IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Yes, but all this assumes that they can sell the land that is the Memorial ground in the first place & as far as I know there is no plans in place to do this.

They can't put a supermarket there & student accommodation is tricky with the parking element.

This only leaves housing which in itself will be difficult for any developer with the adverse publicity it will attract. 

All of the this requires a lot of time in planning.

Anyone can do an "artist's impression"

None of it adds up.

2 hours ago, pongo88 said:

The current situation is even worse. The Memorial Stadium would not realise £30m ish if the land was to be used for housing. Maybe only £20m. (Anybody know the value of the land if used for housing?)  The Wael family would presumably want to recover the £10m the club has cost them, so that leaves £10m. 

Don't know how many houses could be built, but on average the perceived wisdom is  the land is a 1/3 rd of the cost of build/sell price .

18 minutes ago, Swede said:

Yes, but all this assumes that they can sell the land that is the Memorial ground in the first place & as far as I know there is no plans in place to do this.

They can't put a supermarket there & student accommodation is tricky with the parking element.

This only leaves housing which in itself will be difficult for any developer with the adverse publicity it will attract. 

None of it adds up.

The 2016 accounts, signed off on 30th March 2017, show that on 23rd March 2017 the Memorial Stadium was valued at £11.1 million by Jones Lang LaSalle. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Swede said:

None of it adds up.

Could someone doing an impression of an artist do the 'artist's impression'.???

(Tate glossary).

Edited by Robert the bruce

17 minutes ago, bert tann said:

The 2016 accounts, signed off on 30th March 2017, show that on 23rd March 2017 the Memorial Stadium was valued at £11.1 million by Jones Lang LaSalle. 

Hmm, bit of a shortfall there then.

So with my rudimentary maths skills

£10M debt

£11.1 Land value

= £100,000. Tent City.

How many tents can you buy with a hundred grand.

Small wonder he's only been buying plastic chairs, carpets and curtains; he's waiting for that big investor, much in the same way as the previous owners only the club are worse off now and in more debt.

• Like 1

As I remember it, the Sainburys bid was always way over the housing value. They were relying on that extra income to fund the stadium, which was to be a joint venture with the UWE.
When the first went tits up , Higgs played a blinder and offloaded to (and I may be being unfair) someone who saw an easy buck. They thought the court case was a cert , that ground was still a go-er and definitely didn't want a shared stadium as they wanted all relevant income, which to be fair does make sense from the clubs perspective and Dwayne Dibley's , sorry Sports. 
So here we are today. The land cannot be sold (as it was a gift we understand), the funding isn't available (well done Sainsbury's) , the owners don't want to share and the club are losing money at a rate that makes us look frugal . 

One thing to add ......

138553493.Cbsg5RRM.shitcreekpaddlestore.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Nothing adds up with the UWE plans. To make money a club needs to maximise non match day income from conference facilities. Even if, which is doubtful,  Rovers could build a 21k stadium for £32m, it would be extremely basic with just seats and a roof. Without the additional facilities there would be little additional income. Then we have the Wonga loan and Nick Higgs and other directors' loans. The Wonga loan would have to have been repaid, and I assume Nick Higgs and co would have wanted their loans repayed if this had happened when they were in charge. Deduct this from the Sainsbury money and it's close to £20m left to build the stadium. 

The current situation is even worse. The Memorial Stadium would not realise £30m ish if the land was to be used for housing. Maybe only £20m. (Anybody know the value of the land if used for housing?)  The Wael family would presumably want to recover the £10m the club has cost them, so that leaves £10m. 

All the above is just ball park figures, with no ITK info, but plus or minus the odd million or two, I think it's a reasonable guess

or they could have seats and no roof and call it something classy like the stratton bank.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Swede said:

Hmm, bit of a shortfall there then.

So with my rudimentary maths skills

£10M debt

£11.1 Land value

= £100,000. Tent City.

How many tents can you buy with a hundred grand.

Small wonder he's only been buying plastic chairs, carpets and curtains; he's waiting for that big investor, much in the same way as the previous owners only the club are worse off now and in more debt.

With that sort of money washing around it's possible to upgrade from tents.

IMG_1611.PNG

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Coombsy said:

I fail to see how a 21,700 stadium was going to be built for £32million minus legal and consultancy fees.
Either the club was going to take out more loans OR UWE was going to be part owners.
Which obviously the current board do not want.Which may have been a sticking point in the deal.
Now UWE owning the land still and buying a 25% share in the stadium and having a greater say over stadium use and 1/4 share of
profits made...well that's a deal I could see them being keen to hold onto.
Not a rental agreement on the land and some use of the space in the stadium.

it's all about the money money money

I recall  a song which went like that 

two with out the aid of gooogle.

ABBA not the greatest.

Pink Floyd f in superb.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bert tann said:

And Sainsburys were going to pay £25 million for it and therein lies the massive problem Rovers now have. Coupled with the fact they were going to get the land off UWE for free it really was a once in a lifetime opportunity for them.

5 minutes ago, weepywall said:

I think land for housing is approx 100,000 per house

Try  £150k around that way.

2 hours ago, reddoh said:

two with out the aid of gooogle.

ABBA not the greatest.

Pink Floyd f in superb.

Wael's song: (with apologies to Roger Waters)

Money, it's a gas
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
New car, caviar, four star daydream
Think I'll buy me a football team

• Like 3

http://www.efl.com/global/appendix1.aspx

1.4    Each Championship Club shall with effect from the start of Season 2012/13 (or with effect from the start of its fourth Season in the Championship if later) only admit spectators to seated accommodation, and there shall be no standing terraces. So IF the gas were to be promoted, they'd have to upgrade the Mem or move / ground share. Both options would cost them money.

7.1    Seats should be individual seats with tip up bottoms and include backrests. Alternatively, other than the Directors Box, the seats can be of the plastic moulded type complete with back rests or other types of seats provided they have back rests. 

10 minutes ago, tts_city said:

Championship ready corner flags, nice.

If a team has won the FA Cup then they are permitted to have triangular corner flags so that their achievement is never forgotten. Everyone else has to put up with square ones. 

If the artist's impression of the new ground is accurate, as I've no doubt it is, then it's clear that the 15'ers plan to win the FA Cup before they move into their new ground. I think that's probably a realistic expectation.

• Like 12

29 minutes ago, 22A said:

http://www.efl.com/global/appendix1.aspx

1.4    Each Championship Club shall with effect from the start of Season 2012/13 (or with effect from the start of its fourth Season in the Championship if later) only admit spectators to seated accommodation, and there shall be no standing terraces. So IF the gas were to be promoted, they'd have to upgrade the Mem or move / ground share. Both options would cost them money.

7.1    Seats should be individual seats with tip up bottoms and include backrests. Alternatively, other than the Directors Box, the seats can be of the plastic moulded type complete with back rests or other types of seats provided they have back rests. 

Never mind being promoted how long are they allowed to keep terracing at League One level, or are they covered by the Never, Never 'we are looking to relocate' statement?

1 minute ago, RedM said:

Never mind being promoted how long are they allowed to keep terracing at League One level, or are they covered by the Never, Never 'we are looking to relocate' statement?

You can keep terracing for as long as you like in League One.

Hopefully in the not too distant future all clubs will be allowed to have terracing.

• Like 1

Just now, Betty Swallocks said:

You can keep terracing for as long as you like in League One.

Hopefully in the not too distant future all clubs will be allowed to have terracing.

Didn't know that, thought everyone had to be rid within a couple of years unless they could show real intent to develop or move. But yes I guess the idea of safe standing is still being discussed, but then would they have to put rail seats in. Weird standard terracing can be left for 25 years or more when some stadiums had to put seats in virtually overnight as it was too dangerous for people to stand.

26 minutes ago, phantom said:

"As Mark Twain would say."

Talk about being vague !!

Mark Twain also said "A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining,but wants it back the minute it begins to rain"

• Like 7