IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

6 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I missed the 5-1, I had a ticket but for some bizarre reason I chose to got to Rovers v Millwall , I did go to Hampden though and I'm pleased to confirm that Rangers really are truly woeful at the moment :)

I have no idea about Higgs actually. I'm pleased he has gone though. Wael comes across really well and things have looked better than they have in a long while. Having said that things can change drastically in football over a relatively short period of time, so you won't find me making any rash predictions about our future!

Miah, unbelievable, why the hell did you miss the old firm game for that dross?

8 hours ago, harrys said:

Miah, unbelievable, why the hell did you miss the old firm game for that dross?

I know! Mind you the Millwall game was an absolute cracker.

I do get to watch a lot of sport, and I'm away from home quite a lot . I was pushing my luck for two weekends away in a row going up to Glasgow though. I will be up there for the cup final on the 27th :)

1 hour ago, wood_red said:

Sewing the seeds ready to say we are staying at the Mem?

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-rovers-announce-thousands-spent-49104

Quite funny how they are declaring to all that they are painting spaces in the car park, deep cleaning the carpets, new blinds etc. It's what you would expect from the Billionaires....

New blinds and deep cleaning of carpets....no keeping up with that sort of investment. Guaranteed a good bleaching of the cheap white plastic patio furniture is on the to do list as well. 

• Like 2

They are only 17 places behind us, I enjoy the mick taking a bit but seriously how crap must we be doing?  They literally haven't even got a proper stand?

We need to stop this attitude of being 'better than the gas' so it's all ok.

Look at our investment and infrastructure versus theirs, taking that into account who, 'on the pitch' is achieving and who is underachieving?

Coupled with our 'Champagne Moment' of the season being buying one of their players.

******* embarrassing, we are just as tin pot as them but someone decided to give us a new coat of paint.  Smalltime mentality.

Edited by RumRed
  • Like 8

22 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

I may be wrong but he strikes me as a Michael Knighton type figure(think I've got the right guy). Seems to love the spotlight, wasn't he on the lap of honour? He's done Gloucs Rd to I believe. If I was of the blue persuasion I'd be a little concerned, not really done much so far financially , sprinklers apart , but likes to be seen as some sort of hero figure. I may be being unfair but after all the hype etc  it must be a little worrying. Although the lies persist, even Sky mentioned your billionaire owner during the Millwall game .

The guy with the talking car?!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, RumRed said:

They are only 17 places behind us, I enjoy the mick taking a bit but seriously how crap must we be doing?  They literally haven't even got a proper stand?

Look at our investment and infrastructure versus theirs, taking that into account who, 'on the pitch' is achieving and who is underachieving?

Coupled with our 'Champagne Moment' of the season being buying one of their players.

******* embarrassing, we are just as tin pot as them but someone decided to give us a new coat of paint.  Smalltime mentality.

God, you're right...Let's all vow to never take the piss out of the sags again !

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

God, you're right...Let's all vow to never take the piss out of the sags again !

Yeah tbf it is getting boring now. Im actually starting to feel sorry for them. They think they are going to continually move forward season by season and when that does not happen they will want dopey gone.

44 minutes ago, RumRed said:

I think you will find that it is the Sags that are the deluded ones. Before City reached the top flight in the 1970's plenty of fans went to watch both clubs.

When City went up and stayed up they had the all of the coverage and glitz that went with it whilst Rovers were going backwards. It was at this point that Gas fans started to see City fans as "arrogant" when in truth they were simply jealous that City were amongst the big boys. Rovers fans chose instead to go on AGGRO rampages to perform well in the hooligan table because on the pitch they were utter shite.

They have continued to project this view that City fans are up themselves ever since and this is where the dislike started.

They have continued to suffer from their own inferiority complex ever since, and to be honest it is pathetic that a City that has underachieved for so long gets more enjoyment out of bashing each other's clubs than they do about what happens on the pitch.

The cycle is the same every week, and I see it on social media all of the time. It goes generally like this:-

City go behind

Rovers fans update social media

City turn it around

Give some back

Absolute silence from Gasheads on social media

City give a bit more

Rovers fans blame it on City fans and react nastily wanting a fight about.

Gasheads, if you can't take it don't ******* dish it out all the time!

• Like 2

Post by kruger on 6 hours ago

northseagas Avatar
One of the great unwashed calling us "The 15ers" now that is grasping at straws, absolute bunch of f"cking dinks

That just proves one thing, calling them the 82ers really gets to them, calling them Bristol sport 1982 ltd gets to them even more, that's why they are throwing our own insults back at us because they think it's gets to us, me personally I think it's funny

Apparently calling us 82er's really gets to us :facepalm: 

Seeing us we've won more since 82 than you have in your whole entire 'history' the jokes on you, poor little gashead. 

• Like 6

Just now, BCFC11 said:

northseagas Avatar
One of the great unwashed calling us "The 15ers" now that is grasping at straws, absolute bunch of f"cking dinks

That just proves one thing, calling them the 82ers really gets to them, calling them Bristol sport 1982 ltd gets to them even more, that's why they are throwing our own insults back at us because they think it's gets to us, me personally I think it's funny

Seeing us we've won more since 82 than you have in your whole entire 'history' the jokes on you, poor little gashead. 

WTF is a "dink" when it's at home.

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-rovers-announce-thousands-spent-49104

Don't worry everyone, they are still coming for us now with new curtains and blinds....

Dont forget they are deep cleaning the kitchen, you know the thing other food establishments do on a regular basis as standard, i bet its minging

411c9a8b9b5dec169dce2e4c3e8d307d.jpg

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

northseagas Avatar

And this just proves one thing, the 15ers insult really gets to them. I'm sure the embarrassment of being a standing football league club for only 2 years make it all the more painful.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Sergio Georgini said:

And this just proves one thing, the 15ers insult really gets to them. I'm sure the embarrassment of being a standing football league club for only 2 years make it all the more painful.

Spot on.

All the more reason to use it, constantly.

No more calling them "gas", they love that.

Edited by The Gasbuster
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BCFC11 said:

northseagas Avatar

Aw bless. Yeah really gets to us that we survived complete collapse and here we are years later still owning the city...I feel really insulted.

2 hours ago, RumRed said:

I'll stop taking the piss when they stop doing stupidly ridiculous things.

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Spot on.

They are also criticising us for spinning their own insult back on them, like they did with the gas head tag in the first place.  Unbelievable hypocrasy.  

The other thing is '15ers' is only one of a range of insults we have for them, I've never actually used it myself.  Of all the things we say and do to them, it's that that's struck a chord.  You're right, it's peed them off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BCFC11 said:

northseagas Avatar

Yep, proves they hate it! They call us the 82ers because our club died and a new club was formed. We call them the 15ers because the records show (Check FIFA15 - :laugh:) that they were no longer a member of the Football League, but just another Tinpot( another one that really grates with them) non league pub team - they were even sponsored by a pub ffs! Honestly, you can't script how massive a bunch of muppets their deluded fan base is?! 

They are still bitter as **** about Matty Taylor - Wot no sell on clause? (boo hoo) oh, we let's just make out we aren't bothered in a page after page thread about the said snake. PMSL. ******* jokers!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

It was more a comment on basing our view of ourselves on being better than the Rovers then we're never going to get anywhere as we've set the base line pretty low.

Time to start aiming higher.

38 minutes ago, RumRed said:

It was more a comment on basing our view of ourselves on being better than the Rovers then we're never going to get anywhere as we've set the base line pretty low.

Time to start aiming higher.

Not too sure taking the piss out of the Gas actually effects matters on the pitch tbf.

5 hours ago, RumRed said:

I think you have to take into account that while we are doing shyte, they have been doing reasonably well, both scenarios which will bring the two clubs closer together in the football pyramid. Overall, we should be doing better, but, are still doing better than them when we're shyte.

3 hours ago, The Gasbuster said:

Spot on.

Yep, they stole 'gasheads' from us...so soon they'll probably be calling themselves the '15ers' - and they'll think it annoys us! 

Only that club could grab a term used as an insult and turn it into their nickname! 

Mind you, I HATE it when some of our fans sing "Tinman is a sh*thead...." - Why would we ever use a pathetic derogatory term, used by that mob, in a song about one of our playing legends? Totally unbelievable....

• Like 5

3 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

northseagas Avatar

It doesn't actually.

Certainly not like 'mind the gap' does to a Saghead. They go to great lengths to try and convince us that 'the gap' is getting smaller despite the fact that 'the gap' on the pitch is similar to what it has been for most of the last 17 years whilst off the pitch it's bigger than ever.

Tell a Gashead that you think our main rivals are Cardiff and they stamp their little feet at that as well. They say "yeah but you haven't got a massive thread about Cardiff"...no, that's because Rovers give us more to laugh about. The fact we take the piss out of them more seems to give some Gasheads comfort. :blink:

2 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

They are still bitter as **** about Matty Taylor - Wot no sell on clause? (boo hoo) oh, we let's just make out we aren't bothered in a page after page thread about the said snake. PMSL. ******* jokers!

Yeah, funny that isn't it?

They really, really don't care that Taylor signed for us, they couldn't give a monkeys, it doesn't affect them at all...and to prove it they post another thread where they can all cry and bitch about it. Brilliant. :clapping:

3 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

Spot on.

Its not our fault they keep giving us the ammo.

• Like 2