IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Reigate Red said:

Sorry to go off gas topic but WTF is going on in Bristol these days - a naked bike ride :blink:. What is that about?

The World Naked Bike Ride takes place every year in cities around the world. In Britain we have them in Brighton, London and Bristol. Cambridge stopped having them because plenty were prepared to ride, but no one wanted the bother of organising it.

The event is / was an anti fossil fuel event, but many participants these days do it for the fun / thrill  and aren't bothered with politics.

Thinking about it, Gary Johnson could have taken part when he threatened to bare his backside in a shop window if a certain player scored for City.

Edited by 22A

Just now, 22A said:

The World Naked Bike Ride takes place every year in cities around the world. In Britain we have them in Brighton, London and Bristol. Cambridge stooped having them because plenty were prepared to ride, but no one wanted the bother of organising it.

The event is / was an anti fossil fuel event, but many participants these days do it for the fun / thrill  and aren't bothered with politics.

Thinking about it, Gary Johnson could have taken part when he threatened to bare his backside in a shop window if a certain player scored for City.

Come on, I`ve not had me tea yet and you had to post that. Eurgggh!

10 minutes ago, JustinCider said:

Well I certainly won't be participating in the Bristol Naked Bike ride again. I only bent over to tie my shoes and someone mistook me for a bike rack.

I say to the grand children did you have a bike for Christmas when they show builders cleavage. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 22A said:

The World Naked Bike Ride takes place every year in cities around the world. In Britain we have them in Brighton, London and Bristol. Cambridge stopped having them because plenty were prepared to ride, but no one wanted the bother of organising it.

It's happened in London for quite a while.  Some participants hire Boris bikes.  Certainly put me off using them .....

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Star of a gunner said:

does anyone know why these people don't get arrested for indecent exposure ?

Because there is no such crime in the UK. It's not illegal to be naked in public, any crime all depends on intent.

"In England and Wales, the offence of "indecent exposure" and other sexual offences were replaced by the more specific and explicit Sexual Offences Act 2003, section 66. Current laws apply only to genital exposure with intent to shock those who do not want to see them."

I guess you could argue they are intending to shock, but most people just see it as fun.

5 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

How do you embed a tweet on here? Because I've just found a corker.

Tried adding the link and using the embed tool and it doesn't work...

https://twitter.com/BRFC_Meltdown/status/870674460864544768

Edit: Watch out @Olé. The gas are coming for you... :laughcont:

I just copy and pasted your link (above) pressed enter and then waited a couple of seconds. Hope it helps......

• Like 1