IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Rovers fan I work with said to me earlier this summer that Luke James was the worst striker he had ever seen play for them.

When you have watched the likes of Christian McClean and whoever they had up front in the season they were relegated from the football league, that is some ******* accolade..

At least Christian did occasionally score.

8 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Depends who you comparing yourselves with Miah! Have you got enough players for a squad yet? :whistle:

I think all you can really do is compare yourself with teams you play against. I'm pretty honest about Rovers, sometimes- and in very recent history- we have been a really, really bad side to watch. However, in the past 3 years or so we have been a  really good side to watch. I would say any neutral coming along to see us in the past couple of seasons would enjoy watching us. Football- like most things- goes in cycles though, and things can change very quickly.

• Like 2

Just now, Miah Dennehy said:

I think all you can really do is compare yourself with teams you play against. I'm pretty honest about Rovers, sometimes- and in very recent history- we have been a really, really bad side to watch. However, in the past 3 years or so we have been a  really good side to watch. I would say any neutral coming along to see us in the past couple of seasons would enjoy watching us. Football- like most things- goes in cycles though, and things can change very quickly.

Fair comment Miah and you've definitely improved beyond all recognition, much to our disdain! The problem for you now, is how to get to the next level which means serious investment? I'm not sure you're going to get it WTGR.

9 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Well babber. A few City mates of mine have been up to the Memorial Stadium over the last couple of seasons on free booze corporate events, and have reported back that the standard is shocking.

Maybe I'll have to get some jabs and see for myself?

However, as you say, things can change very quickly, last season at one stage could have turned out to have gone horrendously wrong.

But, over 6000 days later, you are still in our shadow. That is very slow change, and may it long continue.

Up The City

• Like 1

2 hours ago, freezer said:

Well babber. A few City mates of mine have been up to the Memorial Stadium over the last couple of seasons on free booze corporate events, and have reported back that the standard is shocking.

Maybe I'll have to get some jabs and see for myself?

However, as you say, things can change very quickly, last season at one stage could have turned out to have gone horrendously wrong.

But, over 6000 days later, you are still in our shadow. That is very slow change, and may it long continue.

Up The City

I can well remember noticing the difference in the standard of the game the last time we were relegated to League 1.  It seemed dull in comparison to the Championship and it wasn't just due to being a SOD team, our opponents were little more entertaining generally.  

Obviously the following season we walked it but again, our opponents were largely boring fare.

So R*vers finishing 10th in league 1 suggests they were pretty uninspiring.  

However, all things are relative and they have spent years subjecting themselves to dog shit in the bottom half of League 2 and non-league so I guess the dizzy heights they have found themselves in does represent "a really good side to watch" for them. 

I'm not sure every neutral would agree, though.

Edited by WTFiGO!?!

22 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Been offered to go and stand in the away end from a friend who is a associated with Blackpool. When they play them . I said I couldn't do it . But I did think it would be funny stood in there with a load of stickers. :ph34r:

Judging from comments from a Bolton supporter I know; you have been beaten to it 

Maybe it's true what the gasheads say, the away end is full of teds. :)

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Judging from comments from a Bolton supporter I know; you have been beaten to it 

Maybe it's true what the gasheads say, the away end is full of teds. :)

The away end is full of tents? 

14 hours ago, myol'man said:

Budget has been cut now that they are getting fleeced by their own fans and ripped off by one of the staff.

Dale Vince obviously has more money than Wally :thumbsup:

I think I might have more money than Wally! 

Edited by Bar BS3

Here's how one of the blue few would like to deal with the season ticket scammer;

Hope they find the guy, take him behind the West Stand and beat the sh*t into him before bringing his lifeless body on the pitch to throw tomatoes at for half time entertainment.

Family club? :gasmask:

12 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Here's how one of the blue few would like to deal with the season ticket scammer;

Hope they find the guy, take him behind the West Stand and beat the sh*t into him before bringing his lifeless body on the pitch to throw tomatoes at for half time entertainment.

they do that at away games anyway, have you not seen the coach at oldham?

54 minutes ago, myol'man said:

They do know that the culprit is very unlikely to be a horse..?! 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, miser said:

Looking forward to 6666 days and 66 minutes - evil moment 

If in August 2018 they were above City after the first game of the season, that's 386 days away, so worst case scenario, 6,486 is the minimum number of days they will be behind City.

• Like 1