IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, 22A said:

If in August 2018 they were above City after the first game of the season, that's 386 days away, so worst case scenario, 6,486 is the minimum number of days they will be behind City.

What IF we are relegated and they go up, surely that is the worst case scenario.

6 hours ago, myol'man said:

Here's how one of the blue few would like to deal with the season ticket scammer;

Hope they find the guy, take him behind the West Stand and beat the sh*t into him before bringing his lifeless body on the pitch to throw tomatoes at for half time entertainment.

Family club? :gasmask:

Waste of tomatoes.

• Like 1

Here's how one of the blue few would like to deal with the season ticket scammer;

Hope they find the guy, take him behind the West Stand and beat the sh*t into him before bringing his lifeless body on the pitch to throw tomatoes at for half time entertainment.

Amd they're talking about tinned tomatoes mind.

I thought they'd promote him to chairman 

1 hour ago, bs3 said:

What IF we are relegated and they go up, surely that is the worst case scenario.

That's what happened last season, isn't it..? 

I'm sure I remember hearing numerous times around last Christmas, that that's exactly what was going to happen. 

6 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

That's what happened last season, isn't it..? 

I'm sure I remember hearing numerous times around last Christmas, that that's exactly what was going to happen. 

Is it true about the gashead with his four way accumulator? Rovers promoted, City relegated, UWE being ready for the 2017-18 season & Barcelona playing the first game there.

10 hours ago, myol'man said:

Red Tomatoes? We'll only get blamed saying they was dressed in City colours

42 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Hang on have I read this right

Not only did Rovers want to sign a striker who score 1 goal for them all season

But

Instead he choose FGR over them?

:laugh:

They have signed the lead singer from T Rex today though. 

Which one one of you lot wrote this, then....?

"I am constantly blown away by some of the comments on here.

After over 3 decades of supporting rovers i feel these are the best of times. 

The short termism of some of my fellow supporters is very frustrating. 

It seems so apparent to me that the evolution is happening, our manager has a clear direction for the footballing side of the club - a 5 year contract, the quality of staff on recent interviews, the structuring of a philosophy that will run through all the age groups is all evidence of foundations being laid for success. The training ground purchase and proposals support the sensible direction our club is being taken on under the stewardship of an eminently sensible and likeable owner. I'm sure a stadium (of some sort) will come to pass or all the rest will prove pointless.

The bigger picture is great as far as I'm concerned. Sit back and enjoy is my philosophy. There will be mistakes made, bad decisions and sh** days BUT relative to the last 30 years i have more faith than ever. I'm sure DC and Wael have it in hand. I think rather than the hope i have always has i now have belief.

And in terms of the transfer activity, i think the time to judge is 1st September. I'm impressed with the 4 so far (on paper) and have no doubt there will be more in the next few weeks. 

FTG"

I really do not know what to believe: has that come from a genuine gas head or has that come from one of us taking the piss?  

Happy days, either way,

2 hours ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

Which one one of you lot wrote this, then....?

"I am constantly blown away by some of the comments on here.

After over 3 decades of supporting rovers i feel these are the best of times. 

The short termism of some of my fellow supporters is very frustrating. 

It seems so apparent to me that the evolution is happening, our manager has a clear direction for the footballing side of the club - a 5 year contract, the quality of staff on recent interviews, the structuring of a philosophy that will run through all the age groups is all evidence of foundations being laid for success. The training ground purchase and proposals support the sensible direction our club is being taken on under the stewardship of an eminently sensible and likeable owner. I'm sure a stadium (of some sort) will come to pass or all the rest will prove pointless.

The bigger picture is great as far as I'm concerned. Sit back and enjoy is my philosophy. There will be mistakes made, bad decisions and sh** days BUT relative to the last 30 years i have more faith than ever. I'm sure DC and Wael have it in hand. I think rather than the hope i have always has i now have belief.

And in terms of the transfer activity, i think the time to judge is 1st September. I'm impressed with the 4 so far (on paper) and have no doubt there will be more in the next few weeks. 

FTG"

I really do not know what to believe: has that come from a genuine gas head or has that come from one of us taking the piss?  

Happy days, either way,

Henburuy Gas ....?

8 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Whats the story then?

I'm actually starting to get confused about it myself, I didn't realise Peterborough were now putting it about that we put in a bid for him, which seems very odd because at the end of the season Clarke said we wouldn't be looking to sign him. I think the people at Posh have put out a couple of strange stories, I think their chairman may enjoy getting people at it.

Luke James had lots of chances to shine at Rovers, and the crowd stuck with him, but I think the moment his teammates encouraged him to take a penalty he clearly didn't want to take which he subsequently missed, we all realised it just wasn't going to happen for him.

Obviously he will now go on to score 30 next season for FGR and get the winner against us when we draw them in the cup.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

23 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Luke James had lots of chances to shine at Rovers, and the crowd stuck with him, but I think the moment his teammates encouraged him to take a penalty he clearly didn't want to take which he subsequently missed, we all realised it just wasn't going to happen for him.

Obviously he will now go on to score 30 next season for FGR and get the winner against us when we draw them in the cup.

Sounds to me like "Agent James" has already successfully completed the first part of his mission then...

8 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

Driving through Yate yesterday I remembered that they had played the 15ers recently, wondered what the score was and so looked it up.

0-0

:rofl2br:

Yep, our under 21s with no players with any first team experience did indeed draw with Yate Town on the same weekend that a City team with several first teamers in hammered a, ahem,  very strong Guernsey side 1-0 :)

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Yep, our under 21s with no players with any first team experience did indeed draw with Yate Town on the same weekend that a City team with several first teamers in hammered a, ahem,  very strong Guernsey side 1-0 :)

And a side of similar make up to your Yate team lost 2-0 to Torquay. Seems some of our fans can shoot themselves in the foot as well as yours. :facepalm:

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 2

As August is a few weeks away still no news on UWE ?

why are they looking at land at seven beach ?

why have they not made payments for fences?

When are they going to pay Sainsbury for the court case?

when are they going to pay for a good player?

why have they  got a charge on the  mem ?

the big question 

when will the billionaire spend spend money 

not looking to good is it