IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 minutes ago, cynic said:

Wally says finding is not an issue.

But there are no plans yet so costs are unknown.

I suppose if you don't know the costs, then funding isn't an issue - but it will become an issue once the costs are identified... 

Bloke is a bullshitter.

Yep: he cant make any claim regards funding if he doesn't know what it's going to cost. Farcical. He is the Diane Abbott of Football owners.

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Cobbsoldun said:

I'm suffering...still would if you were playing on the Downs. The day your Mickey Mouse thieving tinpot club goes into liquidation and is not even remembered that suffering will end...

Anger management /divorce has been known to work...good luck with it..Now I have said that which I wanted to and have a match to watch..

Edited by st andrews gas
punctuation

5 minutes ago, st andrews gas said:

Anger management /divorce has been known to work...good luck with it..Now I have said that which I wanted to and have a match to watch..

....and a funny looking tent to sit in whilst you watch it.

22 minutes ago, st andrews gas said:

God willing...yes...

IF there's a God...he clearly isn't a Gashead.

17 minutes ago, cynic said:

Wally says funding is not an issue.

But there are no plans yet so costs are unknown.

I suppose if you don't know the costs, then funding isn't an issue - but it will become an issue once the costs are identified... 

Bloke is a bullshitter.

Like the Top 6 budget they announced... without knowing what the budget of the other clubs was. Basically is was a smoke and mirrors way of saying 'anyone good we will be out bid on' - so get used to it.

To give the dog fiddler his due he didn't blame the referee this week, just mumbled a bunch of cliches about hard work and admitted they're miles off being a play off contender.  I expect the stadium news, the shite performances and the lack of any real investment from the trillionaire owners will see him looking to find another club in a few weeks time.  How I will laugh.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Club and Country said:

Had one off them in the pub last night telling me there would be 12,000 there today 

and also comparing there support at brum to ours today

every time I came back just called me a glory hunter...

they really are a rare breed 

Birmingham for them is like Man Utd for us in terms of draw though, plus easy caravanning distance.

I bet they were full to the rafters at the mem today with about 10k locked out again?  That new stadium can't come soon enough.

What I really can't fathom out is how so many, well about 8000 odd can be taken in by a bloke with a nice watch and they really think watch man will pump in millions of his own money to do up the rugby ground and they really do believe it, some gas I know are really buzzing thinking they will have the best stadium in Bristol in a couple of years time and that UWE wasn't any good for them, I ALMOST feel sorry for them, they really are an odd bunch, they lost 4-1 today but if we had lost 5-1 they would have been happy, just about sums them up

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Rudolf Hucker said:

9758 (incl 293 Posh fans and Ted's in the away end)

Crikey, let's hope they're going for a 26k capacity with that new build then?  Or was it 35k?  I'm sure I remember reading one of the six fingered window lickers mentioning that they'd get 20k in league one when they had that so you have to allow for some decent growth when they get promoted to the Champion's league in a few weeks time.

(I'm actually surprised at how high that is but I guess it was their first home game and it will be a one off).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Crikey, let's hope they're going for a 26k capacity with that new build then?  Or was it 35k?  I'm sure I remember reading one of the six fingered window lickers mentioning that they'd get 20k in league one when they had that so you have to allow for some decent growth when they get promoted to the Champion's league in a few weeks time.

(I'm actually surprised at how high that is but I guess it was their first home game and it will be a one off).

It would have been sold out twice over if it hadn't been for that pesky balloon fiesta ...

• Like 2

The gap between the Championship and that league is growing, even forgetting for a minute the utterly laughable lot over the river, less than 300 away fans on a Saturday 3pm kick off just wouldn't happen at our level, even Burton would bring more than that.