IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

14 hours ago, Bianconeri said:

Looking at that thread some of the unenlightened ones have now mentioned Cribbs FC (good Western League ground?) and Clifton RFC as potential sites. If I was associated with either of those clubs I'd be practising "not in a million years sunshine" as my response to any "why don't we ground share?" overtures.

That said, both Cribbs and Clifton will be far more solvent than the 15ers. Administration by November?.

Doesn't Bristol Rugby train and operate out of the offices at Clifton Rugby Club? , no room for Gas there then!

12 minutes ago, RedM said:

Doesn't Bristol Rugby train and operate out of the offices at Clifton Rugby Club? , no room for Gas there then!

They (the gas) have pretty much burnt their bridges with all the local teams by pissing them off one way or another, so if they do redevelop the Mem, they are going to struggle to find anywhere to play locally

59 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

They (the gas) have pretty much burnt their bridges with all the local teams by pissing them off one way or another, so if they do redevelop the Mem, they are going to struggle to find anywhere to play locally

I was telling him Forest Green would be their only option as they had upset everyone else, he wouldn't accept he had to move but totally rejected FGR as they are 'too vegan' . After seeing the Barnet fan and his pasty from there on points west last night I think many might feel the same. If anyone saw the BBC piece about FGR first league match hosting Barnet it was quite well done, they found a Barnet fan who said he would eat a vegan pie if they didn't get a win there. He said the ground was in the middle of no where which amused him. They drew so they met up with him afterwards and said he could eat half a pasty, he tried it, said  it was 'disgusting' but still took it away with him! 

12 minutes ago, SimonR said:

What is with the majority of the Sags these days, have they been breeding with Ostriches? Would make a change from family members i suppose.

it's all city's fault............

a few of them are finally seeing through the bullshit but it's too late

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

A rumour (that I've just made up), is that Rovers are going to start charging fans to use the toilets.

Rovers fans are OUTRAGED.

Wally has been quoted as saying 'it's about time fans understood how difficult it is having to go in to football without spending a penny'.

Wow, what a wind up, must go down as classic toilet humour...well done.:clap:

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

A rumour (that I've just made up), is that Rovers are going to start charging fans to use the toilets.

Wally has been quoted as saying 'it's about time fans understood how difficult it is having to go in to football without spending a penny'.

That's the turd time that joke has been used :gasmask:

6 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Or the gas really taking the piss this time.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bianconeri said:

I think you are right. It would not surprise me if Bristol Sport had acquired the site at some point. 

or as the gasheads mentioned, do a deal with UWE and build a Athletics Stadium where the gas were going to be,

11 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

or as the gasheads mentioned, do a deal with UWE and build a Athletics Stadium where the gas were going to be,

That would make perfect sense. The UWE and a world class athletics set up would be great for the region, and just the sort of thing that SL has been trying to do. With the added bonus of really pissing off the squatters and making Wael look anything but a billionaire .

2 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

That would make perfect sense. The UWE and a world class athletics set up would be great for the region, and just the sort of thing that SL has been trying to do. With the added bonus of really pissing off the squatters and making Wael look anything but a billionaire .

It would be great but must ensure the middle bit is fully used every Saturday otherwise the caravans will be lurking outside waiting for a chance to get in there and claim it.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bianconeri said:

I think you are right. It would not surprise me if Bristol Sport had acquired the site at some point. 

Bristol Rugby are progressing their own plans for a new training ground near ours at Failand (they were given planning permission in April) so I'd presume that would be the end of their usage of Clifton Rugby.

http://wam.n-somerset.gov.uk/MULTIWAM/showCaseFile.do;jsessionid=3286B09356AEA00A767B661CAEF18C3E?action=show&appType=Planning&appNumber=16/P/2607/F

23 hours ago, myol'man said:

I see the milkman is getting involved again;

"Let us be realistic. The redevelopment of the Men did not give a decent financial return to support the investment. The UWE stadium did but it is a leasehold. ( which can be renewed many times over) I suspect Dwayne Sport wanted freehold but in my eyes the value of the stadium for another purchaser is in the revenue returns as long as you have a renewable lease option. A new stadium elsewhere would be more exensive than UWE and planning will be a challenge. Dwayne Sports should not dismiss UWE so quickly and carry on negotiations to resolve their differences. Leasehold and freehold can be on a par financially if the revenue streams are there."

Which is worth more , a gold Rolex or a bottle of gold top?

I think Mr Dunford is spot on there.

4 hours ago, myol'man said:

@bert tann have you noticed the milkman getting involved again? Hidden agenda? Takeover bid? Free milk with every pastie?  :gasmask:

Geoffrey is concerned because he knows how business works. Unlike other football club owners he wasn't given a good education and then found a sinecure within the family company where he could indulge his outside interests with, apparently, no serious executive responsibilities. Geoffrey played an important role in developing his family's dairy and then took part in a series of other successful ventures. He may not be everyone's cup of tea but he is no mug apart from his inaccurate spelling of Dwain Sports.

Had the Al-Qadi family used their own cash to provide the credit facility one could imagine them handing Bristol Rovers FC  back to Nicholas and Barry Microwave but keeping ownership of the stadium and leasing it back to the club at an acceptable rate. But if, as seems likely, the whole £10 million  was borrowed, then they would have to charge Rovers  upwards of £500 000 per year just to break even on the interest payments. So it would be back to square one with Rovers paying an unsustainable rent for a dilapidated stadium and needing annual subsidies in excess of £1 million from it's owners.

Edited by bert tann

4 minutes ago, bert tann said:

Geoffrey is concerned because he knows how business works. Unlike other football club owners he wasn't given a good education and then found a sinecure within the family company where he could indulge his outside interests with, apparently, no serious executive responsibilities. Geoffrey played an important role in developing his family's dairy and then took part in a series of other successful ventures. He may not be everyone's cup of tea but he is no mug apart from his inaccurate spelling of Dwain Sports.

Had the Al-Qadi family used their own cash to provide the credit facility one could imagine them handing Bristol Rovers FC  back to Nicholas and Barry Microwave but keeping ownership of the stadium and leasing it back to the club at an acceptable rate. But if, as seems likely, the whole £10 million  was borrowed, then they would have to charge Rovers  upwards of £500 000 per year just to break even on the interest payments. So it would be back to square one with Rovers paying an unsustainable rent for a dilapidated stadium and needing annual subsidies in excess of £1 million from it's owners.

So, long story short... this is a property deal gone bad.

As predicted on here a few months after they took over.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Well they often chant "The Shit The Shit we gotta get rid of The Shit " do they think it gets rid of itself? Costs money..

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

So, long story short... this is a property deal gone bad.

As predicted on here a few months after they took over.

Yes, I imagine many wealthy families would take pleasure in indulging the passions of a younger member who hadn't quite managed to find a niche for himself.

Especially when it  seemed they could do so backed by a real estate investment and with no financial risk to themselves.

The information in the company accounts and the documents lodged at Companies House are highly revealing but I think the programme made in Jordan by  BBC Bristol was crucial in order to gain a full understanding of the situation.

2 minutes ago, bert tann said:

Yes, I imagine many wealthy families would take pleasure in indulging the passions of a younger member who hadn't quite managed to find a niche for himself.

Especially when it  seemed they could do so backed by a real estate investment and with no financial risk to themselves.

The information in the company accounts and the documents lodged at Companies House are highly revealing but I think the programme made in Jordan by  BBC Bristol was crucial in order to gain a full understanding of the situation.

You'll have to explain that last paragraph to me, even trying to read between the lines doesn't tell me enough.

20 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

Area of search should be preferably, just somewhere in the Far Middle East. 

The news almost daily shows areas of land near large centres of population that is available  for redevelopment. It won't cost a bomb either; (that's already been dropped).