IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

To sell a football club you must first find a buyer. Nick Higgs pulled a fast one to sell Rovers to Wael on the basis of a watertight contract with Sainsburys. Now that has gone, who would buy Rovers?

• Like 1

Rovers sign a fella from Oxford for undisclosed fee...

https://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/2017/may/signingliamsercombe/

Waiting for some clued up gasheads to say he was £1m but actually more like £100,000.

Edit: rumour is he had a massive row with Appleton ala Tomlin/LJ and was kept out the last 2 games. Bit of a attitude too and had a few red cards in the past. Hope Dopey got his kid gloves on!

Edited by Septic Peg

25 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Waiting for some clued up gasheads to say he was £1m but actually more like £100,000.

Edit: rumour is he had a massive row with Appleton ala Tomlin/LJ and was kept out the last 2 games. Bit of a attitude too and had a few red cards in the past. Hope Dopey got his kid gloves on!

Not sure it's a just rumour

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39576721

• Admin
4 minutes ago, harrys said:

Not sure about that, played most of his football in the bottom division or conference and at 27 you'd have thought he would of been picked up by now if any good

Probably talked about leaving so was left out of the squad

4 minutes ago, harrys said:

Not sure about that, played most of his football in the bottom division or conference and at 27 you'd have thought he would of been picked up by now if any good

8 years at Exeter then picked up by Oxford when his contract ran out doesn't sound great, but good goal return from midfield to be fair. Not sure what the injury was kept him out for a while, don't care enough to check any further.

3 minutes ago, Super said:

They have signed a lower league journeyman, not much to get excited about but no doubt they will.

What do you mean nothing to get excited about, they've paid a fee for a player!!! They're coming for us alright!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Super said:

Spending the Matty money.

So they say... And they have money from that cup game away at Chelsea (you know Chelsea, they can call Wally one of their supporters)...

Now, if we take Taylor at 300k and possibly a similar amount from the cup game you get a figure of - 600k

But if we remember they lost a million last year, that means they are still down to the tune of 400k.

Still no sign of Wally investing then!

5 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

If a team has won the FA Cup then they are permitted to have triangular corner flags so that their achievement is never forgotten. Everyone else has to put up with square ones. 

If the artist's impression of the new ground is accurate, as I've no doubt it is, then it's clear that the 15'ers plan to win the FA Cup before they move into their new ground. I think that's probably a realistic expectation.

Ha,ha, "Twin Town"

35 minutes ago, Super said:

They have signed a lower league journeyman, not much to get excited about but no doubt they will.

They are beside themselves with glee. Apparently this enormous, gigantic £150k spend proves just how rich and wonderful Al Qadi is.

£150k mind! That's a lot of tents.

Edited by Stortz

2 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

Right, so the sags have signed... Neddy Seagoon ?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, GreedyHarry said:

I'm a bit confused. I thought the transfer window didn't open until July. That might be wrong, but if not, how can you pay a transfer fee for somebody to transfer clubs if the window is not open? I could be being very stupid.

Guess it's all done bar submitting the registration 

On 5/29/2017 at 20:13, Miah Dennehy said:

Dunno- didn't read it! I struggle with his posts a bit!

Was it something about the ground? If it was, I rarely read stuff about what/maybe/shoulda/coulda happen. If we get a ground we do, if we don't we don't. It won't affect my support for the club.

And so say all of us.

In reality, we all support our club, come what may.