IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Just now, TMWANG50 said:

Apparently according to Mc Hamer down at the Gas they are looking for a plan B and hope to be inundated with offers of possible stadium sites..... must be Gas Logic

we had ours lined up, there plan b means moving out of the mem while it's being redevloped, 

Theres already 2 snags with that,

1. Planning permission has run out

2. they pissed cheltenham off last time and have no where to move out too

1 hour ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Well at least the world at large (and that excludes the gas mutants) can get a full handle around the timing of the FB rumour, the late night press release, the crazy gang interview and the bucket on the head/"Christie did it" Twentypence interview, 2 days before the start of the season?.

They didn't want to affect season ticket sales!!!!!

And they keep going on about how they are not going to be able to fit all of their fans in the Mem if they stay?

Who is doing their maths? Diane Abbott?

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, wood_red said:

Lets just say they find a piece of land in the next few months, they then have to acquire it, draw up plans, submit them, get past all the objections etc etc and then find the contractors to start the build. How long will all that take? 4 years at a guess?

Yet they are losing money weekly and have an owner who hasn't actually ploughed his own money into them, yet they think he will happily keep taking a loss week in week out (at least on the balance sheet) until they are sustainable and have a new ground?

The owners and his family seem to be backers of "sure things", this whole episode must be looking like a complete farce to them. They wanted a shiny new stadium and a guaranteed income/return - when is that likely to happen? I, personally will be amazed if they are still there in a few years time. 

It strikes me that their Chelsea supporting current owner is a bit of a chancer.

He's looked at few clubs before coming across Fatty desperately trying to offload them with a deal for the new stadium in place. I bet he thought all he had to do was sweep in pick up the pieces and cash in and sit back while he gets a return on his investment. Now he's going to have to spend money he clearly doesn't want to spend on trying to find a new site, feasibility studies, planning and I just don't think he'll stomach much more.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Swede said:

It strikes me that their Chelsea supporting current owner is a bit of a chancer.

He's looked at few clubs before coming across Fatty desperately trying to offload them with a deal for the new stadium in place. I bet he thought all he had to do was sweep in pick up the pieces and cash in and sit back while he gets a return on his investment. Now he's going to have to spend money he clearly doesn't want to spend on trying to find a new site, feasibility studies, planning and I just don't think he'll stomach much more.

the clue is in the investment banker part,

They only invest to turn a profit, there is no profit to be had at the clown factory so now he wants out, Hamer is panicing because he doesn't have the resources and the gas are going to edge ever closer to oblivion, they thought things got bad under higgs well its going to be worse now......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I will never forget him keep mentioning the word "value" in one of his interviews about a year ago. He is in it purely for returns and all this "he is a football fan" from their fans means nothing to him when it comes to finance and finance only. It is pretty obvious he is going to celebrate when his club scores, what owner wouldn't? As said above why have other clubs turned him away before Rovers? I would hazard a guess as he is in the "buying" market for anyone (and I mean anyone) who are so desperate for the cash and to bail out at a ridiculous low ball offer - ie the last lot of owners.

If Wael or his family actually pay for something out of their own pockets I may change my view of them, and when it is a substantial amount of cash I would then only think they would be in it for the long haul. To think they are as it stands is crazy, with no communications regarding the UWE, the charge on the mem, so say non paid bills etc etc I just cannot see how they will be there in the longterm unless they are just a front for other Investors if they can find them, and seeing as they couldn't get them for the UWE I am unsure why anyone would stick cash into them now without even a plan b on the horizon - and if that plan b is the mem they have no chance of finding finance.

Edited by Guest
mistake

7 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Can't see why they would do so, it's not like the Sainsbury deal where there was a contract in place; albeit with clauses that Higgs didn't understand.

The UWE deal was pulled before heads of terms were agreed so the contract won't have been drawn up yet.

What should be more concerning is the financial position of the gas.

The Memorial Stadium is valued at £11m and a charge of £10m has been placed against this creating a line of credit.

The costs of the UWE stadium project and a £1.5m annual operating loss meant that by 30 June 2016 £7.2m of this credit had been drawn and spent.

So now that would be £8.7m meaning that the remaining line of credit is £1.3m; being insufficient to cover the operating loss for the current season.

So they need more money. Third party companies, even Higgs' Wonga loanees, require security.  Now this could be achieved by giving them a charge upon The Stadium but it would have to rank above the existing charge; meaning that a chunk of that £10m would become unsecured and effectively lost to the owner.

I will rely upon gasheads' opinion that Wael is a good sort so he's unlikely to liquidate them but the impression also being given is that there is no more money to come and, unlike Steve Lansdown, he doesn't have the money to give up that debt.

So this is looking very like the gas will be out of money by the end of the season so will be going up for sale with any new owner having to take on a debt of £10m secured against the ground.

The gas may have checked out of the Conference but they can never leave.

Is that the long way of saying they are in the caca?

12 minutes ago, bcfcfinker said:

Is that the long way of saying they are in the caca?

Um, possibly :yes:

I think they'll be put up for sale some time this season. If results go their way it will be late in the season; if not then in the next few months so the incoming buyer is paying at the level for a L1 team rather than a L2 one.

4 minutes ago, red'tili'mdead said:

The Gas will merge with Forest Green in the next 3 years.

You heard it here first.

FGR have £££ and infrastructure, but no fans...

Rovers are (comparatively!) well supported and will not have a pot to piss in when Wael is told the game is up by the grown ups and the Mem has to be sold to clear the debts.

Forest Blue Rovers? Has a certain ring to it...... Don't think the FA will like it much though :) 

10 minutes ago, red'tili'mdead said:

You heard it here first.

Rovers are (comparatively!) well supported and will not have a pot to piss in when Wael is told the game is up by the grown ups and the Mem has to be sold to clear the debts.

Not gonna happen.

Dale Vince (the Swampy of the football world) was overheard to say, 'Gas? I don't think so. I'm Mr Sustainability, no fracking way'. 

At least I think it was fracking.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

we had ours lined up, there plan b means moving out of the mem while it's being redevloped, 

Theres already 2 snags with that,

1. Planning permission has run out

2. they pissed cheltenham off last time and have no where to move out too

Maybe part of their master plan to be "like 1980's Wimbledon" is to go back to where they played in the 80"s and return to Twerton park. 

The future is looking bright..! 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, red'tili'mdead said:

You heard it here first.

Can't see them merging with there bitter rivals 

15 minutes ago, red'tili'mdead said:

You heard it here first.

I actually think you might be right! 

They were moving out of Bristol (again) anyway, so why not..?

For the reasons that you state, it actually does make sense to all parties. 

Hey, Forest Green have even got football league status now, which could come in handy, with the way things are going..! 

• Like 1

Just now, Bar BS3 said:

I actually think you might be right! 

They were moving out of Bristol (again) anyway, so why not..?

For the reasons that you state, it actually does make sense to all parties. 

Hey, Forest Green have even got football league status now, which could come in handy, with the way things are going..! 

It does have some compelling logic.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, red'tili'mdead said:

You heard it here first.

Forest Gas Rovers. No need to even change the FGR badge.

Edited by Rudolf Hucker

It is all part of a cunning plan by a multinational computer consultancy (trading as Henbury Gas) to depress the value of the company still further prior to a takeover and salvation as a Sunday park team.

There are some business terms that the blue few really should look up. They can get access to a thing called the internet if they go to a library and I'm sure someone will be kind enough to explain what a library is. I would recommend these for starters:

Leveraged Buy Out

Asset Stripping

It may start to make sense.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Forest Blue Rovers? Has a certain ring to it...... Don't think the FA will like it much though :) 

I reckon if that were to ever happen then they should merge the two club names together... just take the Forest Green part from FGR and then the Rovers part from the gas... oh wait 

Edited by Downend2005

43 minutes ago, Bianconeri said:

It is all part of a cunning plan by a multinational computer consultancy (trading as Henbury Gas) to depress the value of the company still further prior to a takeover and salvation as a Sunday park team.

There are some business terms that the blue few really should look up. They can get access to a thing called the internet if they go to a library and I'm sure someone will be kind enough to explain what a library is. I would recommend these for starters:

Leveraged Buy Out

Asset Stripping

It may start to make sense.

They would have to learn to read first.

(Well, something more advanced than pidgin neanderthal)

I am struggling to understand their forum

they lose  thousands each week and are 10 million in debt

they need a new ground or a revamped mem Which will cost anywhere from 4-45 million

both of these after the uwe collapse are 3-4 years away minimum and that's ignoring the massive battle they would face against local residents.

thats another 3-6 million debt while they rebuild with money they don't have, whilst being financially propped up by a foreign bank.

i can't actually see any other outcome that a sale of the mem followed by liquidation and yet on ass chat there's a wally fan club and people sticking Jordanian flags as their user photo

It's utterly farcical 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, B block said:

I am struggling to understand their forum

they lose  thousands each week and are 10 million in debt

they need a new ground or a revamped mem Which will cost anywhere from 4-45 million

both of these after the uwe collapse are 3-4 years away minimum and that's ignoring the massive battle they would face against local residents.

thats another 3-6 million debt while they rebuild with money they don't have, whilst being financially propped up by a foreign bank.

i can't actually see any other outcome that a sale of the mem followed by liquidation and yet on ass chat there's a wally fan club and people sticking Jordanian flags as their user photo

It's utterly farcical 

Look mate, if you were as thick as two short planks like wot they is you'd be doing exactly the same :thumbsup:

Don't forget he had some new turf laid.

• Like 1