IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

52 minutes ago, cynic said:

I think that just about everyone on here alluded to that !

It aint rocket science and I am astounded that your supporters haven't questioned it - well, not really astounded, just mildly surprised.

Anyway, whats going on - going bust ?

No idea where we go from here - maybe put up another tent and refurb Santa's Grotto?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

And no surprise the fans have lapped it up. 

Instead of asking questions of the owners they've decided this is a positive thing! 

Morons the lot of them. 

Of course....now they all hate it, the design, the location...everything :yawn:

The gift giveth.....and keep on giveth

Amen.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

The costs of the UWE planning etc will be transferred into more debt, Al Qadis family clearly have no money to invest, will Dopey want to hang around? Another planning application or search for a location. Scratching for positives? Set the club back another 10 years. 

I'd like to see it set them back to the stone age which is where the majority of their fans belong. I hear there's cheap land in the middle east maybe they could relocate there and re-adopt their original nickname.

If they couldn't do a deal with the UWE there's not a hope in hell they'll finance a new stadium on land that's not already presented to them on a silver platter.  

Personally, I've lost all trust in the ownership and won't be able to believe a word Wael and co. say going forward. All those stupid hope-building tweets 'watch this space' etc.  

No wonder he blushed with embarrassment back when he was persistently labelled by some as a billionaire.

this is the first bit of bad news.

why was in he in London trying to re croup his money 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

And no surprise the fans have lapped it up. 

Instead of asking questions of the owners they've decided this is a positive thing! 

Morons the lot of them. 

"But let's not forget, this board have helped take us to league 1, spent money on a training ground, dc contract, professional backroom staff, new players, some mem improvements and a new turf. We just had a pre season trip to Portugal."

ooooooh.....didn't they do well

IMG_3764.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Osborne Clark -- crook.                                 Dunford - crook                                            Higgs - crook                                            Boycie - crook                                                  Al Qadi  - bullshitter !

2 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Osborne Clark -- crook.                                 Dunford - crook                                            Higgs - crook                                            Boycie - crook                                                  Al Qadi  - bullshitter !

Let's get it right......it's Clark Osborne .:cool:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Even before that litany of infamy there was Herr Holmes...the Jerry Builder !

1 hour ago, cynic said:

Maybe 'ol Wally wants to bring the tin pot little outfit into the 20th century (evolution not revolution remember, the 21st century comes later), but his family (where the money is) maybe a bit more sensible and business savvy.

They have an asset which is dwindling by the day and an option on a new stadium which will cost a high percentage of their hard earned fortune - not a difficult business decision really. Cash in the asset for what they can get and bugger off leaving the pikeys homeless........again. Nice little earner for them.

Well, I can dream and its fun while it lasts...

All of us on here predicted this at the time he purchased the club.

Gert LOLZ about the UWE project although it doesn't sound as if the rumours about the owners wanting to get shot are accurate.

According to the Post, "Roves" (sic) are now "focusing on a substantive redevelopment of the PissPoorial Ground"

Translation - Hi-de-Hi campers!

I am amazed it has taken this long for this to come out.  It was evident that the stadium would never go ahead from the amount of peripheral development that has taken place on UWE in the last two years. They've really been churning out the student accomodation and new teaching facilities. Didn't exactly look geared up or even being prepared to deal with football fans on a weekly basis.

• Like 1

Wael's 'keep calm' thing on instagram was pretty ropey as it was only about 15 mins before the announcement.  I wonder if all the other rumours put up by the same guy are also true?

There had been rumours they hadn't paid for the fence around the training ground site recently too I believe?