IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Make no mistake,  this was the best opportunity of them securing a new stadium in a generation, and it's gone.

Aside from there literally being no available sites within Bristol anymore, if Wael didn't even have the funds to realise UWE then there's absolutely no way he has enough to start a project from scratch. Piecemeal redevelopment of the Mem seems most likely now.

• Like 2

So the first part of my prediction has come true, the second part appears to be happening (Wally being a front man for hamer)

eat h the mem be sold from under them for housing and rovers becoming homeless again in the next few years

this isn't the best thing to happen you thick *****, it's the beginning of the end,

its always been a land grab and you've burnt too many bridges this time to be rescued

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

They're all gonna boycott the education system in protest.... At least that'll be the new excuse they give for being thick as pig shit... It's a conscious decision now!!!

They've clearly been doing that for generations! 

9 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

The stadium was never really going to happen was it. But cant see Al Qadi wanting out. Seems to have gone very well since he's been there. Not sure why he'd just up and leave now. 

I guess fans have treated him like some kind of Demi-god whilst they believed in the stadium etc. Yes their league standing has improved, but even with that aside their big dream was the stadium and now that's busted and they look around their facilities, how much more patience will they have. It's ok when sloshing around non league and not investing in players or the ground but if you really want to be sustainsble we all know how much you have to invest, never mind if you have ambition to progress. You have to start least match the teams around you and they aren't doing that. 

Before we get broken ribs with all the laughing, and trust me, this is hilarious! There is one point that many seem to be overlooking...

Wally failed to get funding on a stadium that would never have been theirs. Whilst any new project will now cost 10's of millions more, they will probably find that financing it will be project with a tangible asset. 

Anyway, for now, it's a fine morning and I'm sure there is plenty more fall out to come..! 

Just now, Bar BS3 said:

Before we get broken ribs with all the laughing, and trust me, this is hilarious! There is one point that many seem to be overlooking...

Wally failed to get funding on a stadium that would never have been theirs. Whilst any new project will now cost 10's of millions more, they will probably find that financing it will be project with a tangible asset. 

Anyway, for now, it's a fine morning and I'm sure there is plenty more fall out to come..! 

no they won't they have no cash, redeveloping the mem will cost upwards 90 million +

7 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

To be fair a lot of us said the same when AV died. However that was coupled with the news of AG redevelopment. 

Make no mistake redeveloping the Mem will cost 2-3 times more than the money they had to put up for UWE..

Wouldn't ever get allowed

That area really is the capital of tree huggers 

Probably a banner already gone up today 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Make no mistake,  this was the best opportunity of them securing a new stadium in a generation, and it's gone.

Aside from there literally being no available sites within Bristol anymore, if Wael didn't even have the funds to realise UWE then there's absolutely no way he has enough to start a project from scratch. Piecemeal redevelopment of the Mem seems most likely now.

The Arena land is available by TM isn't it, too small for us but I bet they sure eying it up 

10 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

To be fair a lot of us said the same when AV died. However that was coupled with the news of AG redevelopment. 

Make no mistake redeveloping the Mem will cost 2-3 times more than the money they had to put up for UWE..

Why the need to redevelop the Mem..?

You can't improve on perfection..! 

• Like 1

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

The land alone will cost £10's millions! They were being gifted the land at UWE in exchange for naming rights and still couldn't make that happen!

Yes, I know but as I said they will still think it's a goer. As you said they had it on a plate but still failed. Looks totally amateur and tinpot, I would be so embarrassed if I were a Gashead.

Can someone please explain what this charge is against the Mem that is in place, I missed the news about this and don't understand. I'm going to be with a load of Gasheads on Sat Eve and all day Sunday and I want to get my facts rights to give the pot a stir, so I'll be looking at this thread for input. :bounce:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

All I keep reading is . It was a shit deal for rovers. Surely it was the same deal the day Higgs signed the watertight contract. Be interesting to hear uwe's version of events 

They will have to be very pragmatic. 

I hope they're not..!