IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

10 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

"Aside from pitch renovations, the club will also improve the parking facilities at the Memorial Stadium as well as some more basic changes, including new curtains and blinds and cleaning the carpets".

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mixed-reaction-bristol-rovers-renovations-50309

That's the transfer budget blown then, seeing as they missed out on the £10m for a certain striker as well.

On 28/04/2017 at 14:43, JulieH said:

No we haven't!

I went with licencing to Gloucester roads and spoke to the pubs re any concerns they have and offered advice for the day.

No talk of "Teds" was mentioned by the "old bill" or the pub licensee.

https://youtu.be/rX7wtNOkuHo

Edited by Major Isewater

3 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Bloke in work who claims to know people associated with the blue few reckons they'll be targeting Devante Cole in the summer as their replacement for Taylor.

Not the most prolific of players, but he's quick and I'd imagine that if he gets enough chances he'd be a regular goal scorer.

Nah. His old man will explain to him there's only 1 team in Bristol and they play in red.

6 minutes ago, Nick Wilde said:

YEAP. Definitely coming for us there.

Not sure that signing Screech from Saved By The Bell is going to propel them to the next level; but if it means Wally gets a step closer to his FIFA representative dream, who are we to mock?

• Like 8

Actually, thinking about it in all seriousness I don't know a single City fan who is bothered in the slightest by the 82 thing? In fact we have Section 82, and even acknowledge sacrifices made by the Ashton Gate Eight for saving the club.

The simple fact is that including or excluding 1897 we have still achieved more than the Sags  have done in their entire history since 1982, so I struggle to understand why they dribble a little bit of wee with excitement when they call us the 82ers? It is totally bizarre????

Also, they continue to celebrate 2nd May with complete disregard of the other 2nd of May (Basement Rovers Day). They should be saying Happy 2nd May 1990, but when they leave off the date then we are happy to celebrate 2nd May with them! Congratulations Wycombe!

The 15ers most definitely comes from the 82ers shout, but has far more relevance because there is no getting away from the fact that the name of Bristol Rovers was not in the Football League in whatever guise and that is worth date stamping all day long!

I like how they are now going on about us doing an about turn on our manager and major shareholder now that we are safe......Loyal and True? Hmmm, anyone seen the video of the Torquay game when they screamed abuse from the stands leading up to Sir Colin Day? Clarke, Higgs and everyone needed to **** off out of their tinpot club, and then they invaded the pitch causing anti-social behaviour, punching stewards and horses.....Honestly, their comeback tank is so empty these days that it is unreal!

Bloody Sheeds. We are so deluded! :rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br:

Edited by Cheesleysmate
  • Like 7

57 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

YEAP. Definitely coming for us there.

Not sure that signing Screech from Saved By The Bell is going to propel them to the next level; but if it means Wally gets a step closer to his FIFA representative dream, who are we to mock?

Stick some glasses on and it could be Napoleon Dynamite

• Admin
12 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Also, they continue to celebrate 2nd May with complete disregard of the other 2nd of May (Basement Rovers Day). They should be saying Happy 2nd May 1990, but when they leave off the date then we are happy to celebrate 2nd May with them! Congratulations Wycombe!

I was at cricket on the 2nd May (last week) and a Rovers fan I know was mumbling on about the date and trying to take the piss about it

He seemed to have some kind of mental block about Wycombe

1 hour ago, phantom said:

I was at cricket on the 2nd May (last week) and a Rovers fan I know was mumbling on about the date and trying to take the piss about it

He seemed to have some kind of mental block about Wycombe

Most of them are too thick to realise that the date is the first time they fell into what is in effect Division 4. I remember one of their comebacks used to be that they have never been in Division 4 or bottom of the entire football league. Within a few years they had done both, and if they had changed the format a few years before it would have been the second time that they had been relegated to the Conference! I think 2 down came into effect the season after they finished 91st the first time round?

19 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Most of them are too thick to realise that the date is the first time they fell into what is in effect Division 4. I remember one of their comebacks used to be that they have never been in Division 4 or bottom of the entire football league. Within a few years they had done both, and if they had changed the format a few years before it would have been the second time that they had been relegated to the Conference! I think 2 down came into effect the season after they finished 91st the first time round?

I make it, division 5.

I can't believe that new curtains and a lick of paint are newsworthy items, its the sort of thing that may be in a village newsletter re a local mid somerset team, sounds like they will be asking local decoraters and curtain makers to give up their Sunday mornings to carry out the work for a couple of pints, I ALMOST feel sorry for them !!!!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

I remember one of their comebacks used to be that they have never been in Division 4 or bottom of the entire football league. Within a few years they had done both, and if they had changed the format a few years before it would have been the second time that they had been relegated to the Conference! I think 2 down came into effect the season after they finished 91st the first time round?

1938-39 season, Rovers finished bottom of League Division 3 South. (No Division 4 then). For some reason at the League's AGM, Rovers were re-elected.

http://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=3506

1939 North

Hartlepools FL 38 re-elected to Division Three (North) Accrington Stanley FL 29 re-elected to Division Three (North)
South Liverpool     LC     5
Scunthorpe & L Utd  ML     4
Burton Town         ML     0
Wigan Athletic      CL     0

South

Bristol Rovers FL 45 re-elected to Division Three (South) Walsall FL 36 re-elected to Division Three (South)
Gillingham          SL    15
Chelmsford City     SL     1
Colchester United   SL     1

2 minutes ago, 22A said:

1938-39 season, Rovers finished bottom of League Division 3 South. (No Division 4 then). For some reason at the League's AGM, Rovers were re-elected.

http://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=3506

1939 North

Hartlepools FL 38 re-elected to Division Three (North) Accrington Stanley FL 29 re-elected to Division Three (North)
South Liverpool     LC     5
Scunthorpe & L Utd  ML     4
Burton Town         ML     0
Wigan Athletic      CL     0

South

Bristol Rovers FL 45 re-elected to Division Three (South) Walsall FL 36 re-elected to Division Three (South)
Gillingham          SL    15
Chelmsford City     SL     1
Colchester United   SL     1

That was the year they went bust as well although they conveniently forget that. The only thing that saved them was the outbreak of WW11 and the football league being cancelled 

37 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

That was the year they went bust as well although they conveniently forget that. The only thing that saved them was the outbreak of WW11 and the football league being cancelled 

Bloody hell did I miss the other 9?

• Like 5

BREAKING NEWS:!:!:

I'm thinking that I might put a few of my empties out for recycling - EVEN THOUGH IT WON'T BE COLLECTED UNTIL FRIDAY.

Sorry. It's just then when cleaning the kitchen and running the Hoover round warrants a press release, I thought you should know.

As you were.

• Like 13

2 hours ago, weepywall said:

I can't believe that new curtains and a lick of paint are newsworthy items, its the sort of thing that may be in a village newsletter re a local mid somerset team, sounds like they will be asking local decoraters and curtain makers to give up their Sunday mornings to carry out the work for a couple of pints, I ALMOST feel sorry for them !!!!

Hey,,,,DROPPED KERBS, don't fordet the dropped kerbs !

• Like 3