IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Just another example of how football fans have gone soft these days. Those onions made us a force to be reckoned with back in the old days.

Yeah! Vintage cheddar and nice strong crunchie onion,not to be messed with.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, HitchinRed said:

Just saw this on the BBC website:

When record fees were £375,000

25 years ago Andy Tillson cost #BristolRovers £375,000... He's still the most expensive player the club has ever signed!

Was it money well spent, Bristol Rovers fans?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/40954578

(17:46)

I think their chance to break that record has passed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chalkie said:

He is also director of :

FILTON AVENUE GUARANTEE COMPANY LIMITED (06912935)

and

FILTON AVENUE DEVELOPMENTS LIMITED (06828864)

not to mention the more secretive Dwane Sports Ltd and Dwane Colony Ltd in  the Jersey offshore accommodation address offices

Those companies were taken over from the previous Directors at BRFC.

Whilst it's not so easy to obtain details of companies registered outside the UK, I presume that any loans etc due to Dwane Sports will show in the next set of BRFC accounts?

2 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Those companies were taken over from the previous Directors at BRFC.

Whilst it's not so easy to obtain details of companies registered outside the UK, I presume that any loans etc due to Dwane Sports will show in the next set of BRFC accounts?

Yes, June year end and last year published in March so six month wait to see that.

54 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Yes, June year end and last year published in March so six month wait to see that.

Might all be over by then,  according to some.  I personally think that father and elder brother have pulled the purse strings a lot tighter than Wael was anticipating, but who knows! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Might all be over by then,  according to some.  I personally think that father and elder brother have pulled the purse strings a lot tighter than Wael was anticipating, but who knows! 

That was my calculation too but I am a gurt ted.

I reckon that based upon the annual operating loss (ignoring the £2m write off which was non-cash) the balance remaining undrawn on the RCF at the start of the season is insufficent to cover the costs for the full season by about £300k - £400k; meaning either the AQs have to put their own money at risk with an equity investment or unsecured loan or they need to find a buyer before the end of March.

26 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

That was my calculation too but I am a gurt ted.

I reckon that based upon the annual operating loss (ignoring the £2m write off which was non-cash) the balance remaining undrawn on the RCF at the start of the season is insufficent to cover the costs for the full season by about £300k - £400k; meaning either the AQs have to put their own money at risk with an equity investment or unsecured loan or they need to find a buyer before the end of March.

A good cup run beating Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal away en route to the final will help financiall

• Like 1

• Admin
48 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Oh ... stop it, it's enough to make someone who went through the piss taking and vitriol of 82, excited, very excited, at the prospect of Wally's adulation ending in administration.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

20 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Just had a gander on Gaschat.

Apparently them keeping Bodin is a 'real statement if intent' - obviously, that statement might have some merit if indeed they had turned down offers for the player, but following the transfer window yesterday I don't recall anyone having made a bid. So there was nothing to reject.

Now don't let the truth get in the way of another gas theory.

On 30/08/2017 at 20:13, Rich said:

That was Edwayne Star LTD along with, 25 miles from home.

Rather apt pun as Edwin's classic Northern Soul track is S.O.S.

Edwin's other famous sixties track was a reworking of the song War. He called it Gas. The first verse went. ..

GAS-Huh.

What are they good for?

Absolutely nothing. Say it again. .....

9 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

Edwin's other famous sixties track was a reworking of the song War. He called it Gas. The first verse went. ..

GAS-Huh.

What are they good for?

Oh come on, from Higgs' watertight contract with Sainsbury's, last day relegation out of the league, richest man in the world with no money, and UWE collapsing they are the veritable gift that keeps giving! :clapping:

25 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

GAS-Huh.

What are they good for?

He also did "25 Miles", as a homage to the length of the queues when the sag hordes travel away.

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Apparently them keeping Bodin is a 'real statement if intent' - obviously, that statement might have some merit if indeed they had turned down offers for the player, but following the transfer window yesterday I don't recall anyone having made a bid. So there was nothing to reject.

He has less than a year left on his contract, if any Championship club wants him in January they will get him and Rovers won't have a say in it

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Would have thought the word "statement" would be one of the last banded around the Swamp in their current cash flow predicament ! :P

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

In the interest of fairness, a Daily Mail reporter (I know, hardly the gold standard of journalism) who was the first to break that clubs were interested in Bodin, reported that we turned down two offers of £500,000.

We also had a bigger net spend than Arsenal, so obviously we're massive, Wael's a trillionaire now and we're coming for you.

To be honest, I am over the moon he's staying. We'll lose him in January or in the summer for free, but even for £500,000 we won't get a good enough player to replace the value he brings to the side, particularly with just one day to get the replacement in.

• Haha 2

Why only one day to get a replacement in? How short sighted is that? Surely if you have an inclination that your star player "could" be off you'd start making plans way before the last day (eg the recruitment of Baker when it was possible Flint might be leaving)?

Then again what do we know, compared to the Global Powerhouse that oversee financial operations in Sagland...?

13 minutes ago, miagsygas said:

In the interest of fairness, a Daily Mail reporter (I know, hardly the gold standard of journalism) who was the first to break that clubs were interested in Bodin, reported that we turned down two offers of £500,000.

We also had a bigger net spend than Arsenal, so obviously we're massive, Wael's a trillionaire now and we're coming for you.

To be honest, I am over the moon he's staying. We'll lose him in January or in the summer for free, but even for £500,000 we won't get a good enough player to replace the value he brings to the side, particularly with just one day to get the replacement in.

Could have paid for a fence, fixed your championship ready sprinklers and kept you in shake n vac till Christmas.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Strange.

I was under the impression they made a statement intent each time they unveiled a new signing at the mem 

• Like 3