IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

5 hours ago, Gashead2017 said:

Not interested but your posting within a minute of my post! Although being near you is somewhat different than being miles away which could well now happen, in my view Bristol would be an even more boring CIty without the football rivalry.   

What rivalry?.

That last league game between us was over 16 years ago. Rovers have won 1 league game and 1 FL trophy game in the past 21 years.

What rivalry?.

13 hours ago, B block said:

Why stop at 20000, plan big and aim for the stars !

Wael commented that the Mem site is exactly the same as that for Evertons 40,157 Goodison park.
which has a record attendance of over 78,000 !....imagine that on Filton avenue .
Goodison has housing right around the ground.

The amateurism continues from the top, then.  

Everton are planning to move (have a site, planning permission, finance, no NIMBY opposition) because Goodison Park is cramped and is from a bygone age.  There would be no planning permission and overwhelming NIMBY opposition if they set out to use the site to expand or build from scratch on now, in 2017.  

The housing has sprung around the stadium over the last 100+ years, it did not happen in vice-versa. 

Besides, Everton would not be stupid or desperate enough to want to do such a thing.  Ideas were actually mooted to redevelop the site before their genuinely wealthy financial backer arrived but deemed a complete non-starter.

It's a desperately poor attempt to clutch at straws by Wael, if that's what he's said.

12 hours ago, Super said:

:facepalm:

Anyone remember the ol' "no-one will talk about Bristol Rovers anymore" from Lansdown?

How's that going for ya, Steve?

I sometimes feel a bit detached from the hierarchy and corporate side of things at AG these days but that comment from SL was a great leveller for me!  Despite his wealth and level of responsibility, Stevie L still has the time to put the boot into the gas.

Edited by WTFiGO!?!

3 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

I'm 22.I have a younger sister who will be 10 in March.

She knows of Bristol City and has seen Ashton Gate.

She has been and watched Bristol Manor Farm.

She has never heard of Bristol Rovers.

Try and be a better brother 

tell her about the horable little club in horfield 

And she should stay well clear of them

just because the have tents and clowns 

it's not the circus she may think it is 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 04/08/2017 at 17:32, Coombsy said:

ut think landsdown has been sniffing around this or will be prepared to jump in now it's all gone Pete tong, this is right up his Street being involved with the student population and UWE infrastructure, Bristol rugby need somewhere permanent to play plus the women's football team.

Read more:  http://gasheads.org/thread/6614/oh-club-site#ixzz4onigyLQy

What makes you think that Bristol Rugby have nowhere permanent to play? Are you in some sort of state of denial that City and Bris share Ashton Gate? 

13 hours ago, Maesknoll Red said:

You bloody teasers......  what, I have been waiting since 1982 to see them fold and disappear, do I have to wait much longer?  Imagine them gone and how in a few years that would benefit City, no way would I expect any diehards to come over, but as time passes, if there was genuinely one team in Bristol......... oh stop, I can't think about it anymore :) 

Oblivion on the horizon for Rovers?

The sooner the better.:yes:

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Gashead2017 said:

Not interested but your posting within a minute of my post! Although being near you is somewhat different than being miles away which could well now happen, in my view Bristol would be an even more boring CIty without the football rivalry.   

Unless you've missed it, there hasn't been proper 'rivalry' for years. Because you simply haven't been good enough, both on and off the pitch.

And if you don't like the fact that we're light years, and i mean light years, in front of you and that makes it boring for you, then do the decent thing - MOVE!

Edited by BanburyRed

6 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

Unless you've missed it, there hasn't been proper 'rivalry' for years. Because you simply haven't been good enough, both on and off the pitch.

And if you don't like the fact that we're light years, and i mean light years, in front of you and that makes it boring for you, then do the decent thing - MOVE!

Anyone, yet again, would be lead to believe that it is someone else's fault the sags haven't been able to provide a proper rivalry for 17 years, wouldn't they?  This now apparently makes Bristol "even more boring".  

That's today's instalment of #gaslogic for us:- it's always someone else's fault, from failing to beat 10 men in 84 minutes to Bristol being boring due to no football rivalry.

46 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Indeed.

Only one more year and the gap can legally go out on the piss in town with its mates.

We need to have a happy 18th for 'The gap' you've made a brilliant suggestion.

Buying the gap their first legal pint would be fantastic.

I wonder if Thatchers or Butcombe would do a commemorative brew for us!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Coombsy said:

Try and be a better brother 

tell her about the horable little club in horfield 

And she should stay well clear of them

just because the have tents and clowns 

it's not the circus she may think it is 

And how could @JamesBCFC be so cruel and heartless to deprive a child of the never to be forgotten Yuletide experience that is Santa`s Grotto?

For shame!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, st andrews gas said:

We will not go away- you know it. You've managed to live  with our presence up to now..and we of course just want to see you suffer- I admit we have had/are getting more than a fair share of suffering, but we are used to it.Makes yours when it comes all the more satisfying...

So....are you expecting us to suffer the humiliation of dropping out of the entire League soon then?

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, st andrews gas said:

We will not go away- you know it. You've managed to live  with our presence up to now..and we of course just want to see you suffer- I admit we have had/are getting more than a fair share of suffering, but we are used to it.Makes yours when it comes all the more satisfying...

I'm suffering...still would if you were playing on the Downs. The day your Mickey Mouse thieving tinpot club goes into liquidation and is not even remembered that suffering will end...

• Like 3
  • Sad 1