IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

9 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Anybody see this interview or is it safe to assume this is just another load of old Gas bullshit that one of them has made up....like the disabled fan supposedly getting his teeth knocked out in Ashton Gate?

Well, it's almost correct. Apart from the actual bit they're getting wound up about...

Screenshot_20170824-000640.png

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Anybody see this interview or is it safe to assume this is just another load of old Gas bullshit that one of them has made up....like the disabled fan supposedly getting his teeth knocked out in Ashton Gate?

So basically he's smiled and said Bristol Rovers. But they've turned it into something else. Absolute belters . Let's see the proof of LJ saying it . And if he did say it . Then good for him 

8 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Yet more BS from the sags, one of his mates told him LJ was being interviewed and was asked who he'd want in the next round of the cup to which LJ supposedly replied 'someone easy like Rovers'.

literally believe any old BS they are told.

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/10562/arseh-le

Henbury gas again?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

So basically he's smiled and said Bristol Rovers. But they've turned it into something else. Absolute belters . Let's see the proof of LJ saying it . And if he did say it . Then good for him 

But why wouldn't you want to draw the lowest ranked team left on the competition?  Seems a perfectly obvious response to me.

• Like 1

LJ smirked and said "Tinpot bin dipping rag ass Rovers away please. Really looking forward to going to that delapitated cess pit with it's gazebo's, plastic chairs, cricket pavilion and condemned pasty shack. I have heard that Wally splashed out on a Rag....sorry....RUG Doctor from Asda to clean their carpets in preparation for their cup final against us and I am just can't wait to see just how effective their championship ready sprinklers are. I was going to take my kids along as Bristol Rovers are family club but they are scared that Santas Grotty might be there and I don't want them to be subjected to hearing racist abuse, animal cruelty, pilfering and mindless thuggery like punching our players in the back of our own net and attacking their own stewards. I like to be honest and don't want my kids to witness bear faced lying about Rovers being the victims and blaming everyone else for everything. Obviously the state of their pitch will be a concern as their fans can't seem to keep off of pitches. Although we would be playing just across town on a Tuesday or Wednesday evening we would have to leave for the Minimal at 6am just to get through their massive following of which no doubt many thousands will end up locked out. We'll win obviously and I am confident that Matty Taylor can officially be welcomed to Bristol by both sets of fans? Hopefully by the end of the match we'll be ordering celebratory drinks whereas Rovers fans will be picking up their usual orders.....banning orders. Heh heh heh"

Edited by Cheesleysmate
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

9 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Just seen on BBC twitter. Bristol rovers drawn away to Wolves , who they haven't played since 1992 . This must be fake news , rovers are massive . Oh no that's right , they haven't been in the second tier for 25 years :laughcont:

but wolves were in the third tier in 2014, such a massive club with huge fan base can''t of been any lower then that surely?

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Yet more BS from the sags, one of his mates told him LJ was being interviewed and was asked who he'd want in the next round of the cup to which LJ supposedly replied 'someone easy like Rovers'.

literally believe any old BS they are told.

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/10562/arseh-le

When they come up with these barefaced lies or exaggerations its funny that its always "my mate overheard someone say" or "was down the shop and Bob from the newsagent heard a women near the garage say". Its never them its always from another source like a third party. Never from the poster themselves ;)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cotham Brow Red said:

When they come up with these barefaced lies or exaggerations its funny that its always "my mate overheard someone say" or "was down the shop and Bob from the newsagent heard a women near the garage say". Its never them its always from another source like a third party. Never from the poster themselves ;)

"I was getting my computer fixed the other day ..."

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

9 hours ago, El Hombrecito said:

Well, it's almost correct. Apart from the actual bit they're getting wound up about...

Screenshot_20170824-000640.png

Yeah, ******* hell!...I can see why they'd get so worked up by that...LJ grinned and said "Bristol Rovers" Savage!

Still, it's not like they haven't got form for exaggeration and bullshit...

• Like 1

For all the "Buy a Brick" nonsense from the grunters on gaschat the posters on the intelligent gas board, Gas Guzzler (the one that "coincidentally" doesn't have Henbury Gas on it), actually have the situation spot on.

E.g. this from "swissgas":

I agree it's hard to get your ahead around which is why I was so reluctant to post my thoughts about "suspicions" a month or so ago.

None of it makes any sense unless you subscribe to the "cock up" theory which says the whole deal was rushed through to satisfy Wael's football passions and that no detailed due diligence or financial projections were done. This probably only hit home when Mr Al-Qadi senior became acquainted with the full facts and realized the implications of taking on responsibility for huge trading losses and massive capital expenditure projects. Owning a football club is not bankers territory it's a "wild west" landscape where gamblers, like the Brighton Chairman, thrive and play with money they can afford to lose.

Pessimist Gas gets frustrated with the hero worship of the owners and I get frustrated with the constant talk on the forums of Dwane Sports "selling" Rovers. It's as if fans expect there to be a war between "investors" outbidding each other to take on Rovers liabilities. "Do I hear  £10 million ?  ....  £11 million from the gentleman in the dark glasses ?.. ., sorry sir I've got £12 million over there from the man wearing the straitjacket".  :clapping:

All previous majority owners have had to write off substantial sums to relieve themselves of the financial liabilities which owning Rovers brings. I think the question we may have to ask is how much the Al-Qadi family are willing to write off in order to persuade someone to take Rovers off their hands. 

http://gasheads.org/thread/6688/colony-update-brief?page=4

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I spoke too soon, Henbury has turned up that thread and is displaying his ignorance for all to see.

He says this Saturday he'll be watching the best team in League 1 ........he must be off to Wigan then 

Edited by myol'man
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, 22A said:

A new classic in the making; http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/10566/car-park-:laugh:

"Old friend" Henburygas started it; "So what are all the film crews doing at the mem ? Got to be the new Stadium plans announcement !""

Subsequent replies from fellow gasheads make fun of HG and his post! :clapping:

I feel they have got him sussed now. The fictitious beating up of a disabled person lie was obviously one too far even for them.

He seems a bit of a laughing stock over there now, couldn`t happen to a nicer bloke!

3 hours ago, myol'man said:

Blimey! There are a few on there who are actually suggesting that UWE buy, own and run Bristol R*vers Football Club!

Deluded or what?  :gasmask:

I do have to say that there do seem to be more and more of them (not Henbury Gas obviously) that are beginning to see the light that we have seen shining brightly like a new sun for the last eighteen months. 

• Like 1

Absolute belter this one on gaschat.

Harvey Specter
Reserve Team

Harvey Specter Avatar

Posting Level

Next Level in 131 posts
23 hours ago
Post Options

Post by Harvey Specter on 23 hours ago

Hugo the Elder Avatar
lordjusticegashead Avatar
But ... we haven't. Unless dragonfly is Wael or Hanni's username.

Expectations.

I would buy a family brick ... see the name on a wall of Rovers fans would be pretty cool. Hopefully be there long after I'm gone. 

Maybe a good reminder to our owners that 'We' are part of our Club!! 

If i thought they could work it out I would suggest a 10% discount at the pasty hut if you were a Family brick owner ... ( people on here working out already how many pasties they would need to scoff to get their money back in a season )

Well my Uncle (life long Rovers supporter) has been pretty reluctant to believe concerns mentioned to him about Wael and Dwayne sports. Today we were chatting and he mentioned he is starting to have doubts, I asked what changed his mind he mentioned that Rovers supporters he knows (and their forum) have started to awake to the fact all is not well. They are just not sure what is wrong. So they do get there in the end guys - just a bit slow out of the blocks.

• Haha 1

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 17:57, Cider_boy said:

I saw that quote, it just comes across as more bullshit from the gas, they seem to have got to the stage where they can't just say something as it is, and need to lie/distort/embellish their statements 'cos they feel they need to constantly pull the wool over peoples eyes.

even the wool they pull over peoples eyes is 30% nylon.

• Haha 5

16 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Just going down Gloucester rd . There seems to be some clowns and people in fancy dress . Any idea to what's going on 

It's to celebrate playing a match equivalent of a cup final, just ignore it, after all any game in league one is a cup final for them.