IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

16 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

What I heard was that Wally Al Qaeda doesn't want to rent the land the stadium is built on and so wants to buy the land for £2m (the alleged value, but this is likely using #GasLogic) and the UWE are asking £10m, which the slags are refusing to pay.  

I would half expect this "withdraw" to be part of the bargaining process to rob someone else of their land for a fraction of its worth.  It's not like they haven't got form for this already, is it?!?

I thought I had read, goodness knows how many pages ago,  that UWE were not allowed to sell the land under the deal they signed with Hewlett Packard when they acquired the  site.

10 hours ago, Swede said:

You mean the one who values a player at £10M using gaslogic but meanwhile in the real world it's more like £300k.

Yeah top manager that.

Keep taking the tablets son.

No, the manager that actually has some success on his resume. DC has said multiple times afterwards his expected to lose Taylor when he said it and attempted to create a bidding war, which ultimately failed because only one team bid for him. It's not really rocket science, unfortunately agents find it very easy to share contractual details. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

What I heard was that Wally Al Qaeda doesn't want to rent the land the stadium is built on and so wants to buy the land for £2m (the alleged value, but this is likely using #GasLogic) and the UWE are asking £10m, which the slags are refusing to pay.  

I would half expect this "withdraw" to be part of the bargaining process to rob someone else of their land for a fraction of its worth.  It's not like they haven't got form for this already, is it?!?

Think that's step too far as a negotiating tactic personally. On the eve of a new season, hastily rushed out statement when news broke, new charge on stadium, admitting they are walking away and all the fan pressure that should ordinarily bring, with naff all funds already invested... I think it's more black and white. 

1 minute ago, Chalkie said:

I thought I had read, goodness knows how many pages ago,  that UWE were not allowed to sell the land under the deal they signed with Hewlett Packard when they acquired the  site.

Even if so, they could have agreed (paid) HP to waive their rights to prevent a sale. 

4 minutes ago, miagsygas said:

No, the manager that actually has some success on his resume. DC has said multiple times afterwards his expected to lose Taylor when he said it and attempted to create a bidding war, which ultimately failed because only one team bid for him. It's not really rocket science, unfortunately agents find it very easy to share contractual details. 

Why would there have been a "bidding war" when he had a £300k buy out clause in his contract?! Idiot!

You would never have got more than £300k, then it would have been the best offer made to MT. 

Hi guys!

Firstly, id ignore that above twitter account, it's the single biggest piece of nonsense since us getting a stadium.

Secondly, I've got to be honest I'm quite pleased we aren't moving to UWE. It's definitely another thing for you to take the piss out of, granted, and the non match day revenue is of course needed if we ever really want to push on. That being said, I'm not sure I like the idea of a half full atmosphere void bowl with absolutely nothing good around it for before and after the game. I've been of the idea for a long time it wouldn't happen so nothing has changed in that respect for me. I can't really imagine anything substantial happening for a while.

As for the rest of stuff with the Al Qadis pulling out, who knows? Even from day one i didn't believe in the billionaire hype, there are those that don't believe everything they read, that being said I do think he's improved some stuff off the pitch. If he leaves, we'll he was skint anyway. Honestly, nothing will ever really surprise my with this club.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, miagsygas said:

Hi guys!

Firstly, id ignore that above twitter account, it's the single biggest piece of nonsense since us getting a stadium.

Secondly, I've got to be honest I'm quite pleased we aren't moving to UWE. It's definitely another thing for you to take the piss out of, granted, and the non match day revenue is of course needed if we ever really want to push on. That being said, I'm not sure I like the idea of a half full atmosphere void bowl with absolutely nothing good around it for before and after the game. I've been of the idea for a long time it wouldn't happen so nothing has changed in that respect for me. I can't really imagine anything substantial happening for a while.

As for the rest of stuff with the Al Qadis pulling out, who knows? Even from day one i didn't believe in the billionaire hype, there are those that don't believe everything they read, that being said I do think he's improved some stuff off the pitch. If he leaves, we'll he was skint anyway. Honestly, nothing will ever really surprise my with this club.

What has he improved, off the pitch, that doesn't still leave you lagging behind almost every other club in the country..?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Why would there have been a "bidding war" when he had a £300k buy out clause in his contract?! Idiot!

You would never have got more than £300k, then it would have been the best offer made to MT. 

The agent had leaked the clause after DC's statement. Obviously the hope was for other clubs not to realise there was a clause and bid over that price.

They were caught between a rock and a hard place and tried to make the best out of the situation. It didn't work. But he's hardly going to announce after being asked if he was worried about losing Taylor that every club can have their pick for £300,000.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

He seems a reasonable poster in fairness. Bit harsh.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, miagsygas said:

The agent had leaked the clause after DC's statement. Obviously the hope was for other clubs not to realise there was a clause and bid over that price.

They were caught between a rock and a hard place and tried to make the best out of the situation. It didn't work. But he's hardly going to announce after being asked if he was worried about losing Taylor that every club can have their pick for £300,000.

Gullible as ever!

it was in the national press, months before we bid. It was no big secret! 

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

What has he improved, off the pitch, that doesn't still leave you lagging behind almost every other club in the country..?

We now have a development squad, which was completely nonexistent before. We have legitimate investment into the youth system, there are far, far more staff in and around the club. There is now actually a medical team, rather than just one person who runs on with a wet sponge, including the fitness staff and equipment that we never had before, the gps trackers etc. Whilst, as DC said, we are actually still behind where we should be, we genuinely were behind every club in at least league 1 level in infrastructure.

Though these things may sound stupid, because they are things that should have happened anyways and do happen for clubs that actually have resources, these are things that I'm 99.9% sure wouldn't have happened under old Higgsy.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, miagsygas said:

We now have a development squad, which was completely nonexistent before. We have legitimate investment into the youth system, there are far, far more staff in and around the club. There is now actually a medical team, rather than just one person who runs on with a wet sponge, including the fitness staff and equipment that we never had before, the gps trackers etc. Whilst, as DC said, we are actually still behind where we should be, we genuinely were behind every club in at least league 1 level in infrastructure.

Though these things may sound stupid, because they are things that should have happened anyways and do happen for clubs that actually have resources, these are things that I'm 99.9% sure wouldn't have happened under old Higgsy.

As I said, improvements that aren't the bare minimum standard required by a football club. 

You can see why we find such humour in the well loved phrase "we're coming for you"..! 

1 minute ago, kevthered said:

From their point of view it's best to get your bad news out in one day. No stadium today no manager tomorrow  means two days of bad news

But usually, to gloss over bad news, they release plans of a new stadium project..!