IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

59 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

As far as I can see it's all smoke and mirrors, anyone who moans about SL should spend time looking at this sort of ownership, which is by no means the worst around , and just take a minute.

Funny isn't it?

They've spent years gleefully telling us that Lansdown is going to pull the plug and we're going to be plunged into the shit.

Maybe the Al Qadis are bluffing with the UWE? Maybe they've got an amazing 'Plan B' up their sleeves that they're just not letting on about for some reason?....or maybe the fanbase who have taken so much joy predicting our financial ruin for years have something to worry about themselves?

Either way, I know which owner I prefer. He doesn't always get it right but at least it's obvious that Lansdown is committed to City and he puts his money where his mouth is. It'll be interesting to see how committed the Chelsea fan and his family are to the Sags.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Was at cricket with a Rovers fan yesterday he was adamant this Wael chap has more money that Lansdown - he is normally a sensible guy, I am literally astounded that people think this

Whilst we know this information to be wrong, it wouldn't matter if it were correct.

Wally isn't wanting/able or allowed to spend any money.

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Did he spit on the Rovers player as he walked off?

Looked like it, hope he gets a long ban , scum. 

Just to point out, although I hate them I wouldn't cross the road to piss on one if he was on fire :yes:

Edited by 1960maaan

3 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Looked like it, hope he gets a long ban , scum. 

Just to point out, although I hate them I wouldn't cross the road to piss on one if he was on fire :yes:

Piss on them or spit on them! 

Seeiously though, there is no place for spitting deliberately at other players and he should be banned for it. However tempting it must have been..! 

• Like 1

Something i've noticed since working in offices the last 3 years.

There's always someone that has told me they support both Bristol teams (I've worked for 2 companies and it's occurred in both) ..... Does anyone else find this weird? I obviously understand fair weathered fans but can't get my head around saying you support both city and rovers... 

15 minutes ago, Redsi2 said:

I see wael is calling for goal line technology for the mighty league 1in the Bristol post. More blame for anyone else but themselves and I am sure he will be more than happy to pay for the installation at the mighty revamped memorial ground!

Do we have this in the Championship now? I know it was mentioned, but haven't heard anything about if all clubs at our level now have this installed..??

1 minute ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

There's always someone that has told me they support both Bristol teams (I've worked for 2 companies and it's occurred in both) ..... Does anyone else find this weird? I obviously understand fair weathered fans but can't get my head around saying you support both city and rovers... 

Usually what that means is that they "support" Man Utd/Arsenal etc but want both local clubs to win their games. 

Basically someone who never goes to football, beyond turning the channel over! 

It would be interesting to know how many of either City or Rovers' games they go to, in the name of "supporting both" 

I see the milkman is getting involved again;

"Let us be realistic. The redevelopment of the Men did not give a decent financial return to support the investment. The UWE stadium did but it is a leasehold. ( which can be renewed many times over) I suspect Dwayne Sport wanted freehold but in my eyes the value of the stadium for another purchaser is in the revenue returns as long as you have a renewable lease option. A new stadium elsewhere would be more exensive than UWE and planning will be a challenge. Dwayne Sports should not dismiss UWE so quickly and carry on negotiations to resolve their differences. Leasehold and freehold can be on a par financially if the revenue streams are there."

Which is worth more , a gold Rolex or a bottle of gold top?

1 hour ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

I have an uncle and a family friend like this, they don't go to games any more but put Bristol in general above a subdivision of it.

This is why I don't have the vitriol that others have for the gas, though I did have a little chuckle when they went non-league after all the "we're coming to get you" rhetoric.

2 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

@bert tann I think it's time to ask... Have we converted you? 

No, but once again I'd like to thank members of OTIB for their patience in allowing me to post on this site.

It has been a ten year campaign and it may at last be coming to fruition as I see some Rovers fans on social media are now expressing the same opinions and asking the same questions as I have done.  But still the majority refuse to see what is staring them in the face and continue to confuse loyalty to Bristol Rovers with loyalty to it's owners.

I fear the final wake up call will only come if it is discovered that the Memorial Stadium  is being offered for sale as a development site.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, bert tann said:

No, but once again I'd like to thank members of OTIB for their patience in allowing me to post on this site.

It has been a ten year campaign and it may at last be coming to fruition as I see some Rovers fans on social media are now expressing the same opinions and asking the same questions as I have done.  But still the majority refuse to see what is staring them in the face and continue to confuse loyalty to Bristol Rovers with loyalty to it's owners.

I fear the final wake up call will only come if it is discovered that the Memorial Stadium  is being offered for sale as a development site.

Clever Bert., clever.

Reality is now biting. Fair play to these three posters for going against the party line (and probably upsetting other gasheads with their comments. http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/10390/planning-action

Nobbygas:- We are not going to get a new stadium, ever. Get used to it.

Harleygas:- Time to let go and concentrate on the mem that's why wael been tidying up the mem so the dreams over. Been sold down the river once again soon back too 5000 gates and sh!t pasties

Yategas:- A sh** time to be a Gashead!

7 minutes ago, 22A said:

Reality is now biting. Fair play to these three posters for going against the party line (and probably upsetting other gasheads with their comments. http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/10390/planning-action

Harleygas:- Time to let go and concentrate on the mem that's why wael been tidying up the mem so the dreams over. Been sold down the river once again soon back too 5000 gates and sh!t pasties

Back in the day you used to get really good pasties at the rugby ground. Probably the best thing about going there when Bristol were sh*te.

12 minutes ago, 22A said:

Looking at that thread some of the unenlightened ones have now mentioned Cribbs FC (good Western League ground?) and Clifton RFC as potential sites. If I was associated with either of those clubs I'd be practising "not in a million years sunshine" as my response to any "why don't we ground share?" overtures.

That said, both Cribbs and Clifton will be far more solvent than the 15ers. Administration by November?.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Bianconeri said:

Looking at that thread some of the unenlightened ones have now mentioned Cribbs FC (good Western League ground?) and Clifton RFC as potential sites. If I was associated with either of those clubs I'd be practising "not in a million years sunshine" as my response to any "why don't we ground share?" overtures.

That said, both Cribbs and Clifton will be far more solvent than the 15ers. Administration by November?.

Potentially one of the best ones bar Melksham who just spent a fortune on theirs, depends if they are able to work on it.

Just had a chuckle in the GD thread over there, its finally sinking in, its not as if we've told them for 18 months it stinks (or in my case since WAQ and Hamer rocked up)

Henbury  Gas Avatar
Topper Gas Avatar
Possibly, but why take 18 months and get to the point of discussing Heads of Terms before realising that was the case, if Wael had told us the feasibility study made the stadium not viable we could have accepted that and just blamed NH! Once he suggested it was feasible we assumed a deal would eventually be agreed.

because on the previous "near agreements" the UWE moved the "goal Posts" so they had to start again. The family got pissed off with that so gave them a deadline this time. UWE could not be arsed to reply. the rest is history

More Henbury BS? Sorry but you've lost all credibility on here, compared to the likes of Gasincider, with your constant stadium hints which never turned out to be correct. Although as I said even if UWE didn't respond you'd have thought after spending £m's and years in talks with them, somebody from our legal team would have just emailed or called them to check they didn't intend responding and that the deal was dead, before appearing in front of the press to announce to the world the deal was off.

23 hours ago, phantom said:

Was at cricket with a Rovers fan yesterday he was adamant this Wael chap has more money that Lansdown - he is normally a sensible guy, I am literally astounded that people think this

I had similar on Sunday too, only this Gassy mate was convinced they could stay in situ and redevelop the Mem. He was utterly convinced they wouldn't have to relocate even though his plan was to turn the pitch by 90 degrees!