IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

14 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Also makes me wonder how we did 9 (I think it was) consecutive seasons in It!

R*vers were dreadful today and, if that's their normal standard, fair play to those that watch it. I really enjoy watching Championship football, it's a really good standard.

Thankfully, we're not in that god awful division anymore.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

R*vers were dreadful today and, if that's their normal standard, fair play to those that watch it. I really enjoy watching Championship football, it's a really good standard.

Makes you appreciate the Championship for what it really is. I couldnt cope with another season down in the depth of League 1

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Cardiff I suppose but I know what you mean. Apart from us, Westcountry football is pretty dire at the moment.

Plymouth are on the way up arent they? I'm grasping at straws a bit, I'd love to see another team from the west country in the championship. Not the sags though.

Edited by ZiderEyed

1 minute ago, ZiderEyed said:

Plymouth are on the way up arent they? I'm grasping at straws a bit, I'd love to see another team from the west country in the championship. Not the sags though. They're Gloucestershire.

Pretty up and down up to now this season. I can`t see them challenging this season, just consolidating. Exeter are top of league 2 though - unbeaten and only dropped 2 points up to now.

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Pretty up and down up to now this season. I can`t see them challenging this season, just consolidating. Exeter are top of league 2 though - unbeaten and only dropped 2 points up to now.

Exeter were the other team that came to mind, theres a lot of talented young footballers over there, you'd have thought we'd be aware of it. Football in the west country is a state though, no doubt about it.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

By just 3 points wasn't it?

Too close!

• Like 2

Still believing the Wembley attendance myth...

I am not sure your 10,000 estimate takes into account the following

We took 40,000to Wembley, we have roughly  at best, 10,000 regular supporters who attend games.

That leaves about 30,000 who are probably followers of BRFC, who do not support the club and many would go to a Wembly Cup Final because of the great day out etc etc. Rest assured these "floating" followers wont be the type who read the Forum and they wont give a toss if they are called scabs.

I think, in my opinion, that you are over estimating the power and influence of a Forum, it lot less than you think.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, pommers65 said:

Still believing the Wembley attendance myth...

I am not sure your 10,000 estimate takes into account the following

We took 40,000to Wembley, we have roughly  at best, 10,000 regular supporters who attend games.

That leaves about 30,000 who are probably followers of BRFC, who do not support the club and many would go to a Wembly Cup Final because of the great day out etc etc. Rest assured these "floating" followers wont be the type who read the Forum and they wont give a toss if they are called scabs.

I think, in my opinion, that you are over estimating the power and influence of a Forum, it lot less than you think.

It's a terrible tournament. And fully understand fans not going. But also if people want to go surely that's down to them . I see they are being called scabs for doing so . If the fewers did get to Wembley it would be interesting to see how many they would take. I'm pretty sure a few will have selective memory. Would I go if it was City . I don't know. Not because it's a shit competition but don't really enjoy the Wembley experience. Preferred the old Wembley 

Edited by Red Army 75

Bamber Gasgroin Avatar
In what way?

Wael made some nebulous comments about 1 step forward and 4 back, but didn't say who caused the 4 backwards steps. UWE put out a statement which didn't align with what Rovers said, Wael didn't seem bothered enough about it to put the record straight.

UWE made it clear that they were still willing to discuss the project, Hamer had said 'never say never', Wael said 'no'.

Draw your own conclusions.

Where are the BBC inteviews, or the Bristol Post interviews with some relevant person at UWE?
Steve Hamer and Wael have been asked and interviewed about it.

No one seems to have sought any info from UWE. All we have is tbeir statement that doesnt reconcile with Rovers version. UWEs role (wernt we supposed to be partners under Higgs originally) either seems to have been forgotten about or wilfully ignored IMO

Regardless of the answers and what anyone beleives, Rovers are the only ones that have been asked any questions that i know off

Maybe the difference is that UWE have publicly invited Rovers back to try to make the thing happen, and Wael has declined. In that situation it's probably Wael who has got off lightly by hiding behind confidentiality.

I have to say, if UWE were being unreasonable and jeopardising the future of a FC that I owned I would be furious and would have been a bit more

Read more:  http://gasheads.org/thread/6726/future-stadium-less-uwe#ixzz4refuySFB

As we have just passed the 90th season (league suspended during WW2) that we and "them" have both been in the football league(okay they left for a bit, but I included it!!!) I have put a bit of a chart together from my sad City vs SAG attendance spreadsheet.

City vs Rovers Attendance up to end season 16/17 Comparison Over Time

Time period 

Since 1921 (90 seasons)

Last 70 years

Last 50 years

last 25 years

Last 20 years

Last 10 years

Total

Av

Total

Av

Total

Av

Total

Av

Total

Av

Total

Av

Rovers

City

Gas att as % of City's

69.53%

69.53%

69.16%

69.16%

54.80%

54.80%

53.05%

53.05%

51.95%

51.95%

47.31%

47.31%

Att differential

Interesting to note:

• Rovers’ total season’s attendance has only exceeded City’s once in 50 years (34 years ago)

• City’s total season attendance has exceeded double Rovers attendance 19 times in the past 50 years

• Rovers have never had a season's attendance that has doubled City’s season’s attendance

• Rovers have exceeded City’s total attendance 14 times in 90 years

• City have exceeded Rover’s attendance 76 times in 90 years

• Rovers’ greatest attendance differential above city's was 7066 in 53-54 season

• City’s greatest attendance  differential above Rovers' was 15249 77-78 season

• Trend shows that over the last 10 years 100%+ more have watched City than The Gas!!!!!!

Edited by adamski
reformat of table
  • Like 7

The gap between the two 'Bristol's' has widened considerably, I blame the decline of the Wonderbra for that and the rise of pc feminism...  'The Gap' has been fascinating for all of us to keep an eye on, and it's the Gas that have been minding The Gap more than anyone... (they even invented a game of 'boob cricket' apparently, an 'in tents' game popular throughout the country's under canvas camping parks I hear)..

I digress slightly, the point I wanted to make (if only!) was despite dwindling support for Sags ,which has undoubtedly been somewhat amusing for the much firmer support of Bristol City's south of the river... I must admit, not being a fan of Saggies personally, and I miss the late 60's/70's when the gap was smaller and the two Bristol's were closer together, sometimes clashing spectacularly during a good streak ... I'd quite like to see 'the Gap' closed a bit.

As a fan of cleavage generally, but specially of good old fashioned Bristol cleavage... I say bring back the 'Wonderbra'  it was so much more fun, I've had enough of the lifting and separating, and for some, with next to no support, we've seen in recent years the 'Sags' sagging , swinging ever lower almost onto their knees, its not a good sight, talk about blue tits...  the Gap has become a bit too much now, was fun but its got a bit too boring now.. I think decent support is healthy and I look forward to one day enjoying a bit of Bristol cleavage again..

Hope this post doesn't make me look like a right tit, - theres still no better sight than a Red Red Robin bob bob bobbing along..

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

The gap between the two 'Bristol's' has widened considerably, I blame the decline of the Wonderbra for that and the rise of pc feminism...  'The Gap' has been fascinating for all of us to keep an eye on, and it's the Gas that have been minding The Gap more than anyone... (they even invented a game of 'boob cricket' apparently, an 'in tents' game popular throughout the country's under canvas camping parks I hear)..

I digress slightly, the point I wanted to make (if only!) was despite dwindling support for Sags ,which has undoubtedly been somewhat amusing for the much firmer support of Bristol City's south of the river... I must admit, not being a fan of Saggies personally, and I miss the late 60's/70's when the gap was smaller and the two Bristol's were closer together, sometimes clashing spectacularly during a good streak ... I'd quite like to see 'the Gap' closed a bit.

As a fan of cleavage generally, but specially of good old fashioned Bristol cleavage... I say bring back the 'Wonderbra'  it was so much more fun, I've had enough of the lifting and separating, and for some, with next to no support, we've seen in recent years the 'Sags' sagging , swinging ever lower almost onto their knees, its not a good sight, talk about blue tits...  the Gap has become a bit too much now, was fun but its got a bit too boring now.. I think decent support is healthy and I look forward to one day enjoying a bit of Bristol cleavage again..

Hope this post doesn't make me look like a right tit, - theres still no better sight than a Red Red Robin bob bob bobbing along..

Eh?   ... wtf am I on about?...  I think generally life's more fun when support is decent on both sides.

Good Bristol support is good to see doncha think, can't stand sad sag's!