Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

13 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

It's actually

One stand

One terrace

One pavilion

Two tents

Which makes a grand total of 5. So we win.

Manor Farm have 3 stands* on one side of the pitch, just think of their potential!

*Well, it's one stand, one bit of covered terracing that has a few chairs most of the time and one bit of covered terracing with a bar stool. But as there is seating I am calling it a stand.

Edited by JamesBCFC
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Manor Farm have 3 stands* on one side of the pitch, just think of their potential!

*Well, it's one stand, one bit of covered terracing that has a few chairs most of the time and one bit of covered terracing with a bar stool. But as there is seating I am calling it a stand.

And the pitch doesn't slope as much.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BS3City said:

Managed to sneak into the Mem Stad and take a few pictures. We may mock but they're starting to get their shit together...

images.jpg.19a876889cb8da784ed7b15fcc9923b1.jpg

Home end.

3500820-Rows-of-Chairs-empty-white-plastic-chairs-lined-up-for-a-performance-Stock-Photo.thumb.jpg.24067b25a3ce43774d912578eebeda3a.jpg

Away end.

white-plastic-chairs-are-taking-over-the-world-128-1422474646.thumb.jpg.19a79a4ee85117fc8c3a6690a0427521.jpg

Directors box.

mb9Q8CgbS9VAvFvstI76AqQ.jpg.d7e3fa3cce465dcf13bddbb66805bb40.jpg

Corporate hospitality.

white-plastic-chairs-are-taking-over-the-world-128-body-image-1422475259.thumb.jpg.57a5f4a0a3ba510689c22f3b07f7c757.jpg

Even provision for those locked out.

# Tick tock... :thumbsup:

That really is a great post.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Nick_Higgs_Bristol_Rovers_chairman_stand

Nicks hunt for the spawning ground of the plastic chair leads him to wild scrub land on the outskirts of Bristol.  "The chairs will be mine" he said, with a sinister laugh"

I think I quite like Nick!

6 months away from the deadline for work to start and you're still 'in discussions' with UWE? That doesn't sound right to me.

How long are their construction contracts in place for/have they been in place for? 

Just can't see how this can all be sorted in such a short space of time.

1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

So, sags chairman says "UWE still on track". He should put a rider  "...as it ever was" !

Like our bid for Cristiano Ronaldo is on track, the same as it ever was !:P

They stayed  quiet on selling up and UWE until the evening post printed now they are free flowing with info every thing happy.

when hammer was interviewed he sounded good about the new signing but when asked about UWE his stutter and voice changed when I use to integrate people stutter and voice change sweating etc was a good give away 

can some one get him on jemmy kile show see if he pass the lie detector 

pond get bid Steve to throw him out 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gazred said:

6 months away from the deadline for work to start and you're still 'in discussions' with UWE? That doesn't sound right to me.

How long are their construction contracts in place for/have they been in place for? 

Aren't they 2 months from the original grand opening date?  And not a hole has been dug thus far....  And still the alarm bells don't ring for them?!?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Aren't they 2 months from the original grand opening date?  And not a hole has been dug thus far....  And still the alarm bells don't ring for them?!?

3 and a half years ago they were at Ashton Gate singing "we got our new stadium"

Surely they have surpassed us by now.

Hamer sounded up beat; but he said BRFC are still talking to UWE until either side decided to walk away, which is spin talk to say both sides are not close to a deal, so we better get on tidy up the pitch because we are not leaving the MEM any time soon. Unfortunately the MEM is at best a league 2 ground, which is why IMO if both parties cannot ****, get off the pot, and move on. To me if WAQ does have any serious money, which is questionable, because we have not seen any, yet, why not refurb the MEM, we dont need any more than 16/17k seats. Just get on with it, we left Eastvile in 1986.

7 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

Hamer sounded up beat; but he said BRFC are still talking to UWE until either side decided to walk away, which is spin talk to say both sides are not close to a deal, so we better get on tidy up the pitch because we are not leaving the MEM any time soon. Unfortunately the MEM is at best a league 2 ground, which is why IMO if both parties cannot ****, get off the pot, and move on. To me if WAQ does have any serious money, which is questionable, because we have not seen any, yet, why not refurb the MEM, we dont need any more than 16/17k seats. Just get on with it, we left Eastvile in 1986.

You're start them of coombsy. U know how sensitive they are . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gazred said:

I'm sure some of our lot could help em out getting started.... throwing a few bricks over the fence onto their site would come easy and should count as building work, it'd serve as a reunion while bringing back some yesteryear memories for a few of our old time EastEnders... Ooh Altogether, ooh Altogether, ooh altogether etc etc..