IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

37 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Crikey, let's hope they're going for a 26k capacity with that new build then?  Or was it 35k?  I'm sure I remember reading one of the six fingered window lickers mentioning that they'd get 20k in league one when they had that so you have to allow for some decent growth when they get promoted to the Champion's league in a few weeks time.

(I'm actually surprised at how high that is but I guess it was their first home game and it will be a one off).

They all must have turned out to cheer Wally to the rafters for taking on the might of the UWE evil empire and winning.

didnt go today and ended up at a carboot in bristol . chatting to gas head i know who told me they would win today and watching them tuesday was like watching brazil. this guy is in his 50,s and should no better anyway pissed myself laughing and even more when i looked on sky and they were 3 0 down . there fans are somthing else !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

1 hour ago, weepywall said:

What I really can't fathom out is how so many, well about 8000 odd can be taken in by a bloke with a nice watch and they really think watch man will pump in millions of his own money to do up the rugby ground and they really do believe it, some gas I know are really buzzing thinking they will have the best stadium in Bristol in a couple of years time and that UWE wasn't any good for them, I ALMOST feel sorry for them, they really are an odd bunch, they lost 4-1 today but if we had lost 5-1 they would have been happy, just about sums them up

They'd put a spin on how good it was to lose 4-1 at home!

I'll start......" That's good, don't put early pressure on us "   :P

23 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Get yourself over to SlagChat they are proper upset.

Not just about the result, but about EVERYTHING!

Love the one on there about the pasty hut being closed today because it has been condemned..:clapping:

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Love the one on there about the pasty hut being closed today because it has been condemned..:clapping:

That's too funny. At what point does the hilarity reach critical mass and become nonsensically surreal and just not funny any more?

I don't know about you, but about this time of night I like to slip a petri dish under a squirrel.  

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

9758 (incl 293 Posh fans and Ted's in the away end)

I'm surprised at that many PUFC fans. On Tuesday night they watched their team lose 3-1 at home to Barnet in the League Cup.

Just a thought and using gas logic. Last week P'boro' beat Plymouth 2-1. City then beat Plymouth 5-0. Therefore that equates to City seven - gas one?

9 hours ago, cynic said:

They have pasty huts ?

How quaint :yes:

They had "huts", but according to a blue fewer one was condemned, so they now have just the one hut..

3 hours ago, harrys said:

Please tell me you are joking about a "condemned pasty hut" oh the gift

Nope, it was on a thread there, the one about Wael's interview on Radio Bristol, I think.

They are even under the Urban Dictionary definition of Tinpot.....

Tinpot

A term used to describe something that is either of low quality, has a poor reputation or is unknown altogether, has an insignificant history or any combination of the aforementioned. The term is often used to describe English football (that's soccer to our Yankee & Aussie friends) clubs that occupy the lower reaches of the English footballing pyramid. These clubs are characterised by;

a) Terrible quality of football, often of amateur and semi-professional standards and occassionally even pub side quality, 
b) Very small fanbases resulting in low attendance figures and small travelling crowds (away support in football parlance), 
c) Diminutive and often run-down stadiums with poor amenities (portable toilets in place of functioning bathrooms), minimal seating and cover, often resulting in spectators being exposed to the harsh conditions of the English weather, 
d) A baren trophy cabinet, or if they are lucky, a handful of local cups on a shelf that nobody outside of the club has heard of, 
e) A shocking bank balance as the clubs just about manage to pay the bills. However, in recent years more often than not the clubs end up in administration, 
f) Having to go back to 1927 to find an occassion or person that would be deemed to be notweorthy in the world of English football. Often, upon coming across a fan of a more reputable club, they will eagerly tell said fan of their grand days of the 1927/28 season in an attempt to make their club seem relevant,

''Last Tuesday night we was away to tinpot Bristol Rovers and as usual we was confined to the open terraces of the East Stand, exposed to the pissing rain and lashing winds. It was grim as ****, made only worse by the excuse of a football game we witnessed along with 3,000 other miserable fans.'' - said the fan of equally tinpot Southend United to his mate.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

_90292950_rexfeatures_5674976m.jpg

What are they sticking up Dopey's arse?

7 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

They are even under the Urban Dictionary definition of Tinpot.....

''Last Tuesday night we was away to tinpot Bristol Rovers and as usual we was confined to the open terraces of the East Stand, exposed to the pissing rain and lashing winds. It was grim as ****, made only worse by the excuse of a football game we witnessed along with 3,000 other miserable fans.'' - said the fan of equally tinpot Southend United to his mate.

Bit harsh on Southend.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Here ya go...

oldgas Avatar
oldgas
Fans' Favourite
14 hours ago
bravefart, gasandelectricity, and 1 more like this
I sometimes wonder what it will take to drag this effing club into the 21st century. I thought the take-over would sort things out but we still appear to be run like a Sunday league side.

Today, as we approached half time my lad announced he wanted a hot chocolate. Rather than say no and endure endless whining for the rest of the match I decided to go straight to the 2 huts behind the East Terrace and get him one before the half-time rush. When I walked down the steps from the Dribuild seats I saw this queue snaking from ONE open refreshments hut. I joined the end of the queue and got served about 10 mins into half time. 

I asked the girl behind the counter why the other hut was closed and she told me it had been condemned and had to be pulled down. So, it can't have escaped the powers that be that the hut was a shithole that wasn't fit for purpose. They've had a 2 month break, plenty of time to replace said hut but no, they are quite content to let CUSTOMERS wait in line for refreshments for a goodly length of time when they've paid good money to watch the football.

That says to me that the club really couldn't give a flying **** about their CUSTOMERS, and as result I'll bet a good number of customers thought "**** this, I'm not queuing all this time for a poxy tea and pasty" and went without.

Well done Rovers, another opportunity to p1ss people off and lose money in the process well and truly grasped!

Thinking about it, I'd like to amend my opening sentence to the 20th century. As a club we're many years away from that landmark.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

19 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Here ya go...

11 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

He will get called a "ted" and get a banning order for those remarks. 

But yet another one for the gift list. How can a league club have pie stands condemned? And then not even bother to replace it.

Ted! Mods? Move please? Ban! Sheed! Dirty Ted!