IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

UWE seem to be setting fire to the Rovers' hierarchy in prep for legal proceedings.  Seems to suggest that the rest of Chris Brown's info may also be correct, the Al Qadi money appears to know longer be forthcoming whatever deal is placed on the table?

Above is guesswork but makes some sense.

2 hours ago, RedM said:

Can someone please explain what this charge is against the Mem that is in place, I missed the news about this and don't understand. I'm going to be with a load of Gasheads on Sat Eve and all day Sunday and I want to get my facts rights to give the pot a stir, so I'll be looking at this thread for input. :bounce:

Legal charges are a method of securing debts. In other words Wael is worried that should it all go pear shaped (if it hasn't already) he will not lose the money used to pay off Nick Higgs and other directors plus the Wonga loan. Should the Minimal Stadium be sold, he will be guaranteed to receive the money - approx £9m for Nick Higgs & and directors plus approx £3m Wonga. After he has received his £14m the other creditors will get their money and if there is then anything left it could go to the club. So, Rovers might be left with, say, a couple of hundred pounds to enable them to build a new ground. Placing is charge is hardly the action of a billionaire who has long term grandiose plans for the club.  It's the actions of a man who realises he's out of his depth in the world of football and finance and wants to get out.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 02/08/2017 at 08:00, Cheesleysmate said:

1982 and Dean Windass, oh and sometimes 2nd May. The Sags only comebacks in their tank and none of those stand up anymore.

1982.......2014, Colin Daniel, Rovers RELEGATED to NON LEAGUE. 35 years in the football league versus just 2...2!!!! 1982 is like water off a ducks back. Most of the Sags who spout about 1982 weren't even born because it was so far back. We even CELEBRATE 1982, we have Section 82, we honour the Ashton Gate 8 of 1982....When will you deluded Sags realise that 1982 has zero effect on the entire Bristol City fan base you absolute bunch of pikey tools?

Dean Windass - So City missed out on Premiership football - I seem to recall at the time all Sags almost being physically sick at the prospect that a team only formed in 1982 might actually reach the promised land. Every City fan knew how fortune had helped us to even get in that position in the first place. We won an awful lot of games in added time by throwing caution to the wind and piling players forward. It was hardly talking about the playoffs for an entire season whilst your team slid towards total oblivion was it? I think Colin Daniel trumps Dean Windass by an absolute country mile!!!!!

2nd May - You celebrate this day, yet in 2001 your nemesis Wycombe Wanderers sent you to the basement for the first time in your history. The 3rd of May is even more hilarious. Where is your comeback on that one?

#Nocomebacksleftintheirlockerhencethereasontocontunuethisthreaduntiltheyfindone

Was a brilliant season capped by the chance of getting to the Premiership with a playoff final in front of 30k people - amazed that they think this is something to use as a dig at the club, it's still one of our best seasons with AG absolutely rocking.

On 02/08/2017 at 08:07, Cheesleysmate said:

When will the Sags realise that the Al-Qadi family bought a football club haemorrhaging money purely to offset their taxes?

They have hardly been breaking the bank with their spending have they?

I did warn my Sag friends who immediately started with the 6th richest club in England bollocks and throwing Wally on their shoulders celebrating down Gloucester Road to wait for the cheque book to come out before hailing the messiah?

But as usual the Sags prematurely ejaculated as they do with everything.

Tick rock....No ground....No big spending.....No future.....Tinpot club.

It's sad, they make digs out of us for this thread, but near the beginning are several pages where we did research into Wael when he took over.  Rovers fans and the media were calling him a billionaire, spending his money on stadium and players, saying they were one of the richest clubs in the country. On our site we had within a couple of days put their wealth at around £70 million (and that is total assets not cash / funds available) and said little would change and at worse it could be a land grab for the mem. Whilst we did this Gas forums were giving each other a collective blow job and saying how jealous we were - maybe if they were half as inquisitive as us and not afraid of speaking out against the Gas dreamland fallacy they all live in, things would not be such a shock to them. Sadly their forum is just a la la land echo chamber, dissention against the narrative = bans. Maybe their mods and posters could learn from all this.... :rofl2br:

12 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

Oh if only there was a local billionaire that could go in and buy the club and rescue them, only to send the best of the staff and team to BS3 and then demolish the site (apart from the gates) and build a badminton court/basketball arena...

Oh if only...

I would rather he built a multi use indoor athletics arena at UWE this area has nothing like it for miles. Local Gymnast have to goto Plymouth to train. We could not host a athletics meet, or indoor tennis open / competition the area just sucks for facilities.

2 hours ago, RedM said:

Yes, I know but as I said they will still think it's a goer. As you said they had it on a plate but still failed. Looks totally amateur and tinpot, I would be so embarrassed if I were a Gashead.

Can someone please explain what this charge is against the Mem that is in place, I missed the news about this and don't understand. I'm going to be with a load of Gasheads on Sat Eve and all day Sunday and I want to get my facts rights to give the pot a stir, so I'll be looking at this thread for input. :bounce:

When Higgs was bought out and all the debts were paid of it was done so as a loan that was put on the books of a offshore company called Dwayne sports that owns Rovers and the Mem. To ensure that they would get all this money back no matter what happens (administration, etc) they put a charge against the Memorial stadium, So in effect the club bought itself and Wael used none of their own money, just guaranteed loans against the mem.

56 minutes ago, miagsygas said:

Hi guys!

Firstly, id ignore that above twitter account, it's the single biggest piece of nonsense since us getting a stadium.

Secondly, I've got to be honest I'm quite pleased we aren't moving to UWE. It's definitely another thing for you to take the piss out of, granted, and the non match day revenue is of course needed if we ever really want to push on. That being said, I'm not sure I like the idea of a half full atmosphere void bowl with absolutely nothing good around it for before and after the game. I've been of the idea for a long time it wouldn't happen so nothing has changed in that respect for me. I can't really imagine anything substantial happening for a while.

As for the rest of stuff with the Al Qadis pulling out, who knows? Even from day one i didn't believe in the billionaire hype, there are those that don't believe everything they read, that being said I do think he's improved some stuff off the pitch. If he leaves, we'll he was skint anyway. Honestly, nothing will ever really surprise my with this club.

To be honest you were operating like a low end conference club and really needed someone to pull you up to at least L2 standards. I suspect that a lot of that was down to Higgs running out of money and lines of funding drying up. Infrastructure does not get repaired, staff get let go until you have the bare basics. Now you are back at where you should be, the question is, is the money (or will)  there to push beyond. I guess this is where we will start to see the true intentions of Wael now.

The reason I like this site is that we never let ourselves get so blinded or forced into a cult like collective like your forums all but force your posters to over time.

Edited by Fiale
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Was a brilliant season capped by the chance of getting to the Premiership with a playoff final in front of 30k people - amazed that they think this is something to use as a dig at the club, it's still one of our best seasons with AG absolutely rocking.

It's sad, they make digs out of us for this thread, but near the beginning are several pages where we did research into Wael when he took over.  Rovers fans and the media were calling him a billionaire, spending his money on stadium and players, saying they were one of the richest clubs in the country. On our site we had within a couple of days put their wealth at around £70 million (and that is total assets not cash / funds available) and said little would change and at worse it could be a land grab for the mem. Whilst we did this Gas forums were giving each other a collective blow job and saying how jealous we were - maybe if they were half as inquisitive as a and not afraid of speaking out against the Gas dreamland fallacy they all live in things would not be such a shock to them. Sadly their forum is just a la la land echo chamber, dissention against the narrative = bans. Maybe their mods and posters could learn from all this.... :rofl2br:

I would rather he built a multi use indoor athletics arena at UWE this area has nothing like it for miles. Local Gymnast have to goto Plymouth to train. We could not host a athletics meet, or indoor tennis open / competition the area just sucks for facilities.

When Higgs was bought out and all the debts were paid of it was done so as a loan that was put on the books of a offshore company called Dwayne sports that owns Rovers and the Mem. To ensure that they would get all this money back no matter what happens (administration, etc) they put a charge against the Memorial stadium, So in effect the club bought itself and Wael used none of their own money, just guaranteed loans against the mem.

To be honest you were operating like a low end conference club and really needed someone to pull you up to at least L2 standards. I suspect that a lot of that was down to Higgs running out of money and lines of funding drying up. Infrastructure does not get repaired, staff get let go until you have the bare basics. Now you are back at where you should be, the question is, is the money (or will)  there to push beyond. I guess this is where we will start to see the true intentions of Wael now.

The reason I like this site is that we never let ourselves get so blinded or forced into a cult like collective like your forums all but force your posters to over time.

Excellent post. 

If I were a Rovers fan, I'd be very worried about the future of my club at the moment! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Taz said:

Because ours was a semi decent ground before work started. Even with parts of the ground knocked down, it was still better than their pit.

They have a lot of work to do to get it up to the standard of the old Ashton Gate, let alone anything else.

Nope. We've had two new stands, one of which is far more complex than anything at the new ground of theirs (UWE or Mem plans). Add on to that the redevelopment of the Dolman which was extremely complex, particularly in removing the pillar and extending the roof.

Demolishing the Mem and building it to UWE spec would be cheaper than our rebuild. I'd estimate it at £25m seeing as they already have the land.

Edited by nebristolred

17 minutes ago, RumRed said:

It has 10million secured against it already, so you can knock that off its value straight away.

17 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

After the debt that's reportedly secured on it is taken into account..? 

A couple of million, tops, I should think! 

Sainsbury's deal was worth £20m I believe , which was way, way above the value of the land for housing use.  I think you may be close BS3, and that's if there are no other changes or cost against the ground. I would guess Wael would want to recoup all money spent on the club, he's a banker after all, I don't think he'll leave much behind. If he's looking for a way out, I wonder if the club is more valuable now. Maybe in a better positioning the League, but the shiny stadium prospect would have made a difference. 

• Like 1

They seem to slowly be cottoning on over on AssChat:

Something smells fishy. And I do believe it's coming from Wael's vicinity. It's no longer possible to hide behind DC's success on the pitch. He needs to provide the fans with a full and honest explanation.

Who do you trust,

compromises have been made so he says. To what extent?

I am getting the impression, the family just dont want to part with their own money

I believe the owners are tight and have screwed up. They wanted to get a stadium on the cheap and UWE have stakeholders to answer to so they couldn't go below a certain price. This is just my opinion, given we've received no meaningful update for....well, ever?

Always one 'tard though:

Good point....uwe are def shaken by this....a statement and a live interview within 2 hours when no comment for years! This is a business masterstroke by our owners to get a better deal as uwe are now clearly desperate for it....or this is the best chance of a stadium ruined by lies

1 minute ago, nebristolred said:

Nope. We've had two new stands, one of which is far more complex than anything at the new ground of theirs (UWE or Mem plans). Add on to that the redevelopment of the Dolman which was extremely complex, particularly in removing the pillar and extending the roof.

Demolishing the Mem and building it to UWE spec would be cheaper than our rebuild.

As I said earlier, Rotherham's build cost £20m and that is 12k ish?  They are also very constricted by space , not saying it can't be done but I doubt it can be done for £8m.

A couple of years ago it looked like Rovers were set for administration due to the size of the debt to Nick Higgs and the Wonga loan. With any normal club this would have happened, but not the Barcelona of the West Country, Bristol Rovers. Nick Higgs pulled off a masterstroke and found a sucker from the middle east to bail them out. This masterstroke enabled us to laugh at the tales of Wael's endless wealth making him the 6th richest man in the world. It enabled us to laugh at the comments on the Rovers' forum about the imminent new ground. It has extended the delusion of the Rovers fans.  I think we should all give heartfelt thanks to Nick Higgs for all the amusement he has brought us.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Sainsbury's deal was worth £20m I believe , which was way, way above the value of the land for housing use.  I think you may be close BS3, and that's if there are no other changes or cost against the ground. I would guess Wael would want to recoup all money spent on the club, he's a banker after all, I don't think he'll leave much behind. If he's looking for a way out, I wonder if the club is more valuable now. Maybe in a better positioning the League, but the shiny stadium prospect would have made a difference. 

Super markets pay way over the odd's. For housing, I'd guess that land is worth £10-15 million. 

Just enough to pay back Wally, leave the gas with no ground, no money & in dire straits. 

:thumbsup:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Demolishing the Mem and building it to UWE spec would be cheaper than our rebuild.

But a complete demolition isn't likely as they would have to move somewhere else for a few years. With that in mind, why would anyone want to let them in to share a ground with their record?

They'd end up claiming squatters rights once they'd realised they couldn't afford to pay the demo crew and had nothing but a patch of land left. They're like a bad smell once they get in, you end up losing your ground in the process.

Inflation alone without the "brexit" effect would push it up to the cost of ours. They ain't got the money. To be fair I couldn't care less, just shows them up for what they are, a laughing stock.

Edited by Taz
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Taz said:

But a complete demolition isn't likely as they would have to move somewhere else for a few years. With that in mind, why would anyone want to let them in to share a ground with their record?

They'd end up claiming squatters rights once they'd realised they couldn't afford to pay the demo crew and had nothing but a patch of land left. They're like a bad smell once they get in, you end up losing your ground in the process.

Inflation alone without the "brexit" effect would push it up to the cost of ours. They ain't got the money. To be fair I couldn't care less, just shows them up for what they are, a laughing stock.

They could always come and use "Trashton" (again)

Kind of like with the FC Twente friendly, we could just open the Dolman, to cater for the small numbers in attendance. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

What exactly did UWE say on the radio?

I'm in work so wasn't able to listen.

Don't know.... but

I can remember when every week on the telly he used to say ''Double Your Money'' & ''Opportunity Knocks''  ahh. those were the days my friend.  

(that'll mean nothing to anyone under the age of 50 -ask yer parents/grand parents :) )

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Legal charges are a method of securing debts. In other words Wael is worried that should it all go pear shaped (if it hasn't already) he will not lose the money used to pay off Nick Higgs and other directors plus the Wonga loan. Should the Minimal Stadium be sold, he will be guaranteed to receive the money - approx £9m for Nick Higgs & and directors plus approx £3m Wonga. After he has received his £14m the other creditors will get their money and if there is then anything left it could go to the club. So, Rovers might be left with, say, a couple of hundred pounds to enable them to build a new ground. Placing is charge is hardly the action of a billionaire who has long term grandiose plans for the club.  It's the actions of a man who realises he's out of his depth in the world of football and finance and wants to get out.

The charge I think does ordinarily make a lot of sense, but maybe there is something more. 

The reason I would in his shoes put a charge on the stadium is for the purpose of what you say, but not the reasoning. I would have one because I come before all creditors - without a charge on it it's just an asset of the club  which could be realised. It actually makes the asset more secure. Sure it could be for him to realise his expenditure, or it could be to protect it from the vultures if things went sour. We have a similar defence despite a billionaire owner - we have a separate entity own the stadium. 

Me and a friend (a sag) unfortunately.... bumped into Steve Landsdown, he explained he didn't understand how rovers fans with such little investment in their club in the past years still love their club and manager more than city fans appear to when he has poured millions and millions in and still they do not love him. on another note, dont get to happy about stadiums, Brentford and Burton both have rubbish stadiums yet still on paper and last year on evidence are a better team than us!

Should money be found from somewhere to redevelop the Minimal Stadium, it should be relatively inexpensive due to the cramped shape and size of the plot of land.  There is no space to build a large replacement for the tent end as houses are immediately behind.  All that could be built is a replacement, the same size, with a proper roof. There is exactly the same problem with the side of the ground that looks like a cricket pavilion. There is more room at the Filton Avenue end but, due to the proximity of houses, they would have the same right to light issue as City have with the Atyeo stand. The remaining side of the ground has a bit more space so something a bit bigger could be done. Redevelopment might be possible for £15m - £20m but capacity couldn't be any more than 15k at a push. There is currently standing in some parts of the ground and replacing standing with seating reduces capacity with a like for like size stand

All that is needed is £15m - £20m.

27 minutes ago, Taz said:

A complete demolition and re-build  to UWE spec would have to involve rotating the pitch 90degrees and shifting it up into the car park at the Muller Road side of the current ground.  My caveat is that I am no architect but I don't need to be to see that there is bugger little space.  

Even then it'd be a tight squeeze, if possible at all.  

Then there's the £25m (?) to find.

Their more realistic option is to simply knock down the stand opposite the Cricket pavilion and build as gert a size stand as they can in its place.  Then tart the rest of the place up as well as possible.  

The problem we have rebuilding the Atyeo they have with the tent end, the cricket pavilion and probably their home end as well.

IMG_0742.JPG

15 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Don't know.... but

I can remember when every week on the telly he used to say ''Double Your Money'' & ''Opportunity Knocks''  ahh. those were the days my friend.  

(that'll mean nothing to anyone under the age of 50 -ask yer parents/grand parents :) )

I can remember Double Your Money. The theme tune used to end with the words "Double your money and take it away!" I think its the "take it away" part that should worry Rovers fans with Wael in charge. 

And I mean that most sincerely folks. (with apologies to Hughie Green)

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, simonb2020 said:

Me and a friend (a sag) unfortunately.... bumped into Steve Landsdown, he explained he didn't understand how rovers fans with such little investment in their club in the past years still love their club and manager more than city fans appear to when he has poured millions and millions in and still they do not love him. on another note, dont get to happy about stadiums, Brentford and Burton both have rubbish stadiums yet still on paper and last year on evidence are a better team than us!

Yeah, course you did.

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I can remember Double Your Money. The theme tune used to end with the words "Double your money and take it away!" I think its the "take it away" part that should worry Rovers fans with Wael in charge. 

And I mean that most sincerely folks. (with apologies to Hughie Green)

Double your money, without any hitch

Double your money and try to get rich

Double your money, i'ts your lucky day

Double your money and take it away...o-lay 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Admin
50 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

As I said earlier, Rotherham's build cost £20m and that is 12k ish?  They are also very constricted by space , not saying it can't be done but I doubt it can be done for £8m.

Could a cash in hand deal be struck with Cowboys'r'us?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, simonb2020 said:

Thanks for signing up especially to share your story.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2