IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Without wishing to give them any ideas regarding the site for a new ground, it's always amazed me that nobody's thought to build a new stadium at Ashton Vale. 

Might tempt DC to stay too with all those dog walkers in the vicinity.  Genius.

Edited by RumRed
Unfortunate typo with walkers
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

33 minutes ago, simonb2020 said:

Me and a friend (a sag) unfortunately.... bumped into Steve Landsdown, he explained he didn't understand how rovers fans with such little investment in their club in the past years still love their club and manager more than city fans appear to when he has poured millions and millions in and still they do not love him. on another note, dont get to happy about stadiums, Brentford and Burton both have rubbish stadiums yet still on paper and last year on evidence are a better team than us!

dmlpokxddethm8ozsddl.jpg

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, simonb2020 said:

Me and a friend (a sag) unfortunately.... bumped into Steve Landsdown, he explained he didn't understand how rovers fans with such little investment in their club in the past years still love their club and manager more than city fans appear to when he has poured millions and millions in and still they do not love him. on another note, dont get to happy about stadiums, Brentford and Burton both have rubbish stadiums yet still on paper and last year on evidence are a better team than us!

So on a day when the news of your stadium plans going up in smoke are announced, the first thing you do is make a half arsed attempt at pretending to be a City fan!

I notice you say how gAssholes love the club and manager though, and not the owner (anymore). Wonder why??

• Like 5

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Five Years (adapted Bowie)

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha ha ha!, so  many Gasheads sighing,

News had just came over, they had five years left to cry in,

News guy wept and told us Gas was really dying,

Laughed so much my face was wet, I knew he was not lying,

They've got five years, stuck on their eyes,

They've got five years, what a surprise,

They've got five years, their Dwane hurts a lot,

They've got five years, that's all they've got.

(Five years if they are lucky!)

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, simonb2020 said:

on another note, dont get to happy about stadiums, Brentford and Burton both have rubbish stadiums yet still on paper and last year on evidence are a better team than us!

Were Burton better than us????

It does show that if a smaller club than us is ran superbly well, it can over-achieve for a short while and fair play to them for that.

It's not a threat we've had from R*vers for a very long time! 

22 minutes ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

A complete demolition and re-build  to UWE spec would have to involve rotating the pitch 90degrees and shifting it up into the car park at the Muller Road side of the current ground.  My caveat is that I am no architect but I don't need to be to see that there is bugger little space.  

Even then it'd be a tight squeeze, if possible at all.  

Then there's the £25m (?) to find.

Their more realistic option is to simply knock down the stand opposite the Cricket pavilion and build as gert a size stand as they can in its place.  Then tart the rest of the place up as well as possible.  

The problem we have rebuilding the Atyeo they have with the tent end, the cricket pavilion and probably their home end as well.

IMG_0742.JPG

To make any Stadium financially viable they'd need to have a 20,000 min capacity. They could go for a 13,000 Capacity 3-tier stand where the Blue stand currently is , but without reducing the size of the pitch to tennis court proportions I can't see what they could do with the rest of the ground. 

Their only hope now is to merge with Forest Green, Newport or Clevedon . 

I hope it makes some of our lot appreciate SL a bit more . 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

A complete demolition and re-build  to UWE spec would have to involve rotating the pitch 90degrees and shifting it up into the car park at the Muller Road side of the current ground.  My caveat is that I am no architect but I don't need to be to see that there is bugger little space.  

Even then it'd be a tight squeeze, if possible at all.  

Then there's the £25m (?) to find.

Their more realistic option is to simply knock down the stand opposite the Cricket pavilion and build as gert a size stand as they can in its place.  Then tart the rest of the place up as well as possible.  

The problem we have rebuilding the Atyeo they have with the tent end, the cricket pavilion and probably their home end as well.

IMG_0742.JPG

F'ing rotate! 

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

They could always come and use "Trashton" (again)

Kind of like with the FC Twente friendly, we could just open the Dolman, to cater for the small numbers in attendance. 

Wouldn't have 'em within a 100 yards. They'd wreck the place just because they could.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, simonb2020 said:

Please back up your evidence of how Burton are better than us..?! 

3 hours ago, nebristolred said:

I know we all like to laugh but that's nonsense mate. They own the land, and the rebuild wouldn't be as complex as ours was. The Millenium Stadium cost £120m, albeit a few years back now.

This is more comparable to Rotherham's ground, which cost £20m.

Ours cost 45 million is http://stadiumdb.com/constructions/eng/ashton_gate 

We only did 2 and a bit stands, they need to do all 4

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

A couple of years ago it looked like Rovers were set for administration due to the size of the debt to Nick Higgs and the Wonga loan. With any normal club this would have happened, but not the Barcelona of the West Country, Bristol Rovers. Nick Higgs pulled off a masterstroke and found a sucker from the middle east to bail them out. This masterstroke enabled us to laugh at the tales of Wael's endless wealth making him the 6th richest man in the world. It enabled us to laugh at the comments on the Rovers' forum about the imminent new ground. It has extended the delusion of the Rovers fans.  I think we should all give heartfelt thanks to Nick Higgs for all the amusement he has brought us.

Hear Hear.

Nick Higgs was the shining knight who when the Rovers were languishing in the football gutter moved things along at an accelerated speed, whilst reaching down and lifting the manhole cover guaranteed a team in a rovers strip would be triumphant that faitful day.

what a hero!

15 minutes ago, gl1 said:

bluebutterly, you recently questioned why this thread has survived so long. So, Ifyou're reading, these events are why this thread goes on, and on . It seems not a month goes by without more comedy gold.

Firstly Sainsbury's pulled out and left Rovers offering olive branches all around, and now Bristol Rovers have pulled out and the UWE are saying a deal can still be struck...you couldn't write it.

Add in the wilderness non league year, the 'I've lived through the Thatcher years' and 'I would rather see my dog die than rovers go down' phone ins, the cup exits to brickies and plumbers, the swooping in of the richest man in the universe only to find he's left his wallet back on planet Wally, the 'we are the 6th richest club in the country but we have a stadium made up of tents, and portaloos and we don't buy anyone' 

Sprinkle in selling your best player for peanuts to us, the completely empty streets on your victory parade, the 'tick tocking' and the 'we're coming to get you' quotes. Mix in your "oh yesssssssss" thread which ended with us staying up and rovers going down. Your ever so 'prowed' fans. The huge and legendary fan base, the lock outs and invasions, the horse punching, and the pictures of the self confessed 'family club' fans pulling opposition players through the goal net.

Stir in your terrible dirge of an anthem which I believe is about a prostitute.  Bake for 2 hours on a medium Gas and serve with a running away Higgs, the infamous Wonga loan, the creation of Dwayne sports that whipped the ground you whipped off someone else away from you, saddled it with charges and gave it back with new curtains.

all of this is more is why this thread keeps building. And for that, I thank you...

You forgot the court cases via Wycombe, Sainsbury's etc...

8 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Ours cost 45 million is http://stadiumdb.com/constructions/eng/ashton_gate 

We only did 2 and a bit stands, they need to do all 4

2 new stands, one of which was 2-tier and holds more than their entire ground. And a third which involved revamping the entire Dolman, extending the roof and very complex work around replacing a pillar.

Rotherhams was a new build and cost £20m for 12,500 capacity. Seeing as Rovers want a similar design (single tier all around, very simple), I'd estimate only a small increase on that cost.

The cost of moving out for a period, etc is another question altogether mind

2 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

2 new stands, one of which was 2-tier and holds more than their entire ground. And a third which involved revamping the entire Dolman, extending the roof and very complex work around replacing a pillar.

Rotherhams was a new build and cost £20m for 12,500 capacity. Seeing as Rovers want a similar design (single tier all around, very simple), I'd estimate only a small increase on that cost.

The cost of moving out for a period, etc is another question altogether mind

they want 21700, they also have to re-do the planning permission as well as the design and all the other bells and whistles that comes with it, they also are working in a Post Brexit world where costs are going to sky rocket unless we get a good deal from the EU (not likely to happen under this lame duck PM and government) ,

They also have their debt and the fact they haven't got a pot to piss in,

They are royally ****** and things are most likely going to get a lot worse,

The guy who broke it said there is really bad news coming and I don;t think he is refering to the stadium

sorry if this is covered somewhere else on the site but I listened to the guy from UWE on radio Bristol who seemed to be committed to a scheme at the campus and he was very clear that a site with planning permission for a stadium was a very special commodity.  

Is it possible they could find another partner? is forest green rovers not looking for a new stadium and as this site is in (greater) Gloucestershire would they be interested in taking up the offer as forest green can't have a great local support - as nobody lives in Nailsworth long term this might suit their ambitions

I think that truly would be the death knell of Bristol rovers. 

• Thanks 1

• Admin
6 minutes ago, Jimatno9 said:

sorry if this is covered somewhere else on the site but I listened to the guy from UWE on radio Bristol who seemed to be committed to a scheme at the campus and he was very clear that a site with planning permission for a stadium was a very special commodity.  

Is it possible they could find another partner? is forest green rovers not looking for a new stadium and as this site is in (greater) Gloucestershire would they be interested in taking up the offer as forest green can't have a great local support - as nobody lives in Nailsworth long term this might suit their ambitions

Not a chance in hell of happening

• Like 1

They are in serious trouble, aren't they?

However their fans try and spin it in order to comfort themselves, unless Wally and co. immediately announce a significant better option with a fixed timeframe for completion, I think they are in quite some bother.

Still; makes their always hilarious chants about both "coming for us" all the more hollow and ridiculous.

7 minutes ago, Jimatno9 said:

I think SL will go into partnership with the UWE and develop it for Bristol's second biggest football team - Bristol City Women. Maybe he could also move the under 23 and 18 squads there as well.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1