IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

So the family aren't willing to pay the extra to get UWE over the line when they would be getting around 15-20 million for the sale of the mem....yet people think they will spend their own money on a decent mem redevelopment with nothing to sell to raise funds!?! Wake up!!....best EVER chance to take club forward up in smoke.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

The full interview from Wally ... UWE totally dead, the Mem is going to be developed into a world class stadium (the people designing it have built 12 stadia ... yes 12!)  ... and seems as though Horfield will be in permanent gridlock when they reach the Premiership

.... although he does look as though he is about to burst out laughing at any moment, all the way through the interview

FUNDING ?.........You would expect an immediate ",,of course there'll be funding!" Instead we got a very telling couple of seconds silence .   Good luck with all this, sags !

The start confused me a bit - he says about the charge not being a loan, but then says it is a registered loan. Then says "the charge on the Mem is a sensible move, and we did that to protect our investment". VERY ODD!!

The bit at the end when he's asked if funding is still there is pretty conclusive to me. The big pause, and then brings up what he has done the last 18 months (the charge against the Mem has made that near risk free hasn't it), BUT then to actually say "in business if there is a dispute it doesn't mean there is no funding, if it's a contractual thing maybe people haven't been paid for a certain reason". To me the rumours of people not being paid etc has pretty much just been confirmed.

If I was a blue, I would be really worried after watching and listening to that. 

I've seen Clifton RFC's name chucked around on here as an option for the sags. I don't know how many people have been there but I've seen a number of Bristol Rugby friendlies there and there is absolutely zero infrastructure for any sort of immediate ground share. 

While there is a decent amount of land there (probably the equivalent of 5 full size pitches) it is way out in the sticks and parking for a few hundred cars would be a nightmare let alone those that come with 6 or 7 thousand fans.

As for a redeveloped Mem, that's been on the cards in various forms for decades and no one has come up with a sensible proposal due to the footprint of the ground. The thought of 'world class' stadium developers producing anything of note there is frankly laughable. At best I believe they'd be looking at an all seated capacity in the region of 14k max. Still, the sprinklers and curtains would be world class.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

He says that the charge against the mem was to protect their investment as you never know what could happen in business. Hmmm. 

In real talk then, the charge was placed on the asset to prevent other creditors getting their mits on it first when they're not paid. 

In business terms that means if UWE falls trough we'll sell the mem to get our investment back.........oh dear

10 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

thegasfc said:
Underestimated the attendance. I'd say 6k here.

4,114 according to the beeb..

Made me laugh 

It's easy to under/over estimate an attendance by 10/20% but to try and claim there are 50% more than there actually are, is a skill that only the most deluded fan base can master. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

The full interview from Wally ... UWE totally dead, the Mem is going to be developed into a world class stadium (the people designing it have built 12 stadia ... yes 12!)  ... and seems as though Horfield will be in permanent gridlock when they reach the Premiership

.... although he does look as though he is about to burst out laughing at any moment, all the way through the interview

A world class Subuteo stadium, is about all they've got space for at the Mem. 

1 hour ago, B block said:

No plan of the design

no money to fund it

no planning in place

debt accumulating at 1.5 million a year

i can't see them surviving, their one bad season from oblivion

They really could be!

Lets Imagine for a moment that the land making up the Mem was even big enough to redevelop on. (Which it isn't and that's not going to change)

It arguably costs more money to redevelop than to build new. Look how much SL has just spent to rebuild 2 stands and refurbish one other. £50million!

They don't even have the asset of the Mem as a foundation anymore, because of Wally's charge on it, which swallows up pretty much all of the equity. 

Unless they get some real, serious, substantial investment, then they can look forward to nothing more than "world class" tents, nice clean carpets and the occasional odd new set of curtains, for some time to come..! 

8 hours ago, pride of the west said:

Hmmm he's about as convincing as a second hand car salesman at the end when asked about the rumours of stopping further funding. And he as good as confirmed that parties remain unpaid but refers to contractual problems resulting in lack of pay. 

When SL announced that Ashton Vale was dead and we'd be redeveloping Ashton Gate, didn't he also present this little ditty, to show us what he had in mind, and explain how he'd be selling 3% of his Hargreaves Lansdown shares to pay for it...? 

18 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

It's easy to under/over estimate an attendance by 10/20% but to try and claim there are 50% more than there actually are, is a skill that only the most deluded fan base can master. 

I remember when Colin Howlett would regularly overestimate the number of gas at an away match

"Oh, there must be nearly 2,000 R*vers fans here"

When the actual figure was nearer 500 :facepalm:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

They really could be!

Lets Imagine for a moment that the land making up the Mem was even big enough to redevelop on. (Which it isn't and that's not going to change)

It arguably costs more money to redevelop than to build new. Look how much SL has just spent to rebuild 2 stands and refurbish one other. £50million!

They don't even have the asset of the Mem as a foundation anymore, because of Wally's charge on it, which swallows up pretty much all of the equity. 

Unless they get some real, serious, substantial investment, then they can look forward to nothing more than "world class" tents, nice clean carpets and the occasional odd new set of curtains, for some time to come..! 

Can anyone see Wally stumping up say 30+ million (at a low guess), if, as believed he hasn't got the funds, who exactly will want to invest in it?? If true that he was after investors for a decent new UWE stadium and he couldn't get it, what chance does he have for the Mem?

13 minutes ago, wood_red said:

Can anyone see Wally stumping up say 30+ million (at a low guess), if, as believed he hasn't got the funds, who exactly will want to invest in it?? If true that he was after investors for a decent new UWE stadium and he couldn't get it, what chance does he have for the Mem?

Ask Daddy for some more pocket money?

The blue few should be very worried, they are in real trouble. To have a family holding a charge over the freehold property who have ZERO interest in the club and just in it for the business, at some point they will want to call in their "loan"? Who is going to subsidise the £1.5m a year loss? How long before its in negative equity?Does anyone else see Dwayne sports just calling in their debt. selling the rugby ground, and running away? IF I was a blue I'd be very worried about the lack of conviction the Wally had in this interview, very worried. Can see it ending in tears for them and laughter and mocking from us.

As an afterthought maybe SL could buy the charge from Dwayne sports, sell the mem, make them homeless (again)..............

1 minute ago, grubby said:

The blue few should be very worried, they are in real trouble. To have a family holding a charge over the freehold property who have ZERO interest in the club and just in it for the business, at some point they will want to call in their "loan"? Who is going to subsidise the £1.5m a year loss? How long before its in negative equity?Does anyone else see Dwayne sports just calling in their debt. selling the rugby ground, and running away? IF I was a blue I'd be very worried about the lack of conviction the Wally had in this interview, very worried. Can see it ending in tears for them and laughter and mocking from us.

As an afterthought maybe SL could buy the charge from Dwayne sports, sell the mem, make them homeless (again)..............

That would be the sort of thing they would try to do to us..... lets not stoop to their level...

• Like 1

Exactly - "business, business, business". Thought the stadium was a done deal and would be making easy guaranteed income from them. Be interesting to see what 20pence asks him on Saturday, and what answers with actual substance he comes up with.

Wael hasn't yet had first-hand experience of the difficulties attached to gaining planning permission in Bristol generally and specifically, in the Gloucester Road area. I think that the NIMBY's will already be sharpening their pencils and drawing up battle plans. He'll be foolish if he thinks that he'll be able to substantially redevelop that site without a prolonged fight.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Wael hasn't yet had first-hand experience of the difficulties attached to gaining planning permission in Bristol generally and specifically, in the Gloucester Road area. I think that the NIMBY's will already be sharpening their pencils and drawing up battle plans. He'll be foolish if he thinks that he'll be able to substantially redevelop that site without a prolonged fight.

A ready made excuse me thinks. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, B block said:

No plan of the design

no money to fund it

no planning in place

debt accumulating at 1.5 million a year

i can't see them surviving, their one bad season from oblivion

If 7.5 million of the secured 10 million credit facility has already been spent, then you could argue that they are one good season away from avoiding oblivion, given they are losing 1.5 million a season anyway.

They need a good cup run as a minimum.

I don't believe for one second that the Al Qadis would've touched the Gas with a shitty stick if it hadn't have been for the prospect (or so they thought) of a brand new stadium with fantastic transport links on the edge of one of Britains largest City's being part of the deal.

Despite what they think inside their tiny peanut brains, the club just isn't anything special. 

If this isn't part of some elaborate bluff I'd been very worried if I was a Gashead. Redeveloping the Mem sounds desperate, how do they expect to make money from that idea? Unlike Lansdown and City they clearly don't have the funds or the space to build a large, impressive stadium like AG. Surely they'd be restricted to a sub 20k capacity plus they've also lost the extra revenue that the Rugby club provides.

Unlike Lansdown they've also failed to show any real ambition in their dealings so far. Clearly Rovers fans were writing cheques the AlQs couldn't cash when they were bragging about outspending SL and multi million £ signings last Spring. 

I wonder if any of the idiots on Slagchat will have the guts to admit that (at this moment in time) it appears Bert Tann was right to be sceptical? 

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan

From the shots below , we had room for the SS and Lansdown to expand. The Atyeo was already revamped to a point and the Dolman structure was already there. It allowed for the 2 new builds plus the work on the Dolman to be done and keep the stadium open.
I'm no expert, but looking at their site , I imagine their ground would have to be flattened and built from scratch to maximise the space, which would be limited. Either turning it 90 degrees or at least centring it on the site. So they have to move for a year 18 months and pay rent and build a stadium which minimum cost is £1000 a seat. The only plus that the revamp has is all revenue would be for the club, UWE would have been a joint venture, but that's a hell of a lot of pies to recoup your £20m , sorry world class stadium so nearer £45m .

36062731890_2f34371a39_b.jpg36062732180_6269ece17d_b.jpg

2 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I don't believe for one second that the Al Qadis would've touched the Gas with a shitty stick if it hadn't have been for the prospect (or so they thought) of a brand new stadium with fantastic transport links on the edge of one of Britains largest City's being part of the deal.

Despite what they think inside their tiny peanut brains, the club just isn't anything special. 

If this isn't part of some elaborate bluff I'd been very worried if I was a Gashead. Redeveloping the Mem sounds desperate, how do they expect to make money from that idea? Unlike Lansdown and City they clearly don't have the funds or the space to build a large, impressive stadium like AG. Surely they'd be restricted to a sub 20k capacity plus they've also lost the extra revenue that the Rugby club provides.

Unlike Lansdown they've also failed to show any real ambition in their dealings so far. Clearly Rovers fans were writing cheques the AlQs couldn't cash when they were bragging about outspending SL and multi million £ signings last Spring. 

I wonder if any of the idiots on Slagchat will have the guts to admit that (at this moment in time) Bert Tann was right to be sceptical? 

Not a chance. Bert Tann is a Ted :blink:. And wally is a hero. Clueless