IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

16 minutes ago, Bullbag said:

I wonder if gasholes laugh at Middlesbrough (1986 Ltd) as well.

Bunch of cretins.

Very good point.  Supporters of clubs like Blackburn, currently poorly run, receive sympathy and support from the wider football family.  

Rovers have spent the last 35 years attempting to make a mockery of football supporters for going through a similar ordeal.  Family club, eh? Pathetic.

Edited by WTFiGO!?!

16 minutes ago, Bullbag said:

I wonder if gasholes laugh at Middlesbrough (1986 Ltd) as well.

Bunch of cretins.

They probably guffaw at the previous plights of Newport, Aldershot, Wimbledon, Chester etc too.....and nothing was gonna stop them swooping like vultures around Pompey's financial plight to try and nick their players on the cheap some years ago....and closer to home, they also swooped in '82 to try and pinch Ashton Gate for naff all....no class...

• Like 1

DC wants a better pitch to play his style of football on and the board has backed him and responded by the upgrade.

We host weddings and other money spinning events so cleaning the carpets would just enhance the venues.

Why the panic??? '

:laughcont:

'Blimey there are some real negative buggers on this thread.

Why do so called 'fans' look into every comment made by the club/Wael/Harmer etc and twist it into Armageddon?

The pitch/sprinklers/drainage are being done to support DC and his plans to have a go at promotion next season. The other bits are being done because Wael wants to have pride in the place and present it as nice as possible even if it is for just 2 more years. (as anyone does with their own home even if they plan to move in the future).

UWE will happen, We are in the early stages of the best and most progressive period in the clubs history yet still some on here aren't happy unless there is something to moan about!'

:laughcont:

5 hours ago, BS15_RED said:

Asschat reminds me very much of Corbyn and the current Labour Party, deluded, thinking if they spout the same old bullshit enough times everyone will believe them!

Can  I suggest a  good psychiatrist to you, or maybe an optician to help you open your eyes to reality around you. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep, they stole 'gasheads' from us...so soon they'll probably be calling themselves the '15ers' - and they'll think it annoys us! 

Only that club could grab a term used as an insult and turn it into their nickname! 

Mind you, I HATE it when some of our fans sing "Tinman is a sh*thead...." - Why would we ever use a pathetic derogatory term, used by that mob, in a song about one of our playing legends? Totally unbelievable....

This a thousand times !

• Like 2

15 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Post by kruger on 6 hours ago

northseagas Avatar
One of the great unwashed calling us "The 15ers" now that is grasping at straws, absolute bunch of f"cking dinks

That just proves one thing, calling them the 82ers really gets to them, calling them Bristol sport 1982 ltd gets to them even more, that's why they are throwing our own insults back at us because they think it's gets to us, me personally I think it's funny

Apparently calling us 82er's really gets to us :facepalm: 

Seeing us we've won more since 82 than you have in your whole entire 'history' the jokes on you, poor little gashead. 

Wow, I never thought the 15ers name bothered them that much. :rofl2br:

The 82 thing is such a weird insult, sure it's City's worst ever period, but it's 35 years ago! A a lot of City fans were either small children or not even born when that happened. 

They are right that the 15ers name came about because of the 82ers thing though. But if they think that proves that it bothers us then they are even more delusional than we thought. 

21 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Definition of Tinpot, announcing to your supporters (who are waiting to hear about a shiny new ground) that you're getting the decorators in to smarten the place up a bit :clapping:

New curtains don't grow on trees don't you know 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RumRed said:

It was more a comment on basing our view of ourselves on being better than the Rovers then we're never going to get anywhere as we've set the base line pretty low.

Time to start aiming higher.

i just checked the league table, and we finished above them for the 17th year in a row, therefore we are better then them, its a fact, until they finish above us then it will continue to be fact, we are also better then wigan forest blackburn sheffield united portsmouth and any other team that finished below us, 

Bloke in work who claims to know people associated with the blue few reckons they'll be targeting Devante Cole in the summer as their replacement for Taylor.

Not the most prolific of players, but he's quick and I'd imagine that if he gets enough chances he'd be a regular goal scorer.

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

Bloke in work who claims to know people associated with the blue few reckons they'll be targeting Devante Cole in the summer as their replacement for Taylor.

Not the most prolific of players, but he's quick and I'd imagine that if he gets enough chances he'd be a regular goal scorer.

He hasn't seen the Azteca de Mem yet though! Imagine his old man showing him the completed Gate and saying 'I played there, at St James and Old Trafford' then taking him to the Mem where he can look at a nice picture while sat in a tent? At least the carpets will be clean I guess. ;)

How to totally piss off a young player in one day!

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Malago said:

I hope they have enough money left to give the 2014/15 non league play off trophy (won on pens) a bit of a polish.

Surely they don't need polish? After all, it's plastic and a quick rub with a damp cloth will suffice....

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Wasnt he at Fleetwood this year?

Seem to remember him playing against us in the FA Cup.

They still have a reasonable chance in the playoffs 0-1 isnt a big deficit to turn around.

Should they go up, Rovers wouldnt have a hope of signing him (assuming I have remembered right and he actually is at Fleetwood.)

Edited by JamesBCFC

Just now, JamesBCFC said:

They still have a reasonable chance in the playoffs 0-1 isnt a big deficit to turn around.

Should they go up, Rovers wouldnt have a hope of signing him (assuming I have remembered right and he actually is at Fleetwood.)

A quick "Google" has you right... :) 

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

How many Legs are the Play-Offs nowadays???

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

wasn't the 2nd leg on saturday and they got knocked out?

4 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

How many Legs are the Play-Offs nowadays???

1 minute ago, JBFC II said:

wasn't the 2nd leg on saturday and they got knocked out?

I thought they hadnt played the second leg yet. I googled "Fleetwood Town" to make sure they were in the playoffs and it only showed one game against Bradford played

Edit- nope it shows it as 0-0 for the second leg.

I read it wrong in haste.

Edited by JamesBCFC

I know a methane snorter who actually went to our game on Sunday. To say he was blown away by the new Gate is a massive understatement. While he will always defend his club and thought they were a better team / fans than us (usual drivel), he openly admitted the stadium was a 'different world'. 'If the (pie in the sky) UWE is anything like this, we'll be doing ok' was met by choruses of laughter but, rest assured, he was very complimentary about the whole stadium experience.

He was in the West upper BTW, not with me in the Dolman.

• Like 1

Just now, JamesBCFC said:

I thought they hadnt played the second leg yet. I googled "Fleetwood Town" to make sure they were in the playoffs and it only showed one game against Bradford played

Just looked it up and it is Bradford C V Millwall in the final, the teams that finished 5th and 6th respectively.

Just now, Port Said Red said:

Just looked it up and it is Bradford C V Millwall in the final, the teams that finished 5th and 6th respectively.

Yup, I see now I read it wrong in haste. Have very spotty internet connection which loses partially finished posts if it disconnects so I was rushing somewhat.