IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 minutes ago, BSRED said:

I think SL will go into partnership with the UWE and develop it for Bristol's second biggest football team - Bristol City Women. Maybe he could also move the under 23 and 18 squads there as well.

Not sure you could ever wipe the smile off my mush if that happened!!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jimatno9 said:

sorry if this is covered somewhere else on the site but I listened to the guy from UWE on radio Bristol who seemed to be committed to a scheme at the campus and he was very clear that a site with planning permission for a stadium was a very special commodity.  

Is it possible they could find another partner? is forest green rovers not looking for a new stadium and as this site is in (greater) Gloucestershire would they be interested in taking up the offer as forest green can't have a great local support - as nobody lives in Nailsworth long term this might suit their ambitions

I think that truly would be the death knell of Bristol rovers. 

UWE wil build an athletics stadium and the filthy gypos will rent it from them.

33 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Does this change in position now mean that students and academics at UWE will now have to boycott Rovers 'to hurt them financially' - in the same way that the blue few have reduced Sainsbury's to their knees by moving half a dozen eggs from their basics range to a different shelf?

rob that's the best laugh I've had in ages thanks mate!!

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, samo II said:

They are in serious trouble, aren't they?

However their fans try and spin it in order to comfort themselves, unless Wally and co. immediately announce a significant better option with a fixed timeframe for completion, I think they are in quite some bother.

Still; makes their always hilarious chants about both "coming for us" all the more hollow and ridiculous.

Yes, the shit has hit the fan and your club is in turmoil with rumours of more shit to come.......so what do you do? Well Henbury Gas felt it was necessary to jump onto OTIB and report back that we're in 'meltdown' over the stadium news..well, no shit Sherlock!

I see our friends south of the rivers have gone into meltdown and posted 9 pages in one day all about us and i thought they did not care about us the silly little sister shaggers

Still manages to bullshit....its only 8 pages to date! ;)

7 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Yes, the shit has hit the fan and your club is in turmoil with rumours of more shit to come.......so what do you do? Well Henbury Gas felt it was necessary to jump onto OTIB and report back that we're in 'meltdown' over the stadium news..well, no shit Sherlock!

I see our friends south of the rivers have gone into meltdown and posted 9 pages in one day all about us and i thought they did not care about us the silly little sister shaggers

Still manages to bullshit....its only 8 pages to date! ;)

I can't believe they listen to that **** . He thinks he's ITK with the stadium spouting shit constantly. He is obsessed with Bristol city. 

1 minute ago, Red Army 75 said:

I can't believe they listen to that **** . He thinks he's ITK with the stadium spouting shit constantly. He is obsessed with Bristol city. 

Well he clearly cares enough about City to be able to report back there was 9 new pages!!

Ive never hidden from the fact that they are the next result I look for after ours!! It always make the weekend that extra bit better when they lose so news like this after all their bullshit is priceless!!

' Our reserves will play at Ashton Gate'

• Haha 1

Just now, Red Army 75 said:

They all are. Especially the ones who openly say that they couldn't give a shit about 'The Shit'. They are the ones who are bothered the most!

They are going to merge a few threads on Sagchat about us and entitle it "Talking Sh1t" apparently. Henbury Gas is going to be the OP. :yawn::laughcont:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, simonb2020 said:

Me and a friend (a sag) unfortunately.... bumped into Steve Landsdown, he explained he didn't understand how rovers fans with such little investment in their club in the past years still love their club and manager more than city fans appear to when he has poured millions and millions in and still they do not love him. on another note, dont get to happy about stadiums, Brentford and Burton both have rubbish stadiums yet still on paper and last year on evidence are a better team than us!

If he did say that, he must have forgotten the 'One Stevie Lansdown' chants by hundreds and thousands of fans at the end of 2014/15, the opening of the ground last season, after the Birmingham game in May... Strange, he's always struck me as a man with a good memory. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, simonb2020 said:

Me and a friend (a sag) unfortunately.... bumped into Steve Landsdown, he explained he didn't understand how rovers fans with such little investment in their club in the past years still love their club and manager more than city fans appear to when he has poured millions and millions in and still they do not love him. on another note, dont get to happy about stadiums, Brentford and Burton both have rubbish stadiums yet still on paper and last year on evidence are a better team than us!

You gasheads are all a bit strange ain't you! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Does this change in position now mean that students and academics at UWE will now have to boycott Rovers 'to hurt them financially' - in the same way that the blue few have reduced Sainsbury's to their knees by moving half a dozen eggs from their basics range to a different shelf?

Surely it means gAss fans will geoff boycott UWE and academia, now, does't it? All those gAss fan plans for Masters and PhDs - they'll have to apply to other learning establishments. 

1 hour ago, BSRED said:

I think SL will go into partnership with the UWE and develop it for Bristol's second biggest football team - Bristol City Women. Maybe he could also move the under 23 and 18 squads there as well.

UWE already use AG as a base for their sports management degree.

I think there might be something to this cunning plan...

• Like 2

padstow
Fans' Favourite

padstow Avatar

Member is Online

Posting Level

Next Level in 479 posts
19 minutes ago via mobile pirate and Langford Gas like this
Post Options

Post by padstow on 19 minutes ago

francegas Avatar
Had a look at fb page and Chris Brown (not one for making up BS) has stated he has heard bad news from Rovers. Basically Hani has ditched the stadium and has put no money across to run the club. Has any one heard anything to collaberate this?

Yes about 3 weeks ago
There is a move to put a winding up order before the courts by a group of creditors

From their forum now, suggestion of possibility of winding up order. This would certainly explain why Dwayne sports have taken a charge to secure their debt.

Edited by martnewts
speeling
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, martnewts said:
padstow
Fans' Favourite

padstow Avatar

Member is Online

Posting Level

Next Level in 479 posts
19 minutes ago via mobile pirate and Langford Gas like this
Post Options

Post by padstow on 19 minutes ago

francegas Avatar
Had a look at fb page and Chris Brown (not one for making up BS) has stated he has heard bad news from Rovers. Basically Hani has ditched the stadium and has put no money across to run the club. Has any one heard anything to collaberate this?

Yes about 3 weeks ago
There is a move to put a winding up order before the courts by a group of creditors

From their forum now, suggestion of possibility of winding up order. This would certainly explain why Dwayne sports have taken a charge to secure their debt.

they still haven't paid for the fence around the proposed site of the new training ground, 

Earlier today I thought they were calling UWE bluff.  UWE obviously did not see this coming.  Thought it was a smart move actually.  But now, fingers crossed, they may have bigger, bigger issues and the whole deck of cards may come tumbling down and quickly.

Edited by cityloyal473

4 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

Earlier today I thought they were calling UWE bluff.  UWE obviously did not see this coming.  Thought it was a smart move actually.  But now, fingers crossed, they may have bigger, bigger issues and the whole deck of cards may come tumbling down and quickly.

Oh dear, what a pity, never mind. :yawn:

3 hours ago, simonb2020 said:

Are you absolutely sure that is what was said? It sounds a bit suspect? I don't love SL  as I aleady have a wife and kids. I do enormously respect him and I am forever greatful to him and his family for what they have done for my other lifelong live Bristol City FC. I am sure he knows that is the same with many of us fans.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hoxton casual said:

Are you absolutely sure that is what was said? It sounds a bit suspect? I don't love SL  as I aleady have a wife and kids. I do enormously respect him and I am forever greatful to him and his family for what they have done for my other lifelong live Bristol City FC. I am sure he knows that is the same with many of us fans.

isn't lansdown only aloud in this country for 30 days a year?,  I would of thought he'd use most of those watching City,.........