IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

You'll have to explain that last paragraph to me, even trying to read between the lines doesn't tell me enough.

You will have to look at that BBC Bristol documentary (if you can find it) and make your own mind up.

The aim appeared to be to kneel at the feet of the family,  find out more about them and confirm the euphoria following the takeover was justified. 

Listening to those interviewed the impression I gained was that someone had been given many opportunities but (putting in kindly) had not managed to find their own niche and now at last they had.

Hopefully ! 

I expect the truth of this is that it was a poor deal for the blue few as the only way they could afford it was if all the revenue from the stadium and ancillary bits except tickets was staying with the landlord (or sold in advance in the form of very long term franchises).  Higgs spoke of the club being debt free afterwards, which was extremely suspect given the gap between the money Sainsbury's were planning to put up and the build cost.

10 minutes ago, bert tann said:

You will have to look at that BBC Bristol documentary (if you can find it) and make your own mind up.

The aim appeared to be to kneel at the feet of the family,  find out more about them and confirm the euphoria following the takeover was justified. 

Listening to those interviewed the impression I gained was that someone had been given many opportunities but (putting in kindly) had not managed to find their own niche and now at last they had.

Hopefully ! 

Sounds very much like the Russian who bought his son the TVR car company (after buying him a number of other businesses that he ruined, with a similar pattern).

Maybe Paul Scally at Gillingham is a wiser man than I thought.

6 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

That would make perfect sense. The UWE and a world class athletics set up would be great for the region, and just the sort of thing that SL has been trying to do. With the added bonus of really pissing off the squatters and making Wael look anything but a billionaire .

And a Western / Southern League side playing in the middle? Dream away tie in the cup for the sags.

6 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

Bristol Rugby are progressing their own plans for a new training ground near ours at Failand (they were given planning permission in April) so I'd presume that would be the end of their usage of Clifton Rugby.

http://wam.n-somerset.gov.uk/MULTIWAM/showCaseFile.do;jsessionid=3286B09356AEA00A767B661CAEF18C3E?action=show&appType=Planning&appNumber=16/P/2607/F

Ta, bit out of touch with these things. If I was at Clifton RFC I'd be very worried about squatters

He inherited what he bought - he thought it was a ridiculously cheap purchase and with a bit of backing get a decent stadium and then get some easy revenue off the top every week, then build a hotel/shops etc and cream even more off pretty much risk free. Now he is in the position of losing 30k per week for God knows how long... well until he leaves I guess.

Even the most rose tinted who thought this was a 'negotiation tactic', or that another site had been lined up must surely realise they're screwed now.

I take it the charge on the Mem will be removed within the next month then,as many on asschat thought that was to help fund UWE?

On 03/08/2017 at 20:35, Up The City! said:

The Dolman redevelopment was planned and executed brilliantly. Im not trying to take anything away from the achievement but we paid them to do a job and they did what we asked, pretty much flawlessly. We enjoyed such a flawless construction because we were able to pay for a top class firm to deliver the project, the sags couldn't do this.

The only issue with the LS was the required 14 month build time.

The Memorial will have far greater challenges than we faced. Construction traffic access, keeping the ground open during the work, nearby houses, and most importantly the very tight space. We had far more space to work with than they have, and was able to keep the stadium open, something im not sure they could.

Im not even sure rotating the stadium would give much more space and that would present a million more problems.

They could solve their problems by building undeground where they naturally live anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, sirscrumpton said:

I shit you not, a gas head mate just posted this.

"Wherever we end up playing in the future in needs to have the potential to be expanded beyond 25k. We can't limit our progress."

I might suggest he's just reached the limit of his delusion....

The full interview from Wally ... UWE totally dead, the Mem is going to be developed into a world class stadium (the people designing it have built 12 stadia ... yes 12!)  ... and seems as though Horfield will be in permanent gridlock when they reach the Premiership

.... although he does look as though he is about to burst out laughing at any moment, all the way through the interview

10 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

The full interview from Wally ... UWE totally dead, the Mem is going to be developed into a world class stadium (the people designing it have built 12 stadia ... yes 12!)  ... and seems as though Horfield will be in permanent gridlock when they reach the Premiership

.... although he does look as though he is about to burst out laughing at any moment, all the way through the interview

Hmmm he's about as convincing as a second hand car salesman at the end when asked about the rumours of stopping further funding. And he as good as confirmed that parties remain unpaid but refers to contractual problems resulting in lack of pay. 

I have only had time to listen to the first couple of minutes of that interview but I picked up on a couple of things. He implies that the family have pulled the rug from him, "The Family own Dwayne Sports", the statement came from Dwayne Sports, it's the family money invested but a protected investment. He doesn't go on to say how the charge on the mem protects their investment, but clearly there is only one way that could be realised, even the most gullible gasheads must be starting to see how dodgy this whole thing is starting to look for them.

I skipped to the end to see what @pride of the west was alluding to, and the evasiveness of his answers should be chilling for their fans. He doesn't say that the non-payment of contractors is because of contractual disputes, he just holds it up as an example to deflect the question. He doesn't say at any point that the funding by Dwayne Sports (lets finally put to bed the idea that he himself has any real money) will continue.

If the "world class stadium builders" have indeed been engaged, I would imagine they are asking for as much of their fees up front as they can get.

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1