desso pitch we could dig up and take it with us but to literally throw money down the drains seems odd. Plus we have the new gates and the Pirates portacabins being moved means it doesn't suggest that the UWE will be built anytime soon. I wonder if the club will also look at trying to squeeze more fans into the Mem?

One of the stewards let it slip, v Millwall, that the temporary bar to the rear of the West stand is to be permanently covered and now I read this I can't help but wonder if my hope of a revamped mem could happen as plan B ? 80K on the pitch is all down to DC as he's very unhappy at the pitch, grass length and way it runs. I guess we shall see soon enough. 
You know, I just can't imagine our owners spending that amount + the other small but meaningful things, without good reason. 

Read more: http://gasheads.org/thread/6424/bristol-rovers-1883-agm-730pm#ixzz4gEzegA2D

So they think they can take a desso pitch with them :rofl2br:like rolling up some :rofl2br: Lino ******* idiot 

• Like 7

I maybe wrong but because it was gifted they cannot sell it. That's how I understand it. Personally I've never been a fan of the UWE and have always said I'd much prefer a rebuilt mem. It's become home for me in any case. 
If it is freehold or bust then it's a peppercorn rent anyway, at least it was. Seems NH really was ready to do anything to be able to get his cash back then ride off into his holiday home. History will judge him a diabolically bad chairman. I suspect more will come to light in due course. 
Now, I can't help but wonder if the Al Qadi family will want to stay. I imagine that Wael's comments about running a football club being much more difficult, has a lot to do with this. 
I have always thought that the owners thought the stadium was basically ready to go and have found out they've stumbled into a minefield. I feel the longer this goes on, the more it becomes a no go thing. Just my opinion obviously but my gut feel is it ain't happening. 
I just dread the thought of going through the whole process again, planning and the rest etc. It may be the one reason the Al Qadi's stay though. I think the plan, prior to buying the club, was to build the stadium then move on. They are a banking family afterall  

The AL QAdi family is running a business  they thought that the mem sale would happen And they would have not had to invest to much money.

This did not happen so they went cap in hand to find investors.

No investment was to be found they don't have and want to play with there own money as football clubs don't all return good money most runs on a lost 

soon they will ask for a return on their lones 

rember if some things sound to good to be true it's probably is

Read more: http://gasheads.org/thread/6201/uwe-imminent-news#ixzz4gI8wQXOr

• Like 2

On ‎05‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 12:01, harrys said:

Haven't heard much from you lately Miah, still celebrating those hammering over those woeful bluenoses? What has happened to Higgs? Does he still attend home matches?

I missed the 5-1, I had a ticket but for some bizarre reason I chose to got to Rovers v Millwall , I did go to Hampden though and I'm pleased to confirm that Rangers really are truly woeful at the moment :)

I have no idea about Higgs actually. I'm pleased he has gone though. Wael comes across really well and things have looked better than they have in a long while. Having said that things can change drastically in football over a relatively short period of time, so you won't find me making any rash predictions about our future!

9 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I missed the 5-1, I had a ticket but for some bizarre reason I chose to got to Rovers v Millwall , I did go to Hampden though and I'm pleased to confirm that Rangers really are truly woeful at the moment :)

I have no idea about Higgs actually. I'm pleased he has gone though. Wael comes across really well and things have looked better than they have in a long while. Having said that things can change drastically in football over a relatively short period of time, so you won't find me making any rash predictions about our future!

I may be wrong but he strikes me as a Michael Knighton type figure(think I've got the right guy). Seems to love the spotlight, wasn't he on the lap of honour? He's done Gloucs Rd to I believe. If I was of the blue persuasion I'd be a little concerned, not really done much so far financially , sprinklers apart , but likes to be seen as some sort of hero figure. I may be being unfair but after all the hype etc  it must be a little worrying. Although the lies persist, even Sky mentioned your billionaire owner during the Millwall game .

On 2017-5-5 at 22:11, Coombsy said:

Post Options

droitwichgas Avatar

Blame it on the turf... Rovers are shit because of the way the grass grows... heard it all now... 

Belters :laughcont:

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I may be wrong but he strikes me as a Michael Knighton type figure(think I've got the right guy). Seems to love the spotlight, wasn't he on the lap of honour? He's done Gloucs Rd to I believe. If I was of the blue persuasion I'd be a little concerned, not really done much so far financially , sprinklers apart , but likes to be seen as some sort of hero figure. I may be being unfair but after all the hype etc  it must be a little worrying. Although the lies persist, even Sky mentioned your billionaire owner during the Millwall game .

All opinions of course, but to me he seems the exact opposite of what you say.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

I may be wrong but he strikes me as a Michael Knighton type figure(think I've got the right guy). 

No, you are absolutely correct in your assertion.

A recent feature in Shoot magazine described Wael as  "a young loner on a crusade to champion the cause of the innocent, the helpless, the powerless in a world of educational criminals like UWE who want proof the money is there before allowing a stadium to be built on their land."

He also drives a Pontiac Trans-Am with artificial intelligence.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Higgs does still attend home games, often seen him bulldozing his way into the post-match traffic queues outside The Mem.