IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

9 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

The man Bristol Rovers have hired to maximise the club's revenue and profitability

"Bristol Rovers have hired Tom Gorringe as commercial director.

Gorringe was employed as a marketing executive at Portsmouth and the club twice entered administration twice during his time on the south coast."

Nothing like getting an expert in administration in when Wally finally uses up all the money and is looking for a way out. Happy Days!

To maximise the club's revenue & profitability, they've employed someone who was involved, with a club the size of Portsmouth, when they went into administration. Twice! 

If they were the interview panel for the BBC then I'd fancy my chances of getting a new job as the weather girl..! 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Big Red Rich said:

With the latter I am on a leadership programme in partnership with Barclays.

? This is the only one I could find; seems to be some basic "life skills" programme - i.e. dress smartly, speak clearly, and be confident.

30/01/2017

Category: Industry News

“The opportunity to reach 16,000 students as a careers champion is really exciting,” says education adviser Sian Gresswell, after completing the first workshop in the new Careers and Employability Leadership Programme developed by education charity Teach First and LifeSkills created with Barclays.

The intensive 18-month programme is part of the just-launched Careers and Employability Initiative, a partnership between the two organisations that aims to deliver better careers education to pupils from low-income backgrounds.

Teachers and schools involved in the initiative will also receive regular training sessions to help them make links between the curriculum and the world of work, while careers and employability learning will become part of Teach First’s Leadership Development Programme for graduates.

The innovative programme is designed to address the gap in careers education – research cited by Teach First shows that disadvantaged pupils are three times more likely to be out of education, employment or training after school than their better-off peers.

https://www.vercida.com/uk/articles/barclays-careers-employability-leadership-programme

9 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I love LinkedIn ...

During my four years at the club we experienced two relegations, two administrations and an FA Cup Final. The highlight of my time at the club was receiving the Family Club of the Year award in 2012. This achievement marked a stark change from the clubs failure to achieve the Football League’s family Excellence standard just a year earlier. Tasked with improving this area I set about changing the ethos of the club to put the fan at the heart and improve the match day experience. This resulted in an increase in season ticket holders for the 2012-13 season despite relegation to League One.

The experience gained here stood me in good stead for my future career.

At Cardiff, in the first year, my team increased matchday hospitality revenue by over 200% from the previous season as well as leading us to the 2013 Family Club of the year Award. One area that received particular praise has been our new Away Fan Strategy which was recently featured in the Independant: http://tinyurl.com/nuhym5u

I can see why the 15ers have grabbed this guy.  With him they might finally actually become the Family Club. :rofl2br:

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

To maximise the club's revenue & profitability, they've employed someone who was involved, with a club the size of Portsmouth, when they went into administration. Twice! 

If they were the interview panel for the BBC then I'd fancy my chances of getting a new job as the weather girl..! 

I need a new captain for my boat, it's a bloody shame the Titanic guy's no longer with us!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

? This is the only one I could find; seems to be some basic "life skills" programme - i.e. dress smartly, speak clearly, and be confident.

https://www.vercida.com/uk/articles/barclays-careers-employability-leadership-programme

A course for Stuart Sinclair, maybe..?!

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I love LinkedIn ...

I am lucky enough to have worked in football for the last 8 years. My journey has taken me from Portsmouth FC where I started as an intern, working in every department before settling in the marketing department in a full-time role.

During my four years at the club we experienced two relegations, two administrations and an FA Cup Final. The highlight of my time at the club was receiving the Family Club of the Year award in 2012. This achievement marked a stark change from the clubs failure to achieve the Football League’s family Excellence standard just a year earlier. Tasked with improving this area I set about changing the ethos of the club to put the fan at the heart and improve the match day experience. This resulted in an increase in season ticket holders for the 2012-13 season despite relegation to League One.

The experience gained here stood me in good stead for my future career.

At Cardiff, in the first year, my team increased matchday hospitality revenue by over 200% from the previous season as well as leading us to the 2013 Family Club of the year Award. One area that received particular praise has been our new Away Fan Strategy which was recently featured in the Independant: http://tinyurl.com/nuhym5u

In addition we also produced a family video to demonstrate the ethos of the club, this was extremely well received and can be viewed here: http://tinyurl.com/cj56gaj

In addition to this I was awarded the Star of the Future Award at the 2013 Football Hospitality Awards.

I currently Head of Marketing at Brighton & Hove Albion where I am responsible for our sales strategies for all club commercial channels including ticketing, commercial, retail and non-matchday events.

In 2015, I received the Rising Star Award at the Stadium Business Awards in Barcelona and in 2016 I was part of the inaugural Sports Industry Next Gen programme with honours. With the latter I am on a leadership programme in partnership with Barclays.

WTF is a 'family club'?

Has he come straight from Brighton to the Gas or was he 'released' from Brighton a while ago? I can understand him trying to get work if unemployed but to go to them from a Premiership club, no way. From what I saw at Brighton he got their name out there and the flag waving was good for their promotion match.

Im losing track with our comings and goings, who is our equilivent person here?

• Admin
22 minutes ago, RedM said:

Has he come straight from Brighton to the Gas or was he 'released' from Brighton a while ago? I can understand him trying to get work if unemployed but to go to them from a Premiership club, no way. From what I saw at Brighton he got their name out there and the flag waving was good for their promotion match.

Im losing track with our comings and goings, who is our equilivent person here?

Interesting question, if the "whispers" on the street are to be believed someone who recently left a job with us was interested in this position